Pc is better than console?...no. ?

ilikebig

I prefer investing in many platforms to be able to play any game I'm interested in. PC is nicer for playing some games and consoles have many great exclusives you can't get on other platforms. The only problem that stems from this is I have trouble finding time to play all the great games.. ?

1 hour ago, DennisWilles said:

If a game comes out on all platforms, PC is always better. No input lag, 144fps, no obnoxious loud fan noise, you name it. You can't even argue that, it's a fact. So why stick with console? Well.. most games I enjoy happen to be console exclusives. So the shitty framerate is worth it since the overall experience is better. In the end I like my singleplayer story driven games most.

If there were no exclusives, no one in their right mind would buy a console. 

Because a PC capable of 144fps in all games (ignoring most games have framerate caps or too poor of optimization to handle it) with no obnoxious fan noises wouldn't cost a small fortune. xD

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

Sorry but am about to hit rant mode now so sorry if this annoys anyone but this is what I think and I like getting what I think out sometimes, I think we all do, so here goes.

If you ask me talking about what console is better or pc is best is just pointless and should stop, yeah big baby we see you got a new pc rig with 10tb of ram and a capture card and so on, so what? is it because it is a lot of money to buy that is why it is the best? if so great for you, give it about 2 years and it might brake down just like everything else now adays, nothing lasts forever and when you look back to the past you see that things were made to last longer, controllers, consoles and even phones, now adays you will be lucky a phone or controller lives past the age of 3, if you want to talk about a real problem. 

I think we should talk about things like why things don't last longer now or complain make people see we had it with the bs pre order dlc, or taking parts of the game off like metro last light did for ranger mode and sold it for dlc to people and not caring or making games half done and have so many bugs say it is worth £50 and give it to us to play and wait for about 1 to 2 months for 1 patch to fix the most broken bugs out there, seems a lot better then pointless console wars if you ask me or the whole pc is better, at the end of it we are all the same, sure billy you can get the top end pc right now but give jimmy another few more years and he might get the same too or even think the top end pc too or even get a console.

Rant over, sorry but console wars and pc master race shit pisses me off to no end as there is too many fools out there that think we need to look to dumshit like this when real big problems need to be attack at by us, the people who buy the games or use the things they make we need to complain about the right things not the fanboy bs.

Dude, I would love to play some PC games... but...

- My room is a fucking mess. (I can fix that but... See below)

- If I can't afford a damn game per month, much less a PC. (I always buy digital games in discount)

- I would need to upgrade it sporadically, no money for that. (NO MONEY FOR THAT) (parts could cost the same as a PS4, or even more)

- If I need to go out for some time, I dunno, vacation or just go visit a distant relative, I can't carry the whole thing. (Thank you, PS Vita my love ❤️)

- I enjoy playing games lying in bed rather than sitting in a desk. ("B-but you could plug the PC to the TV" no, I can't, it's not the same, period.)

That's why videogame consoles are for me.

But hear me out:

STEAM > PSN

Sony could learn a lot from Steam.

• Like 1

This isn't a debate I'm willing to begin debating, nor do I consider it a worthwhile debate in the first place.  Every platform available for gaming has its pros and cons.  Personally, I bought my PS4 last year brand new for $250, and it came with 3 games and that's good enough for me.  Considering I can't get a decent video card for that much, and I don't like spending money as is, my mind was made up.  People who game on PC care about things I don't, like super high res pretty pics across 3 monitors displaying in 5760x1080.  I care about cost.  If I can play pretty enough games on the tv I already have for $250, that's way better for me than $1k+ to buy the parts to them put together a gaming PC.  And then buying monitors and speakers and all the other things you need.  I'd rather not and spend that money elsewhere.  I also borrow physical copies of games from friends all the time, so that's nice (and free).  Not debating what PCs can offer, their hardware can definitely be superior to any console on the market, especially if it's custom built in the last 5 years or less, but my personal preference is cost.  To those who have all the platforms and game on everything, more power to you.  I'm glad you have the financial independence to do that.  I love gaming, but my cheap laptop my work gave me is good enough for whatever I do on PC, and I use my PS3 and PS4 for gaming.  I have a 360 also, but I just don't have the time to turn it on anymore with everything else I got going on.  The important part of the experience for me when gaming is the story and gameplay, 2 things that are dictated by the game developers and the platform has no effect on the quality of either.

