Just started playing again, small question...

mordeckai81

Hello

I played a lot of Destiny on release, then after the release of the 2 expansions, maybe something went wrong with my internet or the game was more demanding with the connection, but the point was that it became unplayable, kept disconnecting so I stopped playing for about a year.

I recently upgraded to fiber so I can start playing again and what I was getting at is that I remember queuing for random strikes back then and getting a group without any issue, nowdays I have yet to succesfully get other people, and it's not because "no one plays anymore" I go to the tower and it's filled with people.

So did something changed that I am not aware of? 

The game tries to match you up to people with a similar light level to you. If you're attempting to join a strike higher than your  light level, it'll therefore attempt to match you with people around your own level who are also trying to join a really hard strike, which most people don't do. Also, most strike players I've seen hang out in the SIVA strike playlists, I usually don't find nearly as many people when selecting a specific strike, but usually you should get a partner. My theory is that it's your light level, since most of the people online now are max light level (400) or close to it, so the game isn't likely to pair you up with them.

1 minute ago, lumphy101 said:

The game tries to match you up to people with a similar light level to you. If you're attempting to join a strike higher than your  light level, it'll therefore attempt to match you with people around your own level who are also trying to join a really hard strike, which most people don't do. Also, most strike players I've seen hang out in the SIVA strike playlists, I usually don't find nearly as many people when selecting a specific strike, but usually you should get a partner. My theory is that it's your light level, since most of the people online now are max light level (400) or close to it, so the game isn't likely to pair you up with them.

Thank you, that's probably it then, I managed to get close to 325 level, and from the guides I read online on how to reach 400 they suggest the SIVA normal strikes, but no luck.
Guess it's time to find other ways.

2 minutes ago, mordeckai81 said:

Thank you, that's probably it then, I managed to get close to 325 level, and from the guides I read online on how to reach 400 they suggest the SIVA normal strikes, but no luck.
Guess it's time to find other ways.

If I were you I'd try the Iron Banner, you get good rewards after every match, including some of the harder ones to get like ghost shells and artifacts. Last month I got back into destiny as a light level 320 and I played iron banner for about 6 hours and I was light level 350, from there you can probably play SIVA heroic strikes as well.

• Like 1