After 16 years! Here comes my Diablo III!

Finally after like almost 16 years since I got my physical copy of Diablo II. I finally got this button smasher dungeon crawler called Diablo III today! (thanks for y'all advice). I've been a fan of the series since the first one came out in 96. And I remember meeting up the Butcher for the first time and he was like "aaahh fresh meat!" with my headset on and that scared me asf! It might be not as good as its predecessors, as long as it is an addictive dungeon crawler. I'm always in!

• Like 4

At launch it wasn't as good as the old ones, but after Reaper of Souls and a couple dozen free DLCs I think it's brought itself up to par. Not to mention, they're still not done adding content.

Have fun with it though, it's a seriously great game. I've been playing it since day 1 of vanilla with hundreds of hours in and haven't regretted a minute.

Edited by KingGuy420

On 5/8/2017 at 3:10 AM, slaveknight09 said:

And I remember meeting up the Butcher for the first time and he was like "aaahh fresh meat!" with my headset on and that scared me asf!

If you play it next year on January you'll meet him again "for the first time" :D

Nice purchase! I have it on PC and i remember the earliest days, all the haters, the death threats to the devs in the Battle.net forums... it was full of idiots. It became better on PS3/360 first and then back on PC with update v2.0.1 aka Reaper of Souls! Recently i had a blast with the Necromancer DLC. It's the only charater i managed to play T13 with! (seriously, i suck at this game lol)

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2017 at 8:10 PM, slaveknight09 said:

Finally after like almost 16 years since I got my physical copy of Diablo II. I finally got this button smasher dungeon crawler called Diablo III today! (thanks for y'all advice). I've been a fan of the series since the first one came out in 96. And I remember meeting up the Butcher for the first time and he was like "aaahh fresh meat!" with my headset on and that scared me asf! It might be not as good as its predecessors, as long as it is an addictive dungeon crawler. I'm always in!

Oh man. I remember playing Diablo II on PC when I was 13. The fog-of-war effect that I was oh-so used to in Baldur's Gate made the caverns in Diablo 2 terrifying, and hearing "Fresh meat" in the distance coming out of the dark was nightmare fuel at the time. It's so hard to explain to someone why Diablo 2, Resident Evil 1-3, and Dino Crisis were scary back in the day. 

• 5 weeks later...