Are there still easy levelling up methods ?

Cellcrash1991

I'm 146 hours playing this game so far. I'm 1 trophy away for earning the platinum trophy, the one for reaching Level 50. However, I'm still only Level 38, and it's going slowly. I can't even think about how long it will take to reach Level 78 to encouter the Legendary dragon in the DLC. ? I've searched for a few methods for fast levelling but some say that some glitches still work, others say they are all patched. So I was wondering if there are still any "glitches" available for fast leveling up. Btw, I'm playing on the PS3.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Cellcrash1991

I'm not sure if it's the quickest but the most consistently fast is to just beat the crap out of shadowmere, if you still have him anyways. He's essentially invincible and lets you level up skills. Just make sure he's healing faster then you're hurting him.

Obviously you can't do lock picking and stuff but you can just keep resetting whatever skill you use.

Edited by KingGuy420

Put the game on legendary mode in the settings and stab one of the grey beards in the back while crouched to level up your stealth. This method can get you leveled to 78 for the legendary dragon in about an hour and a half. Just remember to quick save every 10 to 15 levels because one of the other grey beards could spot you and kill you. Here's a video link to the method. 

• Like 1

You could also start a new game and use the glitch at the beginning to attack the Nord you escape with over and over.  I did that on a new game, put a bunch of points into one handing and continued the main quest until you defeat your first dragon.  Grab a follower and head to a tower to the south east of the map by Riften and a Legendary will always spawn there.  I got both of those trophies that way because it takes a while with Shadowmare because he moves too much.  The guy in the beginning you can trap against a wall and sneak attack on him all day

1 hour ago, AydenBonnette said:

Put the game on legendary mode in the settings and stab one of the grey beards in the back while crouched to level up your stealth. This method can get you leveled to 78 for the legendary dragon in about an hour and a half. Just remember to quick save every 10 to 15 levels because one of the other grey beards could spot you and kill you.

50 minutes ago, Soneto said:

Casting the Muffle spell in Illusion on yourself over and over will level you up quickly. I'm currently doing that on the PS3 version. Level 68 currently 

I will give these a try, I didn't know about this. But I was never interested in Illusion spells anyway, so that one's still at 15-20.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

If you have the unpatched version (regular edition, not the GOTY edition) you could use the Oghma Infinium trick to level up 10 levels per time. That makes it easy to reach the lvl cap, which I believe is 82 :hmm: .

I have the regular edition, not the GOTY or the Legendary Edition, so that's already positive. But when I started the game I've downloaded all the patches, wich means I can't delete patches and use my current save file. Or am I looking at this the wrong way ?

1 hour ago, Sypher-KoS said:

You could also start a new game and use the glitch at the beginning to attack the Nord you escape with over and over.  I did that on a new game, put a bunch of points into one handing and continued the main quest until you defeat your first dragon.  Grab a follower and head to a tower to the south east of the map by Riften and a Legendary will always spawn there.  I got both of those trophies that way because it takes a while with Shadowmare because he moves too much.  The guy in the beginning you can trap against a wall and sneak attack on him all day

Doesn't that take like.. forever ? :P 

7 hours ago, Cellcrash1991 said:

I have the regular edition, not the GOTY or the Legendary Edition, so that's already positive. But when I started the game I've downloaded all the patches, wich means I can't delete patches and use my current save file. Or am I looking at this the wrong way ?

If you have a physical copy, the patches are stored separately. I can't remember the exact name of the folder, but from the menu where you start the game, go all the way up. If you have a digital edition, then you have to delete the game to delete the patches.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

If you have a physical copy, the patches are stored separately. I can't remember the exact name of the folder, but from the menu where you start the game, go all the way up. If you have a digital edition, then you have to delete the game to delete the patches.

It's what I feared. My save file was created with all the patches, so I can't use that file without the patches. But it's good to know about this, so I can do the rest of the DLC trophies, and then delete the patches again and use that Oghma Infinium glitch with the bookshelves on a new character. Or I might start casting spells from now on to see where I will end. :P 

Thanks for the tips everyone! :) 

2 hours ago, Cellcrash1991 said:

It's what I feared. My save file was created with all the patches, so I can't use that file without the patches. But it's good to know about this, so I can do the rest of the DLC trophies, and then delete the patches again and use that Oghma Infinium glitch with the bookshelves on a new character. Or I might start casting spells from now on to see where I will end. :P 

Thanks for the tips everyone! :) 

Do keep in mind that you need to complete every other deadra quest before you can do the quest to obtain Oghma Infinium. IIRC some deadra quests have level requirements, so your new character will need to level up. I also remember crafting iron daggers being a good way to quickly level up smithing.