Again, not debating anything here, just stating my personal reasons for buying a PS3 and PS4.  Hilariously, friends at work have been proclaiming 'PS4 Master Race' since the PS4 launched just to troll the PC gamers at work.  It's quite funny to witness them go back and forth (and a constant reminder of why I don't debate with them).

• Like 1

I think there are pros and cons to having a PC or console. I don't really think one is better than other. I know plenty of people that play both!

Though I prefer consoles, I do want to buy a laptop for gaming. There are some games on steam I really want, likeThief and Obscure. 

Edited by Firefoxie

What's really great about about PC is all the games drop price so much faster and thxs to all the humble and steam sale (which really are "sales" compare to psn) the money sorta comes back even though the system cost more. 

I love my PS4 though, just as much as I love my PC.

Need more ram? no problem!

https://downloadmoreram.com/

PC gaming has a lot of good points for it.

Console gaming also has good points for it.

There, turns out they're both perfectly valid methods of gaming and there's no single perfect device (at least until like 20 years from now when there's an emulator for every generation ever) and if you have the money get the lot and if you don't don't. Done, thread over. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamieRay--MattedSpam said:

spiderman2_ps2box.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif

MattedSpam

Hey, Spider-Man 2 for PC is a good game. What's not to love about it? The cutscenes alone have at least 3 frames per second and I personally find webbing onto actual buildings to be too difficult anyway.

• Like 1

Honestly, i say at the end of the day having both a PC and consoles of your choice is the best way to game, you get to pick the superior versions of games (PC ver. is not always the best), and you get to play the exclusives as well.

People who only have a PC are missing on the good exclusives worth playing out there and people playing only on consoles just don't get a MP game that stays alive for more than a few years, just look at TF2 on PC, it was released on 2007 and a lot of people still play it to this day, a decade later, what game on console can you say is truly alive after a whole decade? Pretty much none... especially with how the media and players themselves have basically turned it into the norm now a days, with new CoDs releasing every year and the old games dying out.

I think PC is better for a MP experience, because the community stays and keeps playing the games. On console it's more about the single-player experience, because after a new console is released, the games on the older consoles die out or the servers close.

I play on both PC and PS consoles though so maybe i have a bias on this. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

What's really great about about PC is all the games drop price so much faster and thxs to all the humble and steam sale (which really are "sales" compare to psn) the money sorta comes back even though the system cost more. 

I question this.  Bundles are generally rife with older games, indie titles that weren't all that expensive to begin with and crap games made to be bundled.

I don't think games drop price "faster" on PC... with the second-hand market (keeping in mind no such thing really exists on PC outside of underground key resellers), I can find often newer games on console cheaper quicker than PC (see: the time I bought Prey for over 50% off before it ever even got its first Steam sale, which was only even like 33% off).  If you wait long enough however, the PC retailers sell older games for pennies.  So it's not that the prices drop faster, they drop slower... but those patient enough are rewarded with some outstanding deals.

Edited by Dreakon13

On 5.8.2017 at 0:25 AM, Katt said:

- I enjoy playing games lying in bed rather than sitting in a desk. ("B-but you could plug the PC to the TV" no, I can't, it's not the same, period.)

Plus, unless you're willing to move your PC back and forth all the time that would require an extra PC just for that... and personally I don't feel like spending money on more than one PC.

