how challenging of a plat. is this?

RJP_X

is it on the insane side, or doable? i've managed the muramasa rebirth platinum which i didn't find that hard, outside of the beginning of fury mode without whetstones. although its hard to compare two different genres lol.

i'm looking for a new vita game after finishing SAO HF and this is on sale currently, only Ys game i've played was memories of celceta which i remember enjoying a lot.

I played it pretty extensively on PC, and for the most part, it's doable. The hardest part is Boss Rush mode on Nightmare difficulty, but that's more about pattern memorization than anything. Otherwise, the main reason it's so rare, is because it takes 8 playthroughs, and that's pretty daunting. Overall, I'd say Muramasa Rebirth is harder. 

Also, the game is nothing like Memories of Celceta. It's still an action game, but it's very different. I personally think it's better (it's my favorite game in the series, and I've played them all except Ark of Napishtim), but you may want to look up some gameplay before jumping on it, to make sure it's something you'll enjoy.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I played it pretty extensively on PC, and for the most part, it's doable. The hardest part is Boss Rush mode on Nightmare difficulty, but that's more about pattern memorization than anything. Otherwise, the main reason it's so rare, is because it takes 8 playthroughs, and that's pretty daunting. Overall, I'd say Muramasa Rebirth is harder. 

Also, the game is nothing like Memories of Celceta. It's still an action game, but it's very different. I personally think it's better (it's my favorite game in the series, and I've played them all except Ark of Napishtim), but you may want to look up some gameplay before jumping on it, to make sure it's something you'll enjoy.

thank you!

i watched a bit of the beginning, i just want to know, is there a lot of puzzles in this? or is it more combat focused. not sure if i'd need a regular FAQ walkthrough, or if a regular trophy guide would suffice for the collectibles/upgrades. since i see the guide has a listening of fruits and such. just not sure if the game has a lot of trouble on navigation/puzzles or if its pretty relaxed where you can play through simply.

i don't mind multiple playthroughs, that's what musics for lol.

1 hour ago, RJP_X said:

thank you!

i watched a bit of the beginning, i just want to know, is there a lot of puzzles in this? or is it more combat focused. not sure if i'd need a regular FAQ walkthrough, or if a regular trophy guide would suffice for the collectibles/upgrades. since i see the guide has a listening of fruits and such. just not sure if the game has a lot of trouble on navigation/puzzles or if its pretty relaxed where you can play through simply.

i don't mind multiple playthroughs, that's what musics for lol.

It's more combat focused, but there are a few puzzles. As long as you fully explore every area (everytime there's a fork, just take both ways), you'll get everything. There's a couple of tricky parts you may need a faq for, but for the most part, you don't really need any kind of guide. It's fairly straight forward and simple to figure out.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 8/6/2017 at 0:01 AM, ExHaseo said:

I played this on PC, but never finished it.  Part of the reason being because a different publisher took over the game on Steam and redid the achievements.  Also, got stuck on a boss.  I just started it on Vita, and am finding myself enjoying it again.  One thing to note, though is that the game is relatively short as such, those eight play throughs represent less of a time commitment than they would for a longer game.

Edited by LordBilbanes
  • Like 1