The 13 Plats of Halloween

I'd totally be up for this! :D 

I have a few games I've been saving for Halloween so it would be great to post them on here and actually have a reason to do them for Halloween this year rather than just saying I'll leave them for next year!

I'll have a look at my games later and let you know if I've got 13 saved up!

By the way, great idea for an event! :yay:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I'd totally be up for this! :D 

I have a few games I've been saving for Halloween so it would be great to post them on here and actually have a reason to do them for Halloween this year rather than just saying I'll leave them for next year!

I'll have a look at my games later and let you know if I've got 13 saved up!

By the way, great idea for an event! :yay:

That will be great! Hope you have enough.

18 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

There's gonna be a friday the thirteenth this october. Maybe you could try to get a horror plat a day from friday the thirteenth until halloween.

I'd be interested in doing this, but I have to be realistic about my time. 

12 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Great idea @Toogie53, I will be up for this. Will finally give me an excuse to do Saw and Saw 2 1f600.png

Didn't know those existed. Are they good?

11 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

My gf and I have about 50 saved for this Halloween. Not sure how many of the games are horror though. We have at least 4 of the ones off your list.

The games don't need to be horror specifically. Deadly Tower of Monsters from my list is a comedic one that has 1950s movie vibes. 

Edited by Toogie53
Typos! (I suck ok?!)

23 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

That will be great! Hope you have enough.

I'd be interested in doing this, but I have to be realistic about my time. 

Didn't know those existed. Are they good?

The games don't need to be horror specifically. Deadly Tower of Monsters from my list is a comedic one that has 1950s movie vibes. 

Good luck on the event :)

As for the Saw games I only played the first one and I enjoyed it for the most part. I know a lot of people hated the game but I found it functional and had a good time playing it.

• Like 1

This is pretty cool. I'll have to see closer to the start date if I'll have the time for it, but I'm definitely interested in participating. My list would probably be:

1. Evil Within + DLC

2. Resident Evil HD

3. Resident Evil 0 HD

4. Resident Evil 7

5. Until Dawn

6. Silent Hill 2

7. Metro 2033

8. Outlast

9. Dying Light

10. Thinking about picking up Evil Within 2, which releases on October 13th, but that might be a tough one to plat in a little over two weeks.

Sounds like fun! I have a few horror games in my backlog that have been waiting for me to finish their lists, so I'll join ya~

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Lone Survivor

Layers of Fear

Grim Fandango

Day of the Tentacle

White Day

Zero Time Dilemma (does that count? I think it counts)

...and that's all the horror games I have in mind right now. I'll add some more if I can think of some/buy some in like a sale or something.

Edited by ShakeNBake663
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

This is pretty cool. I'll have to see closer to the start date if I'll have the time for it, but I'm definitely interested in participating. My list would probably be:

1. Evil Within + DLC

2. Resident Evil HD

3. Resident Evil 0 HD

4. Resident Evil 7

5. Until Dawn

6. Silent Hill 2

7. Metro 2033

8. Outlast

9. Dying Light

10. Thinking about picking up Evil Within 2, which releases on October 13th, but that might be a tough one to plat in a little over two weeks.

That's a nice looking list for sure. I'm personally nervous about The Evil Within. Akumu mode sounds very challenging. I wonder what insane trophies they have come up with for the second one.

3 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Sounds like fun! I have a few horror games in my backlog that have been waiting for me to finish their lists, so I'll join ya~

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Lone Survivor

Layers of Fear

Grim Fandango

Day of the Tentacle

White Day

Zero Time Dilemma (does that count? I think it counts)

...and that's all the horror games I have in mind right now. I'll add some more if I can think of some/buy some in like a sale or something.

I think Zero Time Dilemma should count. It's definitely got a creepy vibe going with it and the plot sounds similar to the Saw movies.

7 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

There's gonna be a friday the thirteenth this october. Maybe you could try to get a horror plat a day from friday the thirteenth until halloween.

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I bet @Dav9834 would love to do that :awesome: .

That..... doesn't bother me..... at alll... 

tenor.gif

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Hey all,

According the community rules, I've not been around long enough to host a sanctioned "Project Platinum" event. Since I can't, I plan on doing my own personal Halloween gaming event. I'm gunning to earn 13 platinums on Halloween-related games between September 1st and October 31st. If anyone is crazy enough about Halloween to take this challenge along with me, I'd really enjoy discussing progress, games, etc. Just post in here and I can gauge interest. I have chosen some shorter/easier games because I want to be realistic about my available time. I'm also completing some secondary goals like cleaning up my completion percentage and catching up on my game backlog so I'll be mostly be playing games I already own vs buying something new like Friday the 13th (I want it so bad though!). I'm going for only games with platinums, but if you want in with games that you can 100% that's good too! I am hoping to squeeze in a couple of 100%s too, like SOMA and Costume Quest 2. If I get an actual group of people doing this, I'll design a badge graphic for those that complete the challenge to add to their signature.