This method worked great for me, I got about 35 levels in 10 minutes. You can also ignore the DLC in the video, you can use the restoration loop to make yourself an item which gives you massive magicka and it'll have the same effect. Fast travelling from Riften to Solitude will max out your alteration every time.

Edited by ThePhatMatt
  • Like 1

you can use this it lets you level pretty quick and if u put really rare stuff in his pockets it helps move it faster and once you max out your pick pocket just reset it and start from scratch takes about 2-3 hours there abouts if i remember right to go from like level 5 to i thk i got to 80 or 90 i forget it gets slow twards the end but not too slow just never put so much in him when ur pick pocket is low that is says u have 0% but 1% is fine and he will always let you retry he dosnt "catch you" but i advise saving every so often just in case a guard gets nosey they usually dont tho

There are a number of ways to level up fast, most of them covered here. Pickpocketing is by far the most reliable, as it only takes 2-3000 gold to make it. It also happens to be one of the least useful, so its a handy one to legendary over and over without losing any significant perks. Combining it with a Pickpocket trainer and then robbing them makes it an even faster exercise.

The best ones to use for leveling are the non-combat ones, including Smithing and Enchanting, as well as Alteration, but by far the best is the fortify restoration glitch and just making super-powered potions that level your skill in one potion. The rather obvious reason you should not use your primary weapon skill for leveling is that you will lose the effectiveness of it, and they are not that easy to re-level even with exploits. Smithing and Enchanting require abundant resources, though the possible riches through iron daggers enchanted with banishment can soften the blow. Alteration requires magicka, but enough items that reduce its cost to zero mean it can be done much faster, though it still requires large crowds that are only available during the day to move quickly.

Level 50 should not be hard, as long as you use most of your skills. All magic except Destruction is easy to level up once you have some spells. Wear some light and some heavy armour, or one and then the other. Use sneak, and try to use two damage skills, one ranged (archery or destruction), and one melee (one or two-handed), and use a sword and shield rather than dual-wielding. Dabble in all the crafting; alchemy, enchanting, smithing. A bit of everything will see you reach level 50 in no time, it isn't a hard thing to achieve.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I used a illusion trick, although it requires one to be quite high level to pull off, not something one can do from scratch. I suppose it's more useful for those who have completed the main story and factions, assuming one do all of that with one character. By then you should be fairly high level, but still not high enough to encounter a legendary dragon.

It requires quite a lot of magicka, or some magicka and magicka enhancing gear, I believe around 400 should do. Level illusion up to 100 by casting Muffle (which shouldn't take too long with high magicka), go to the College in Winterhold and complete the short quest to access master illusion spells, buy Harmony, go to a town square (i.e. Whiterun) and cast it repeatedly. 8-10 casts should level you from 15-100. Once you've bought the spell, and assuming you have enough magicka to cast it at illusion level 15, it's just a matter of minutes to level from 50-78.

The best way to level is enchanting a ring with Alteration spells cast 100% less to cast, and using detect life in the middle of Whiterun. For an easy time, you can gather the ingredients early game and dupe them. This will make leveling your alchemy early very easy. Once at 100, and taken the appropriate perks... enchant a set of fortify alchemy gear, then wear it and make a fortify enchanting potion, then drink that and make a new set of alchemy gear, and repeat until you have massive % alchemy gear.

You can dupe in Whiterun, using the front gate.. drop your items 1 at a time, direct follower to pick them up - zone out and back in, check their inventory, and repeat.

Makes getting money really easy, too, as your potions will be worth millions when you create them wearing your new alchemy gear. Now your enchants will give you free casting and insane damage or mitigation. You can also make fortify smithing potions, and wear gear enchanted with fortify smithing to enhance your upgrades by tons of %, creating super epic 1 shot kill anything weaponry, and god mode armors.