As for me... I've always been a console gamer ("console" here meaning both home console and handheld) and am not too big on PC gaming - I'll pretty much only play a game on PC if there's no other option x3 I'll respect other people's gaming preferences, but I can't stand obnoxious "PC master race" types. Just play what you want on what you want and don't be a jackass about it

As for why I prefer console, even with a laptop capable of decently running PC games:

- I prefer playing on a handheld or in front of the TV rather than on the computer. As for why I can't just "plug the pc into the tv" see above - unless you count my old spare laptop that I prefer not to move around too much since it's falling apart, I only have one computer (a laptop that was actually advertised as a "gaming computer" amusingly enough considering I've barely used it for that) and I can't be bothered to move it back and forth, back and forth...

- I can buy a game and know it will work on my console instead of having to check first if it will run on the specs - even though technically this probably won't be much of an issue for me since I don't tend to play a lot of the "spec-heavy" games that my computer would potentially have issues with anyway, but still x3

- There's just something about having a box specifically made for games that appeals to me?

- I generally prefer physical editions

- The genres that people say tend to be "better on PC" just so happens to be genres that overall don't appeal much to me x3

- Lots of great exclusives

- Specs have never been a big deal to me and I can barely tell great from just decent specs lol

Basically, if I'm ever to play my steam library more often... I'll need a Steam Machine x3

Edited by Zanreo

12 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Because a PC capable of 144fps in all games (ignoring most games have framerate caps or too poor of optimization to handle it) with no obnoxious fan noises wouldn't cost a small fortune. xD

Sure but for the price of a console you get a PC slightly more powerful.. with the added benefits of no input lag AND most importantly, you get to choose your settings. You can tune down the graphics and get a better framerate. I get 144fps on my laptop with no dedicated graphics card on Rocket League.

That's the kind of customization a console should have.. not fake 4k with 30fps. 

13 hours ago, Parker said:

That isn't always true. Look at the Arkham Knight PC port, even on very high end systems there were all sorts of performance issues with the game, it got so bad that refunds had to be issued and the PV version was pulled from stores. While that isn't common, it does happen. 

Parker

Same goes for Nier Automata, Final Fantasy 7-9 PC Ports, Metal Gear Solid PC Ports, and many more games ...

46 minutes ago, DennisWilles said:

Sure but for the price of a console you get a PC slightly more powerful.. with the added benefits of no input lag AND most importantly, you get to choose your settings. You can tune down the graphics and get a better framerate. I get 144fps on my laptop with no dedicated graphics card on Rocket League.

That's the kind of customization a console should have.. not fake 4k with 30fps. 

I'm amazed at how all the people who are so eager to discuss above 60FPS frameratses always use a 60Hz monitor ... usually even without VSync ...
Guys - Unless you get yourselves a 200Hz Screen (and I'm not talking about 200 MCI - Motion Clarity index which screen producers substitute for refresh rates to hide that their screens are 50 or 60Hz max) Then it completely does not matter if you have 60 or 60000 FPS. since all you get on screen are 60 refreshes per second.

Edited by PiotrekHenry
typos.

11 hours ago, Katt said:

If your PC is too far away from your TV, there's also Steam Link for streaming your games to your TV. I haven't tried it myself as we can conveniently just plug one of our PCs into our TV with HDMI. You can also use your favorite controller as long as there's a controller support in the game. 

What I like the most about PC is that it's so versatile. I can work, photoshop, pay bills, etc. easily in addition to gaming. I don't really care about all those resolution/fps/teraflops thingamabobs as long as there are no performance issues. I play games for the content, not graphics. Most games these days run on cheaper and older PCs too as you have an option to adjust the graphics settings.
PC is better for online multiplayer since you're not required to pay additional subscriptions and you don't have to rely on two different services (the game servers + PSN for example) and routers connecting to them being up and functional. PSN seems to be a popular target of DDoS attacks afterall. 

For "poor people" PC would actually be the better investment IMO unless you're mostly interested in console exclusive titles. 

