Favorite PS4 game of ALL TIME

AdventjX

On 04/08/2017 at 8:38 AM, Juzota said:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth/Afterbirth

- Hands down my most played game of this generation.

THIS. Much as I'd love to say The Witcher or DAI, Isaac always drags me back for more punishment.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2017 at 5:16 PM, Hogie838 said:

Nioh hasn't interested me of course I've just watched a bit of gameplay can you tell me why you love it so much so it I might get interested?

Sure man. It's always a pleasure trying to get fellow gamers to get into Nioh.

First and foremost, I sincerely believe that in this day and age where the gaming industry is struck with so much controversy regarding DLC management and microtransactions (I'M LOOKING AT YOU CAPCOM!), Nioh seriously did everything right from the marketing end. Of course, other games have done it correctly as well. But I just think considering how high-quality the game is and how much they've worked on it to improve it constantly and really cater to the fans, Nioh kept it simple: standard edition & deluxe edition. Deluxe edition is chalk full of additional content that is released every few months with the last DLC coming out very soon. Just the mere idea of microtransactions pisses me off especially when I spend the full $60-80 on the initial game, and Nioh has made me proud to be a fan of the game. Team Ninja YOU DID GOOD!

As far as the game itself, Nioh is obviously compared to the Dark Souls and Bloodborne series. But as an avid supporter of the Eastern themed games (JRPGS, Dynasty Warriors, Samurai games, etc.), Nioh did everything it could to combine the two realms. The solid gameplay and replayability of the Dark Souls games, and the Samurai-themed dark setting that is reminiscent of the Onimusha series - if anyone remembers that legend. As a relatively new but pretty obsessive trophy hunter, I find myself often just breezing through games and never touching it again after I platinum or 100% complete it. But Nioh is one of VERY FEW GAMES nowadays that I still go back to (ahem... I haven't completed it yet since it has several difficult trophies that might take a while longer). But regardless! I personally consider it one of the greatest games of all time. And I'm sure its legacy will be remembered in the years/decades to come.

If you or anyone else ever decides to pick up Nioh, PM me on PSN and I'd love to play some co op with you! If you need help or just a partner that you wanna slash demons with, I'm always down to play that game. WHENEVER.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, adventheorex said:

If you or anyone else ever decides to pick up Nioh, PM me on PSN and I'd love to play some co op with you! If you need help or just a partner that you wanna slash demons with, I'm always down to play that game. WHENEVER.

Cheers mate, I'll do that! I have Demons Souls on my backlog so might give that a shot first see if I like it.

If we are talking about games exclusive to the PS4 and that didn't appear on a previous gen console then my answer would be The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Since I never owned a PS3, a lot of these remasters are games I am playing for the first time on the PS4 so I am not sure if I should include them in my answer. If I can, it would probably be a toss up between Last of Us and Witcher 3.

I would probably still give the edge to the Witcher 3 simply because it offers more hours of gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, this is a tough one!  The ps4 is host to several remastered of three of my all time favorite games.  Resident Evil Remake, Uncharted 2, and The Last of Us.  But I feel like that's cheating since they aren't actual ps4 originating games.  

My top three (in no order) would be:

-Overwatch

-Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy

-Bloodborne

i have a couple games I'm really enjoying but haven't completed yet too, like Persona 5, Dishonored 2, Yakuza Kiwami, etc.

• Like 1

Without counting remasters:

• Dark Souls III
  • Bloodborne
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Nier: Automata
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Transistor
  • Nioh

I still haven't played Persona 5 so I may include the game on my list soon.