Why is it prohibited to write in my language?

13 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

So do we have to speak in English?

No...but once again 99% of the forum speaks english so why wouldn't you? I get that it may not be your first language but if you speak a different language then very few people will be able to understand you so it doesn't really contribute to the forums. Some people may google translate what you said but most of us will just ignore your post and move on to the next one.

I mean if you meet another german or spanish forum user you can always PM each other in a different language so that way everyone in the conversation can understand what is going on.

47 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Because one already knows their own language. There is no benefit in using it.
One should always pursue things one is not perfect at.

But how does this apply to us native English speakers? I would love to drop into a forum discussing the impact video games have on online bullying in children and say "Puedo tener el pez por favor" in my broken Spanish. Unfortunately the rules don't allow me.

11 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

But how does this apply to us native English speakers? I would love to drop into a forum discussing the impact video games have on online bullying in children and say "Puedo tener el pez por favor" in my broken Spanish. Unfortunately the rules don't allow me.

You guys have to use Japanese :awesome: 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Soneto said:

No hablo Ingles 

And apparently not spanish very well . You miss the accent in ingles , it's actually writen "inglés" ?

1 minute ago, mako-heart said:

>come on english site to complain about using english

k e k

Highly illogical ...

Edited by Sigma999
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, T87 said:

Fun fact: this guy is from Portugal (according to his PSN profile lol)

Wait, if the person is from Portugal, then why is said person asking about the rules on whether they can talk/speak in Spanish?

EDIT: where does it say s/he is from Portugal? It shows Spain, and he hid his/her trophies.

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GarciaFever said:

Wait, if the person is from Portugal, then why is said person asking about the rules on whether they can talk/speak in Spanish?

EDIT: where does it say s/he is from Portugal? It shows Spain, and he hid his/her trophies.

This is getting out of control . You'll never discover my true identity :eyebrow: Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

28 minutes ago, Jare said:

The amount of times the thread creator has asked this same question...... 

He probably suffer from amnesia disorder from time to time :huh:

Edited by Sigma999

1 hour ago, GarciaFever said:

Do you even understand who i'm actually talking about?

Edited by T87

1 hour ago, T87 said:

Fun fact: this guy is from Portugal (according to his PSN profile lol)

Portuguese and spanish are quite similar. Just by being a native portuguese speaker you're pretty much halfway done learning spanish, and you can probably understand it fine even without a single lesson. The grammar is just that close. I've heard from native spanish speakers that it's not that easy the other way around, though.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TooruPT said:

Portuguese and spanish are quite similar. Just by being a native portuguese speaker you're pretty much halfway done learning spanish, and you can probably understand it fine even without a single lesson. The grammar is just that close. I've heard from native spanish speakers that it's not that easy the other way around, though.

I support that thinking as a speaker of portuguese . 

• Like 1

when english speakers talk bad spanish:
"lol, how cute, I would love to teach him/she how to properly speak spanish"

when spanish speakers talk bad english:
"ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT!?"
and they shove it onto your face everytime you make the slightest mistake writing something.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Katt said:

when english speakers talk bad spanish:
"lol, how cute, I would love to teach him/she how to properly speak spanish"

As a Native Spanish Speaker who had to re-learn how to read and write spanish after almost a decade of only using English, this is bullshit to the highest degree.

The Spanish Speakers are just as much of Assholes as the English Speakers.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 3