Mistwalker Trophy

Since you need 4 quickenings of each level, it's always best to kick things off with a level 3 quickening and try to get those out of the way as soon as possible. Every time you hit a Mist Charge you will have enough for a lv2 and a lv1 quickening but only one lv3 so getting those out of the way first is advisable. 

However, you partly need to adapt to whatever RNG throws at you. I'm working on this right now and sometimes I get all 4 lv3 quickenings at the start, sometimes I get 8 lv1, 6 lv2 and only 1 lv3.......no matter what people say, it's a matter of rinsing and repeating. Do a chain with one party, change to the other and do a chain, go to a save point and replenish mist charges, time and time again until you get it! Hopefully we'll both be done with it soon enough! ^_^ 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, zombiesateme said:

For getting Black Hole I've tried starting with a lvl1 and a lvl3. I k iw it's all rng but is one really better than the other for trying to hit black hole?

Definitely start with Level 3. Level 3 was the hardest for me to get, because you are relying on Mist Charge-->Lvl 3 to pop up. If you do a level 2 or level 1 quickening from a full bar, you can't even do a level 3 until you get a mist charge. You simply don't have time to do a mist charge, and then shuffle until you see a level 3, it's all about luck of what they send your way. 

The way I got it was to prioritize what to look out for. Basically, consider imposing a "gambit" on yourself (hehe): 

1) Start with Level 3 Quickening 

2) Prioritize Level 3's whenever they are available. This is until you get 4 of them, at which point you have a great shot (but RNG can still screw you)

3) Mist Charge. In my experience, you must double tap this. So as soon as you see mist charge, press the button twice immediately. You need at least 12 moves, and you won't have time to pick.

4) Level 2 Quickenings

5) Level 1 Quickenings

This method took me a little over an hour. Where you are going to get extremely frustrated is that the game can keeping giving you Mist Charge-->Lvl 1 or Mist Charge-->Lvl 2. Nothing you can do about that. The even more frustrating thing is that you'll actually hit all four of the Lvl 3 Quickenings, and then you will get all grayed out commands for 3 shuffles in a row. Again, you can't do anything about that. Just be patient and take a break if you need to. Eventually the game will give you the right sequence. 

Ok damn I must have zero luck. Never can get more than 10 hits and after 3-4 reshuffles still not get a mist charge unless I'm doing something ridiculously wrong.

Edited by zombiesateme
After several attempts finally got this ultimate POS trophy. Even lost track of how many of each hit I had, my count was up to 14 I just wish I knew if it was the lvl1 or lvl3 hit that did it.

• 1 month later...

I'm about to start attempting this. Would really be nice if I could get some of your guys' personal experience getting this trophy. How long did it take? How much randomness actually worked in your favor? How did it work against you? Did you attempt this early or late in the game? For me it's the last thing I did, except for finishing the story, which will earn me my platinum. I know I did this originally on PS2, but not actively trying to get black hole, which for some reason makes things even harder for me when it's my actual objective, rather than trying to kill a boss with as many quickenings as possible. I hear it's actually more difficult in the TZA version. It seems like it's gonna suck, I just wanna know how everyone else dealt with it.

9 hours ago, ThaiChi said:

I'm about to start attempting this. Would really be nice if I could get some of your guys' personal experience getting this trophy. How long did it take? How much randomness actually worked in your favor? How did it work against you? Did you attempt this early or late in the game? For me it's the last thing I did, except for finishing the story, which will earn me my platinum. I know I did this originally on PS2, but not actively trying to get black hole, which for some reason makes things even harder for me when it's my actual objective, rather than trying to kill a boss with as many quickenings as possible. I hear it's actually more difficult in the TZA version. It seems like it's gonna suck, I just wanna know how everyone else dealt with it.

Maybe I just got lucky but it didn't take that long. Maybe an hour? Just went to the Salikawood and tried over and over on the enemies there, and then went back to the crystal afterwards. 

6 minutes ago, Steveg922 said:

Maybe I just got lucky but it didn't take that long. Maybe an hour? Just went to the Salikawood and tried over and over on the enemies there, and then went back to the crystal afterwards. 

yeah i gave it a go. it really wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. i got it within an hour, i guess eventually the RNG just gives it to you lol. Got my platinum though!

*facepalm* posted in a wrong topic...guess, I have to post what I did for this one:

-(Optional) teleport to Nabreus Deadlands, I find this place a nice place since you can easily zone to north > use Quickening to enemy > swap party > use Quickening > return to crystal > zone to south > quickening/swap/quickening + it also makes the enemies in north respawn > return to crystal > repeat and rinse.

As other says, I used Level 3 Quickening first. what I did differently is I guess based on priority, I prioritized Mist Charge Over using a Quickening, I find it more rare in my case to have Mist charge... so I guess in gambit style, what I did is

for Black Hole e.g.

> Mist Charge

> Use Level 3 Quickening

> Use Level 2 Quickening

> Use Level 1 Quickening

Also, what I did in my case is as much as possible, I only have 2 out of 3 characters use Quickenings (again if possible) so that I can have the third one as a back up in case I can't get a mist charge for the 2 characters or reshuffling is eating up my time (it is very hard to implement though thanks to panic). and of course, the obvious one, pray to RNG and hope it become kind to you :|

It's strange that I actually had more trouble getting Luminescence than Black Hole o.O Surprisingly, I didn't have much trouble with this one, well, it still took me around 30~ minutes, but I thought it will take me hours.

Edited by JaM

• 1 month later...

I am starting wondering if updates worsen that trophy

Almost a day and nothing

I diiiiiiiiid it with a elite hunt. I did one and sais hey close so i exited fast and so on after 4 I did. It was with trickster. I knew the game knew i need it a black hole for that elite lol

Edited by waltdisneypixa

On 04/12/2017 at 11:50 AM, trent-fish said:

The biggest tip I could give is to not always press the same button again after a mist charge. I was missing far too many other mist charges just by double tapping, so try to look at the other 2 characters for a split second before hitting the button again

For me same button. You waste time looking

• 3 weeks later...

I had to repeat it a lot but in the end its about luck and patience, just stick to the trophy guide and repeat it over and over till you can make it since it really more about luck then anything else. Square Enix sure love to make Trophies to be kinda hard to get or break your motivation so just dont let it get to you.

Edited by Vadrael