Favorite PS4 game of ALL TIME

AdventjX

NieR: Automata

I ebb and waver whether or not to give the title to Horizon: Zero Dawn which I do like a lot and basically got a PS4 to play it, but considering I picked up the soundtrack and check Twitter daily for any word on new content I would say NieR won in the end.

• Like 1

When I finished Bloodborne I didn't think anything would be bumping it from the top spot for a long time but damn if I didn't love Hitman. I didn't expect much when I bought it during a sale but it blew me away, from the start to the end of the two weeks it took me to 100% it I played almost nothing else. I can't recommend it enough if looking for a less action-y more tactical stealth game.

Best Free Game - Smite/Rocket League. 

- the amount of fun and time spent on these 2 is insane for a free game.

Best PS4 Game - Rise of the Tomb Raider/ Shadow of Mordor

- Loved both of these. Had a blast playing both.

Best Remaster - KH Collection/Metro Redux

- I'm a huge KH fan boy so that's gotta be here, and metro is easily my best shooter. 

Best game in the future will surely be KH3 for me.

*On a side note, I'm really surprised to see so many people saying Nier. Yeah it looked good but I honestly didn't think it would be best game material. I really will have to check that out now

• 1 year later...

It used to be Ratchet and Clank for the longest time, but now, it has to be either Nier Automata or Resident Evil 7. I haven't even finished either of these games, but they so far above any other game I've played for the PS4 and will be games I'll remember for a long time.

First of all, I love a game with a great story and both of these games captured me in the opening cutscenes. The story and mystery keeps my attention and makes me want to continue the story. The last time I was as emotional invested in a game in recent memory is TLOU and although, some seem to hate on it, it's my favorite game of all time. I have already been fighting off tears multiple times in Nier Automata, and I have NEVER had such an adrenaline rush playing video games as I've had with RE7.

I also love the game play of both the games. I've always loved KH games and I feel like Nier Automata is the mature version of a KH game. So many genres crammed into one game and each one feels so polished. I love jumping from a stick shooter to a hack n slash, into a 3rd person shooter. It makes the boss battles feel so epic!

I've only played RE7 in VR and the experience is like no other. You get pulled straight into the game and do anything to survive. The shooting is difficult and hard to get the perfect shot which just makes the game that much more intense and makes every shot matter. I love the feeling of killing with a headshot because you really have to have a steady aim.

Anyone on the fence about getting either of these games. Stop. Go get these games. If you have a VR, do yourself a favor and get this game. It's head and shoulders better than any VR experience I've ever played, and I have always hated horror games so don't use that as an excuse. Go out of your comfort zone and give this a try. You won't be disappointed!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Considering it's the reason I wanted a PlayStation in the first place, it has to be Persona 5. From what I had seen prior to purchase, the UI was gorgeous, and seeing it in action for the first time, under my control, was such a rush. Of course, I didn't get the game just for the menus, there was also the spectacular music, and the incredibly satisfying combat, among other things. Overall, I was blown away by the game, and I can't begin to express how excited I am for Royal, I really hope that some of my issues I did have with the game are addressed - which I can't mention due to story spoilers. It really just has to do with the last chunk of the story. I totally recommend it, even if you aren't into RPGs - and if so, watch RelaxAlax's video on it; How Persona 5 Stole My Heart

Top would be from

Bloodbourne

The Witcher 3

God of War

The Last of Us (Remastered)

Uncharted 4

Horizon Zero Dawn

Dark Souls 3

Assassins Creed Odyssey

Top of the pile = The Last of Us 

Edited by Ringtonwhaledog
Missed games off my list
  • Like 1

maxresdefault.jpg&sp=04360242224ee74a250

Assassin’s Creed: Origins. I was totally surprised by this game because no earlier AC game had ever managed to grab me before (still the case). I just LOVE the setting so incredibly much. I platinumed the game but will most definitely play it again at some point.

Obviously I bought Oddyssey as well as a result, haven’t played it yet. I wonder if I will like it even better ☺️

• Like 2

As it stands my favorites are Persona 5 and God of War for the PS4 but I also loved Cuphead on the Xbone. Though there aren't many games this gen that I could say without a doubt I'd play over and over again as it stands. It doesn't help that I haven't even played most of the PS4 games in my collection however so I'll probably have more as I go through my backlog