The 13 Plats of Halloween

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Hey guys. So.. I'm making the badges and it just didn't come out as cool looking as I had hoped with the PS Shapes logo in it. I tried adding a bold number 13 and I like that better but I wanted to get your opinions. I also thought about putting the platinum trophy shape on it, let me know if you're interested in that. I think my current favorite is the one with the yellow numbers. I could play with the shapes logo more too and put the official colors into the stitches or cut out the interior shapes. I'd say it's like 80% done. I plan to improve the textures a bit more to make it look more like thread.

Badge1.pngBadge2.pngBadge3.png

These all look really good! :D I can't wait to have one of those in my signature! My favourite ones are the first and third ones as I love the PS Shapes and the bold number 13 you've done! I'm happy with whatever you end up going with anyway! :P 

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Thanks for the new releases, @ShakeNBake663! It's useful to see what other people are playing, as there's no easy way to find all of the Halloween-themed games, aside from a top 10 list.

Does anybody know any spooky games with a decent plat image or name? It might be useful if somebody wants to lock in one of these games as a milestone. I might even consider it for #100, if I can earn an additional 10 platinums before October 31.

I like Resident Evil Revelations 2 "The Never-Ending Nightmare" plat, if you could plat that on october 31 it would be the coolest thing ever, also if you manage to make it a milestone ?

5 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Hey guys. So.. I'm making the badges and it just didn't come out as cool looking as I had hoped with the PS Shapes logo in it. I tried adding a bold number 13 and I like that better but I wanted to get your opinions. I also thought about putting the platinum trophy shape on it, let me know if you're interested in that. I think my current favorite is the one with the yellow numbers. I could play with the shapes logo more too and put the official colors into the stitches or cut out the interior shapes. I'd say it's like 80% done. I plan to improve the textures a bit more to make it look more like thread.

Badge1.pngBadge2.pngBadge3.png

They all look pretty good! and yeah you could add one plat to the background (i guess) of one badge, it could be for the highest rank ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Hey there. I'm glad I decided to loosen up my rules a bit because at first it was kind of hardcore. But I'd rather have more people involved. I'll get you added to the who's in section. I've platinumed Murder: Soul Suspect already myself. It was one of my first PS4 games but I had to replay it again recently to get collectibles. I'd recommend a guide because some of the wall scribble collectibles feel impossible otherwise. . 

Yeah, the tier system is better for everyone and I'm sure you're getting more people for the event now than you would have with the original plan. Thank you for the advice on the game though, I'll look into that. 

Also like everyone else is saying, I like the yellow pumpkin badge the most too, it looks really nice.

Thanks for the feedback. I think incorporating the yellow is the best idea. I'm curious how the silhouette of the platinum trophy will look and I'll also try the PSN shapes logo with yellow interiors in the shapes and see if that improves it. I'll decide from there. Other than some improvement to the texture I think I am close to the final product, so I hope you all will enjoy having this particular badge. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

Yeah, the tier system is better for everyone and I'm sure you're getting more people for the event now than you would have with the original plan. Thank you for the advice on the game though, I'll look into that. 

Also like everyone else is saying, I like the yellow pumpkin badge the most too, it looks really nice.

We have 13 people right now, which seems pretty cool for the theme.

Also, for Murdered, if you're against using a guide for spoiler reasons, I can tell you there's only one specific location you get locked out of after you leave that has collectibles. The rest can all be done after you make it through the story and free roam around. Let me know if you want to know just about those specific collectibles, so you don't need a second play through. 

Just now, Psy-Tychist said:

Fair enough, list incoming.

Also, is the plan to Plat on Halloween all games, or just through the period?

Just throughout the time period. I'm personally trying to get my 13th on Halloween night but there's no specific requirements around that. 

Saw this topic and it piqued my interest. Enjoy many aspects of Halloween, so I figured I might as well make this my inaugural step into the forums. 

List is a quick rundown of my initial choices with a final set pending:

1- South Park: Stick of Truth - between the zombie Nazis  (Nazi zombies?) and playing dress up as part of the trophy list, I figure this a perfect off-beat choice. Enjoyed first play thru and will use this as a push to Plat it.

2- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - another game in progress. This Plat would be on the ambitious side, but I love this genre so I think I can sneak a hardcore run in. Also, a bit of a stretch. Likely won't hit 100% with the new DLC, is that a problem?

3- Lone Survivor - More standard survivor horror fare. Saw it on some lists and saw it looked fun. Also, on PSNow. Shorter Plat.

4- Dying: Reborn - picked it during the flash sale as it looked like campy horror fun. Also, more standard fare and easy Plat.

5- Goosebumps - shameless add due to it being PSNow.

I will keep an eye out on other lists for ideas. Never been into Resident Evil type games, but this theme really allows for some variety.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Saw this topic and it piqued my interest. Enjoy many aspects of Halloween, so I figured I might as well make this my inaugural step into the forums. 

List is a quick rundown of my initial choices with a final set pending:

1- South Park: Stick of Truth - between the zombie Nazis  (Nazi zombies?) and playing dress up as part of the trophy list, I figure this a perfect off-beat choice. Enjoyed first play thru and will use this as a push to Plat it.

2- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - another game in progress. This Plat would be on the ambitious side, but I love this genre so I think I can sneak a hardcore run in. Also, a bit of a stretch. Likely won't hit 100% with the new DLC, is that a problem?

3- Lone Survivor - More standard survivor horror fare. Saw it on some lists and saw it looked fun. Also, on PSNow. Shorter Plat.

4- