Your Gaming History, Setup, & Collections

BurnedChipmunk

I started gaming when I was 4 years old, on the Nintendo 64. My first game ever was Glover

On Christmas in 2000, my dad got me a PlayStation 2, and it was then that I began my serious journey towards becoming a gamer. I no longer have my original PS2, but I do have the PS2 slim, and continue to collect games for it. My library is now over 135 strong just for PS2 games. It's hard to choose a favorite PS2 game because it had so many stunning titles, but if I had to choose I'll go with Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Metal Gear Solid 3, Spider-Man 2 and The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age.

In 2006 I got my PSP. It was amazing. Being able to play my games on the go was completely new to me. Outside of my N64 I never owned a Nintendo system. I immediately fell in love with my PSP. Sadly, it has gone to Sony heaven. By the time my PSP died I had around 70 games for it. I plan to get another one eventually. My favorite PSP game is Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

I got my PS3 in 2010, and my love for gaming grew even larger with the expanded power of the HD generation. My PS3 library is 300+ strong and continues to grow. My favorite PS3 games are Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Dead Space 2, Diablo III, Skyrim and The Last of Us. 

In 2014 I got a PS4 with Destiny. I don't have much for it, but will continue to expand it as I find more games I like. My favorite PS4 game is Uncharted 4.

It was around that time I discovered the joy of my PS Vita. Vita-chan has had a hard life but she is a plucky little thing. My Vita library is 60+ and continues to grow as well. My favorite Vita game is Muramasa.

I mainly collect for my PS2 and PS3, as you can probably tell.

As for my gaming setup, I have my PS2 (composite to HD converter) and PS3 set vertically side by side, with my PS4 horizontal next to them. My N64, PSOne, and GameCube are in another room with separate CRT television hookups so I don't have to worry with switching cords. I used to have a Wii but it broke and I never bothered buying a new one.

I like to collect special editions, and it is currently my mission to buy as many as I can find. So far my favorite ones are the N7 Collector's Edition of Mass Effect 3 and Destiny Limited Edition. I don't have a real end goal for my collection. I just buy what I like and add it in.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When did you start gaming?

About early 2000's when I got my own console which was the PS1 but didn't actually start gaming till I got my Original Xbox with Halo:CE and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic when I turned 20 in 2006 so about 11 years now.

What consoles did you play as a kid?

As a kid I was able to play the Sega Genesis, Nintendo Entertainment System, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gameboy, Gamecube, PS1, all at friends and families houses except the PS1.

What consoles and systems do you own?

Original Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, PSVita, and soon Xbox One X, and PC also.

What do you have set up and currently play? 

Everything above is hooked up but the Xbox One X.  I am playing more on the Xbox One S and PSVita than anything else.

What do you collect for, if anything?

Just random stuff but my biggest collection revolve around Mass Effect and Halo......  I mainly just collect posters.

And finally, Are you going for a full collection or just a curated library of your favourite games?

Favorite's mainly

• Like 1

I started gaming when my older sister showed me Super Mario World on the SNES when I was about 5. Instantly fell in love and I blame her for anything and everything I do in the realm of gaming.

SNES, Nintendo 64, PS1, and GameBoy Color are the ones I remember having from the beginning. Got PS2 for my birthday the year after it came out, PS3 for my 14th birthday, and then started actually collecting stuff after that.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, New 3DS, Switch, SNES, SNES Classic Edition glorified emulator lol), N64, and Wii.

Mostly just PS4 right now because of school eating my time, but Odyssey comes out tomorrow for Switch so I'll probably be playing that for the next few weeks.

I like to collect games that are unopened and/or games that come in their original box. While I don't have a lot of these, my examples of this are unopened Final Fantasy IX, unopened Tomb Raider 1-3, Donkey Kong Country in box, and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? for SNES in box (this one isn't as impressive, but I'm an avid Waldo cosplayer and Carmen is seen as the counterpart, and I would play the PC Carmen Sandiego games in elementary school so it means a lot to me.

And finally, Are you going for a full collection or just a curated library of your favourite games?

Ideally, full. Realistically, favorites and unopened classics (FFIX+Tomb Raider)

• Like 1

Around 4 or 5, so early 2000's. 

GameBoy, GameBoy Color, PSOne, PS2, Gamecube

Two PS3s, 1 PS4, 3 Vitas

Last game I played was Knack 2, but then I put gaming on hiatus since then. I really  want to get back to it, but I'm lazy. Maybe when Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 comes out...

Mainly platformers/parkour games -- Uncharted, God of War, Knack, Tomb Raider, Horizon, Lego, as well as my fave series: Ultimate Ninja Storm.Oh, and I collect 3arc games -- BO1, BO2, BO3.

Guess, favorite games. Nothing really catches my eye much, but platformers are must-haves. 

• Like 1