Why is it prohibited to write in my language?

1 minute ago, MarkusT1992 said:

This forum is international and English just happens to be the language most of the world speaks. If you would write in Spanish only a few people could understand you.

Then that should be reflected in the rules. If there's nothing in the rules stipulating it shouldn't be then it shouldn't be banned. At worst he's just not going to have as much success in finding a response, there should be nothing stopping him writing in his own language. 

4 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Then that should be reflected in the rules. If there's nothing in the rules stipulating it shouldn't be then it shouldn't be banned. At worst he's just not going to have as much success in finding a response, there should be nothing stopping him writing in his own language. 

I didn't say it's forbidden, I just tried to explain why writing in a language other than English wouldn't be good.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Because most people wouldn't be able to understand what you are saying. Why would you want to post on a forum board where 99% of the people can't read your posts.

Well, I haven't checked, but i guess there aren't too much sites like this in Spanish. Obviously that no means that the community has to adapt to OP. As soon as every newbie starts to interact here should notice that everything is written in English.

2 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

The moderators of this site are English spoken and, I only speak for myself here, only know English, therefore we wouldn't know if anything offensive was being said in another language (Google translate is not the best). It is a common accepted thing that English is the default language to be used in a public worldwide forum. This is so everybody can understand what is being written. It shouldn't need to be an actual rule, or stated in the rules.

I think it's fair, and i have no problem with english being the language of the forum, although i saw ppl here talking in another language... and nothing happened and the post, it was not deleted. That got my attention because i remember i talked in one post with a guy from my country we talked in portuguese and put the translation in english at the same time but our posts were deleted, if i remember correctly. I am saying this, because i am only asking for the rules to be applyed to everybody :) Overall, have no problem with the rule :) 

8 hours ago, BG_painter said:

I think it's fair, and i have no problem with english being the language of the forum, although i saw ppl here talking in another language... and nothing happened and the post, it was not deleted. That got my attention because i remember i talked in one post with a guy from my country we talked in portuguese and put the translation in english at the same time but our posts were deleted, if i remember correctly. I am saying this, because i am only asking for the rules to be applyed to everybody :) Overall, have no problem with the rule :) 

Which posts are you referring to? I have seen a few posts in the Flagged Game Disputes section that have been in other languages, but I have let those slide for the benefit of speeding up the dispute process and to aid the clarity of what the poster is trying to say. Some things might get lost in the translation and there has always been someone who has seen the post and translated it, probably better than what Google translate would come up with :P .

My English isn't very good but I write in English because I want to reach as many people as possible to get the most/best answers of my questions or just small talk to every1. 

I think if posts get banned when they got written in an other language then the forum rules should be updated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

Which posts are you referring to? I have seen a few posts in the Flagged Game Disputes section that have been in other languages, but I have let those slide for the benefit of speeding up the dispute process and to aid the clarity of what the poster is trying to say. Some things might get lost in the translation and there has always been someone who has seen the post and translated it, probably better than what Google translate would come up with :P .

Oh it was quite some time ago, i don't remember where i saw it ? , but it wasn't in the flagged disputes.. Hum.. i suppose it's okay with me too, if the rule need to be more flexible, but if i see again something that it's a little bit of exaggerating i'll let you know ? thanks for the feedback.

14 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

You're the guy who was banned on his primary account for cursing out sly or something in the chat in Spanish right? Why do you come back every few months saying the same thing?

Don't you just love when this happens. xD

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Wasn't mango promoted to the mod team a while back too?

Like Parker said I have mod abilities, but I don't comb through the forums as my main stuff I have time to focus on is all the images, game page data, guides, etc... I basically take care of any reports submitted in the forums while the mods are away. ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parker said:

I see this complaint a lot, I don't think a lot of people realize that there are two moderators here, and since I've been working forced overtime 3 or 4 times a week I'm not on as much as I'd like to be. That leaves @Stevieboy to moderate the forums essentially by himself and as such there are plenty of things that he or we won't see. If you feel a post is breaking the forum rules, report it. If a post isn't brought to our attention and we miss it, we can't do anything about it. It doesn't mean the rules don't apply to everyone, we just can't read every post made on the site. 

Parker

Sure! i'll be happy to help! I had no idea that it was only you guys. I have no idea what it takes to make and admin an internet forum, I am one of those ppl that uses internet but never really thought of how it works on it's extend, and eventually thinks everything is a big company with 50+ ppl working on it lol ?. It's a very good thing that you are open about it and tell us the reality of what you are doing, i am sure other members like me are going to be happy as well to help whenever we can to make this place always better for everybody. I didn't know that "rules apllying for every1" was a reccurent complain, but i have to say, i became a little worried, i hope you guys are not over working, it must be hard to moderate all this ? anyways, thank again for the feedback, feel free to lock the post if you want, the cristal is very clear now :)