Pc is better than console?...no. ?

ilikebig

Is this topic really necessary though? I feel like there are enough places on the internet that already express similar disdain for PC Master Race as well as weigh the pros and cons of having PCs or Consoles in relation to gaming needs and preferences. I just feel like this topic is already starting off on the wrong foot and could just further snowball into vitriol. 

• Like 2

Obvious a gaming pc will be better than a console, we are talking about thing that a console right now can't do at the same level that a nvidia 1080 or Ram for example. But people how play on console doesn't mind about thing like that. People how play on PC need more fluency and potential because they want thing like 90 fps 120 fps in online games or better performance in games like Word of Warcraft, Dota... Or play games wich you can play on PS4 ? and of course don t compare 300$ vs 1500$ or more.

• Like 1

PC's aren't actually expensive though. Anyone can look at pre-builts and complain about the price. Custom DIY PC's are expensive right now only because of cryptocurrency miners buying all the GPU's, it'll die down soon and prices will come down. They're are actually much cheaper on the long run, cheaper games, can be easily upgraded and no paid online bs. Both have their own positives and negatives.

Why does it bother you? Or bother anyone? Just play on whatever you like. I've been always a PC user and recently got PlayStation 4 and I enjoy playing on both. Doesn't bother me at all.

Weird to see people always fighting over something very silly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Juzota said:

Everyone can play their games on whatever platform they like. I don't really care.

I agree with this sentiment. I play on console as well as PC, each for their own reasons / games / etc. These wars on gaming platform preference are growing tired and old.

Real gamers don't discriminate. I got a PC as well as Multiple consoles. I prefer to play some games using Mouse + keyboard while others using a game pad. There are some exclusives for PC as well as some exclusives for consoles that I want to play. Anyone who discriminates either a PC or a console is just a casual player and not a gamer.

• Like 1

It's just a platform. There's no "best" one, as it's just a matter of personal preference. I like a dedicated system for gaming so I don't get tempted to alt-tab to my browser all the time. I also like gaming from my couch. And lastly, I like the PlayStation library of games a lot. It's a nice mix of western and Japanese games, and in my eyes there's more quality control. Sure, there are some bad games, but most are pretty polished. Even the indie games. Agree with this or not, it doesn't really matter, because, as I said, it's just a matter of personal preference.

its more of an insecurity thing. If you just spent $1000 and some other people are having a good time playing games that look great and having exclusives at $250 to $300 you are going to start to doubt if you made the right choice. So you say your better with all the other people who also spent $1000 and you form your little cult. Its really no different than xbox or sony fanboys who also try to justify their platform. Just let the kids argue over who is better while you have fun playing games. 

• Like 2

If a game comes out on all platforms, PC is always better. No input lag, 144fps, no obnoxious loud fan noise, you name it. You can't even argue that, it's a fact. So why stick with console? Well.. most games I enjoy happen to be console exclusives. So the shitty framerate is worth it since the overall experience is better. In the end I like my singleplayer story driven games most.

If there were no exclusives, no one in their right mind would buy a console. 

• Like 1

the argument here being that you can build a pc for around the same price which is more powerful and eventually outweighs psn in sales on steam. The sales on PSN have been pretty good lately however and i hate fiddling around with a mediocrely optimized pc game.

For anyone getting tired of console wars topics you're a bit late to the party most got tired of them in 2007.

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I guess I'm just insane according to you then. :P I play every game I can on console/handheld, even if a PC version exists. No, it's not because I have a toaster of a PC, quite the opposite in fact, so why do I do that? It's simple; I prefer playing on console. It's more convenient, it has trophies, I like owning games physically, and I prefer its community like the one found on this site. Exclusives are great too of course, but that's far from the only reason I play on a console.

You pretty much spoke what I wanted to say, especially the community aspect. I've dealt with so many PC-trolls that PSN or Xbox Trolls don't even come close. Which it doesn't help that PC uses keyboard for a lot of it's games so people are more likely to hide behind the screen and bash the keys lol. Although I haven't PC'd in over 8 years so not sure if it's improved or not.

Trophies is another big one though. 

• Like 1

At one point, I was big into PC gaming, at another point I was big into console, then PC gaming, now console... I struggled for a while trying to figure out which platform was more worth investing in to me.  So many people told me "both" but I stubbornly landed on console anyways for a variety of reasons personal to me... I prefer physical copies of games (something that has been a rarity on PC for years), I prefer gaming on a couch/recliner vs. my computer chair/desk, I prefer gamepad to keyboard and gamepad support is more common but still spotty on PC, etc, etc.

There is no objective answer to which is better, people are usually too far up their own asses to try and see both sides.

For every "PC games are cheaper" argument... I can point out console games that I bought for well below PC prices (even on sale) thanks to the second-hand market, and I'm not limited to special sale periods to do it.

For every "PC hardware is more expensive" argument, you have to give them credit that PC games typically transcend console generations/upgrades by running the same games at higher settings, with higher resolutions while we're stuck with $60 remasters years later.

I say gamepad is better, so-and-so says mouse and keyboard is better.

I say my $600 recliner is more comfortable, they say their $600 PC gaming chair is more comfortable.

I say discs are better, they call it clutter.

Edited by Dreakon13

49 minutes ago, DennisWilles said:

If a game comes out on all platforms, PC is always better.

That isn't always true. Look at the Arkham Knight PC port, even on very high end systems there were all sorts of performance issues with the game, it got so bad that refunds had to be issued and the PV version was pulled from stores. While that isn't common, it does happen. 

Parker

• Like 1