Trophy thoughts?

I've been very excited ever since this game was first shown off for some reason it really got my attention. Also hoping it turns out successful as the devs are doing something that seems good for both themselves and the consumers. Trophy list seems very straightforward basically beat the game and get all collectibles. They have said that it won't be a very long game so I'm guessing it'll be a 5-15 hours Platinum that stacks so that's great. Can't wait for this one. 

Edited by NaseemJohn
Error

17 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Any idea what this game is or what its about? 

It's a short- to medium-length story-heavy game with a high visual polish. You play as this insane female warrior who's returned home with a serious case of PTSD. There are several trailers available; all the ones I've seen put very heavy emphasis on your character freaking out, hallucinating, etc., but there is at least some combat.

I don't know. To me it looks like a pretentious game that will showcase predictable story "twists" in an unsuccessful attempt to gut-punch you emotionally.

But! It is very pretty, and these guys have made plenty of action titles, so I am prepared to be proved wrong.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

At least it has a Plat but I would like more than 15 total trophies. I wasn't too impressed by the gameplay videos I saw so I think I'll wait for a deep sale on this one.

To be fair a lot of those trophies are gold so that's good and also the game is already 20-30-40$ depending on your region

1 hour ago, rdhight said:

It's a short- to medium-length story-heavy game with a high visual polish. 

It is very pretty, and these guys have made plenty of action titles, so I am prepared to be proved wrong.

1 hour ago, Killbomb said:

I think I'll wait for a deep sale on this one.

I have to agree with both these statements, as interesting as it looks like it could be.

Gotta admire the devs tho. They could of sold this game at full price but decided not too because they said it's half the size of a triple a game so they're selling it at half the price. Also instead of packing it with almost everything to please every kind of gamer they decided to focus on a story with some puzzle elements and combat. 

57 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Gotta admire the devs tho. They could of sold this game at full price but decided not too because they said it's half the size of a triple a game so they're selling it at half the price. Also instead of packing it with almost everything to please every kind of gamer they decided to focus on a story with some puzzle elements and combat. 

Yes. I enjoy some niche, less elaborate games, but sometimes it's sad how clearly you can see the places where the money Ubisoft spends on one trailer could have helped a small game with very cool, creative gameplay become so much more than the tiny dev could afford to make it. Whether this turns out well or not, I hope more short, focused games get this kind of investment.

Edited by rdhight
  • Like 1

Pretty stark comparison from Ninja Theory's last game. 

Beating a game 5+ times, each on harder and harder difficulty, definitely makes this list look like it's Final Fantasy XV easy mode for scrubs.

It's Ninja Theory though, so if you're buying the game for trophies, you're already a failure.

Considering the already announced short-to-medium length, I have to say that I like the fact that the trophy list does not have a ridiculous Beat the game 4 times just to make feel a high sense of replayability. Besides, I like the no bronzes list.

The only reason why I don't buy it right away is the combat, so I'll just wait next year.

37 minutes ago, rdhight said:

Yes. I enjoy some niche, less elaborate games, but sometimes it's sad how clearly you can see the places where the money Ubisoft spends on one trailer could have helped a small game with very cool, creative gameplay become so much much more than the tiny dev could afford to make it. Whether this turns out well or not, I hope more short, focused games get this kind of investment.

My exact thoughts. 

1 hour ago, TheMickakaBL said:

I can get behind a game having more golds and silvers than usual. I just hope it's not some Dark Souls level of difficulty. Those really aren't my cup of tea.

It has several choices including easy and hard, the default choice is dynamic and scales based on your performance. 

• Like 1

Just got pass the first boss and man I gotta say this game is great. The combat is so simple but very intense and same goes for the boss fights. They could of done a better job of explaining what you're supposed to do exactly with the doors and symbols but it's pretty easy to pick up after a couple segments. The game looks beautiful in such a dark twisted way and runs smoothly. Still at the beginning so can't say much about the story but it's kinda confusing right now