Does this count as cheat?

REAPER4536

I was thinking if you play a game without internet connection and you get a trophy for playing a game "for 1 hour" in 1 hour. Then the time changes because of winter and summer time and you get the trophy for playing the game "for 10 hours" in only 9 Hours ( I know you technically still play 10 hours but EndTime-StartTime = 9 Hours).

Lets say you are good enough to get all other trophies as well, so you are number 1 of the fastes achievers with a time of only 9 Hours.

or does psn/psnprofiles knows when summer/winter time is and also calculate that into the fastes achievers list? 

Would this count as cheat if your achivemening time is just 9 Hours? 

PS.

you update your trophies when you get the platinum/100%

Generally such things are done on in game counters, not PlayStation clock counters.

If they all ran on the system's clock, I wouldn't be able to have done Sportsfriends in a couple hours when it wants me to play on a bunch of different days throughout the year.

changing the system, clock doesn't count as a cheat, lots of people to it for games like journey and the Batman Arkham games for the calendar man dates.  Like SF-SG has said most games will run an internal playtime clock for trophies that track time played

3 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Game will count your 10 hours even though your trophy time stamp will be a 9 hour difference.

Those examples of changing the date so you can do what you have to do on specific days for trophies is cheating, IMO. 

But the summer/winter time change is an automatically process. 

6 hours ago, Willstown said:

changing the system, clock doesn't count as a cheat, lots of people to it for games like journey and the Batman Arkham games for the calendar man dates.  Like SF-SG has said most games will run an internal playtime clock for trophies that track time played

What if we talk about an online game during Winter/summer time change?

51 minutes ago, pyrotempestwing said:

While I kinda agree, I believe this site allows it.

it's allowed, long as there isn't any outside factors manipulating the trophy times etc or trophy's appearing as they shouldn't.

I'm probably misunderstanding the original point but if you, for example, earn a trophy at 10pm and then manually set the clock on your PS3 back an hour, the timestamp will show locally as 9pm. Same thing with daylight savings, all timestamps will go back / on an hour when it switches over.

Not sure what if anything happens with the timestamps on here though! :P

Edited by jimbob12345678

@REAPER4536 I think you misunderstand how the clock on consoles work. If a trophy says play the game for 10 hours, you can't skip forward 10 hours by changing the clock and get that trophy. The game will actually have to run for 10 hours. The date you can set on the console is just a display clock, not the internal system clock. The internal system clock doesn't have "daylight saving", the display clock is just adjusted for this. Yes, certain trophies will want to have you play on specific days, and this looks at your display clock.

Changing your display clock is not cheating and you won't be detected as such when you do so either. It doesn't affect the timestamps.

Edited by MMDE

[...]

Things that are not flaggable:

[...]

System Clock - In cases where games such as LittleBigPlanet have trophies relied on your system clock where you can simply get the trophy by moving the clock or date forward then relaunch the game to get the trophy. 

[...]

Quoted from

See above link for more info about what is considered cheating on PSNProfiles.

However you should decide on your own, if you think it's cheating. Personally I wouldn't change my clock to earn a trophy. In your specific case though it's not possible to get the trophy 1 hour earlier due to summer/winter-time (the internal clock runs most likely in UTC) as many already stated.

Edited by woggly4

On 8.8.2017 at 7:38 PM, MMDE said:

@REAPER4536 I think you misunderstand how the clock on consoles work. If a trophy says play the game for 10 hours, you can't skip forward 10 hours by changing the clock and get that trophy. The game will actually have to run for 10 hours. The date you can set on the console is just a display clock, not the internal system clock. The internal system clock doesn't have "daylight saving", the display clock is just adjusted for this. Yes, certain trophies will want to have you play on specific days, and this looks at your display clock.

Changing your display clock is not cheating and you won't be detected as such when you do so either. It doesn't affect the timestamps.

I'm not talking about changing the system clock, all clocks Change during summer and winter time at least im my country. The duration while I'm playing the game will still be 10 hours in total but the Playstation Network will say that I have just played from e.g. 10PM-7AM -> this website will say I only played 9 Hours. And if this trophy would be a MP trophy like play 10 hours online ( and all other trophie could be done online too in that time) than this website could might spot me as cheater.

So my final question is: Does this website also calculate Summer/Wintertime?

1 hour ago, REAPER4536 said:

I'm not talking about changing the system clock, all clocks Change during summer and winter time at least im my country. The duration while I'm playing the game will still be 10 hours in total but the Playstation Network will say that I have just played from e.g. 10PM-7AM -> this website will say I only played 9 Hours. And if this trophy would be a MP trophy like play 10 hours online ( and all other trophie could be done online too in that time) than this website could might spot me as cheater.

So my final question is: Does this website also calculate Summer/Wintertime?

Trophy timestamps are seconds from 1st January 1970 UTC. There's no UTC daylight saving. PSNP saves it the same way as PSN, seconds from 1st January 1970 UTC, but delivers you the timestamps based on your PSNP time setting. Set it to UTC to not have any daylight saving. :) I've done this, so I don't get any of that messed up. The normal "time between trophies" when ordered by date also calculates the right amount of time regardless of daylight saving.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1