Here are my personal picks (in no particular order):

1.   Hide contents

1. The Last of Us Remastered
    2. The Evil Within
    3. Resident Evil Remastered
    4. Until Dawn
    5. Grim Fandango
    6. Alien: Isolation
    7. Day of the Tentacle
    8. The Deadly Tower of Monsters
    9. Lone Survivor
    10. Amnesia Collection
    11. Goosebumps
    12. Claire
    13. Oxenfree

Is 13 tthe minimum amount of games needed in order to participate and are games that have already been started allowed?

16 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Good luck on the event :)

As for the Saw games I only played the first one and I enjoyed it for the most part. I know a lot of people hated the game but I found it functional and had a good time playing it.

I agree. The first one was enjoyable and only the combat felt really clunky. Haven't played the second one yet either.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

I just seen this trophy list crop up on the main page

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6464-dont-knock-twice

I don't know much about it but it looks like a horror game that people could add to their collection if they take part in this event. I'd love to take part myself but the only horror game in my backlog is Outlast 2 and I am trying to clear my backlog a bit before I buy another game. Perhaps by September, I could maybe find time to purchase Resi 7 and a few other horror games. The PS store often has a sale around that time on horror games which I fully intend on taking advantage of.

8 hours ago, tpepper1985 said:

Really great idea, I have so many horror games in my backlog I want to play. I did Resident Evil HD last year in October and it was great. I just don't think I could manage 13 games in the short window then just don't have enough free hours. 

I fully understand. That's why I selected a couple games like Goosebumps. From my understanding, that one is roughly a three hour platinum. 

7 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Is 13 tthe minimum amount of games needed in order to participate and are games that have already been started allowed?

I do want the rule of 13 to be strict. However, I don't mind if you've already started games. I mentioned that I'm cleaning up some things in my trophy list with my choices. I've played through Alien: Isolation and that is ~60-70% complete and I'm planning to finish it off as one of my thirteen. 

2 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

I just seen this trophy list crop up on the main page

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6464-dont-knock-twice

I don't know much about it but it looks like a horror game that people could add to their collection if they take part in this event. I'd love to take part myself but the only horror game in my backlog is Outlast 2 and I am trying to clear my backlog a bit before I buy another game. Perhaps by September, I could maybe find time to purchase Resi 7 and a few other horror games. The PS store often has a sale around that time on horror games which I fully intend on taking advantage of.

I'm doing the same thing with my backlog, i just happen to have a lot of games that fit the bill. 

Okay so I've had a look at my games and I've only got about 11 Halloween games and even then I'm not sure if a couple are suitable so looks like I'm going to have to past on this event! But I want to wish everyone who participates the best of luck and I hope you all get a good scare while playing! :P

47 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I do want the rule of 13 to be strict. However, I don't mind if you've already started games. I mentioned that I'm cleaning up some things in my trophy list with my choices. I've played through Alien: Isolation and that is ~60-70% complete and I'm planning to finish it off as one of my thirteen.

Fair enough. I'll probably pass then as I don't know how much free time I'll have and 13 plats in 2 months is a bit too ambitious for me :lol:.

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Okay so I've had a look at my games and I've only got about 11 Halloween games and even then I'm not sure if a couple are suitable so looks like I'm going to have to past on this event! But I want to wish everyone who participates the best of luck and I hope you all get a good scare while playing! :P

Aww. That's too bad. I see your Candy Rain 2016 badge though. I bet there's a 2017 version that will work for you coming up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Aww. That's too bad. I see your Candy Rain 2016 badge though. I bet there's a 2017 version that will work for you coming up. 

Yeah I hope there is one this year as well as I enjoyed the one last year! :) I hope you have fun with the event! 

If I was to participate in this challenge (depending on my work schedule), my list would probably consist of any horror-esque games I've yet to finish.

My list sorted by percentage:

1. Limbo
  2. Metro 2033 Redux
  3. Metro: Last Light Redux
  4. Dark Souls III
  5. Resident Evil 0 HD
  6. Corpse Party: Blood Drive
  7. Demon's Souls
  8. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
  9. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
  10. The Last of Us Remastered
  11. The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  12. Resident Evil HD
  13. Slain: Back From Hell

3 minutes ago, Boss_Kowbel said:

If I was to participate in this challenge (depending on my work schedule), my list would probably consist of any horror-esque games I've yet to finish.

My list sorted by percentage:

1. Limbo
  2. Metro 2033 Redux
  3. Metro: Last Light Redux
  4. Dark Souls III
  5. Resident Evil 0 HD
  6. Corpse Party: Blood Drive
  7. Demon's Souls
  8. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
  9. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
  10. The Last of Us Remastered
  11. The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  12. Resident Evil HD
  13. Slain: Back From Hell

Oh good list! Slain is on sale for like $5 right now. It's really tempting me to break my vow to not buy any more games until I've worked on my backlog a bit.