Edited by usrmd

I cant believe no one here has mentioned the obvious yet. once you prepped for this you can go to level 250 in just 1,5 hours (assuming u were already around lvl 30, not that it matters much)
I have over 2000 hours of Skyrim experience, 1300 of those are on ps. use This video but instead you just wanna make one enchantment that throws ur fortify alchemy through the roof. than just make random potions and make your alchemy go legendary. to go legendary you needed a DLC, can't recall which one but all the DLCs in this game are 100% worth it.

fair warning though:
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT DRINK OR SELL THE POTIONS.
if u try to sell them ur PS might crash on you due to the high value and the game can't handle that well. Personally, i had a 600 hour argonian save. and i accidentally drank some of those buffed potions and saved over it *facepalm*. Now i cant regen stamina for 15.7 real time years. YES, thats in real time, not game time.

EDIT: nevermind, some people did mention the potion glitch

Edited by gamesfourever

• 2 months later...
On 28.8.2017 at 1:32 AM, gamesfourever said:

I cant believe no one here has mentioned the obvious yet. once you prepped for this you can go to level 250 in just 1,5 hours (assuming u were already around lvl 30, not that it matters much)
I have over 2000 hours of Skyrim experience, 1300 of those are on ps. use This video but instead you just wanna make one enchantment that throws ur fortify alchemy through the roof. than just make random potions and make your alchemy go legendary. to go legendary you needed a DLC, can't recall which one but all the DLCs in this game are 100% worth it.

I abused this myself after the game was released. However, this has long been patched and can only been done if you play the vanilla first release. Here's a picture I took years ago. The enchantments on the ring increase Light Armor and Sneaking.

schnappschuss058uxu8s.jpg

Edited by Sargon

Oh boy, the memories of grinding in the last stretch to make a Legendary Dragon spawn.

What I used to 100% the Special Edition for PS4 (and the Xbox 360 version too, 3 years ago!) was power-leveling the combo Alteration/Smithing and also rely on a bit of Illusion. Here's what I did:

1. Get some equipment with enchantment that can allow you to cast magic for free (or almost)
  2. Get the spell "Transmute Mineral Ore"
  3. Hoard as many iron ores and gemstones as possible; either from dungeons or shops
  4. Use "Transmute Mineral Ore" to change all of your iron ores into silver ores, and into gold ores (ALTERATION will level up)
  5. Go to a smithing station and create jewels. The higher the value, the better the XP (SMITHING will level up)
  6. Go sell these jewels to get some money back (it will also level up SPEECH a bit)
  7. While you explore towns/dungeons, you should randomly cast "Muffle" (Illusion spell). I found out that a few casts really grant you a lot of XP for your Illusion skill, but not so much on the last levels. (ILLUSION will level up)

Like many said, try to not forget to reset any skill you've already maxed out as it can really help you grind levels faster.

Not the most fun way to gain levels, mind you, but I found this method to be really helpful when you just wanna do dumb XP farming.

I hope this can help you in your grinding journey ;-)

Edited by omarbanzai
typo

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2017 at 7:32 PM, gamesfourever said:

I have over 2000 hours of Skyrim experience, 1300 of those are on ps. use This video but instead you just wanna make one enchantment that throws ur fortify alchemy through the roof. than just make random potions and make your alchemy go legendary.

I leveled using alchemy without this glitch. Just make the valuable three-ingredient potions then sell them, you level alchemy and persuasion and gain funds.

With the homestead DLC I would get the homestead with the fish hatchery, do the greenhouse portion as well, and periodically visit to pick my garden and fish and store them. Then go and quest and pick up stuff and store it at the house when you go back to pick your garden again. 

When you have a bunch of stuff, do your alchemy prioritizing the valuable ones based on your ingredients. There are apps and websites that can help with that. One example:

http://www.garralab.com/skyrim/alchemy.php

Then just reset it once you max it out, and repeat. 

No bugs required. 

6 hours ago, Kurorac said:

I have the GOTY Edition for PS3 and have to bring my smithing up to 80 for Stahlrim Crafter (DLC).

Is there an efficient way to do this?

try combining it with the heartfire trophies, they involve lots of iron smithing to complete your houses.

if you're done, just buy lots of iron bars and keep doing the same but sell teh material instead. iron is very cheap, it goes slow, but if you buy bulk, it should be going fairly quickly anyway. if you feel like burning money, you could buy higher material too of course

• Like 1