Consoles are great too and I find myself gaming mainly on consoles these days. Especially portable ones.

back on the ps1 and mid ps2 era I used to game on my big brother's PC, well until our PC have outdated that is, I was a noob when it comes to PC stuff at the time and one day I bought Sonic Adventure DX and a 3rd person shooter game called el matador (the very last PC games I ever bought) sonic adventure ran really good on our PC but el matador is where my older brother have told me about PC upgrades which couldn't run it, I thought it just need some programs or some sort of a file but nope! it was way too far from those, the time we got a ps3 was the day I quit PC gaming for good...

who cares for a MasterRace class graphics when you can just buy a console and play it without worrying about the latest graphics card or screen card? it's nice to be spoiled by looking at good graphics but we're playing games for the fun after all and not to keep bragging at how good it looks. even at the days I was playing on PC I only played the games that was not on the consoles we had back then, at least games that never got released on ps1 and ps2.

and yes, I used to buy my PC games, I mean each time I played a pirated copy of a game it always ended up been just a Demo with the word Full Game been slapped on it.

5 hours ago, DennisWilles said:

Rocket League is pocket change compared to most games out there.  Whatever your laptop is, you aren't getting those kinds of framerates in The Witcher 3, The Division, Just Cause 3, Batman Arkham Knight, etc.  You can set those games to 640x480 with all the bells and whistles turned off and you won't get 144fps.  It just doesn't work that way.

That "slightly more powerful PC" that you somehow built for $300, will be obsolete for everything besides Rocket League and the indiest of indie games in a year or two.  If it isn't already.  Keeping in mind that console games are built to be optimized on lesser/standardized hardware while PC games aren't... so even if this hypothetical PC is technically better, games will more often than not run worse.

I'm not saying you're wrong, a lot of it boils down to personal preference.  If you prefer your $300 laptop, hunched over a wired-in keyboard and mouse playing nothing but Rocket League... by all means.  But "getting 144fps in Rocket League" is far from proof of PC's superiority over anything.

Edited by Dreakon13

3 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

If your PC is too far away from your TV, there's also Steam Link for streaming your games to your TV. I haven't tried it myself as we can conveniently just plug one of our PCs into our TV with HDMI. You can also use your favorite controller as long as there's a controller support in the game. 

What I like the most about PC is that it's so versatile.

The Steam Link is horrendous.  I tried to make it my "gaming on TV" solution and there was so much latency with the wireless (in the same room) that it was completely unusable.  If I wired my PC to the Steam Link with an ethernet cable, it was perfect but kinda defeats the purpose and only works out of the box for games with Steam overlay support (so games you purchase on Origin, uPlay, GOG, etc need to be run through Steam and may not work).  There are workarounds to get it to broadcast your desktop and technically work with everything, but that becomes a colossal pain in the butt after a while since you need to set it up every time to turn a game on.  And who knows when some goofy bug or glitch might prevent that from working.

This is kind of a microcosm of the problems with PC though.  Preaching the benefits of "having options" only works as well as the games that support them.  Soon you just find yourself being forced to make concessions with every new game you buy... because this one doesn't support gamepads, that one doesn't support mouse and keyboard, or this one doesn't support the Steam Overlay, or that one doesn't like acknowledging my TV as a second monitor, or this one is poorly optimized so I can't get over 25fps anyways, or that one's VSYNC doesn't work properly, or this one doesn't like my brand of speakers, or that one doesn't like my brand of video card, etc, etc.

Push through enough shit and you realize maybe the simplicity of the console isn't all that bad.  Especially if you prefer wireless gamepads and gaming on a TV anyways... something you know every game on the PS3/4 can do... and you like it when games just work.

Edited by Dreakon13

ALLLL RIGHT, Now I'll answer the thread

Or have both blocked-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624 

Trophy hunting and friend count is way higher on Psn, so I stick with psn for gaming.

I use my Pc for Making music and making videos/amv more then gaming.

the only game I play is Overwatch, one day I'll get an xbox acct just for blue dragon on Pc :) 

one reason why I'll never ever buy any Xbox console.

The end.

blue-dragon-xbox-360.jpg

Edited by Galactic Balls
  • Like 1

I prefer consoles because it's simpler. I can buy a game, put it in the console and play, don't need to worry about specs or anything. 

End of the day though just play using whichever you want and move on. Doesn't really affect you if others want to use something different to you.

• Like 4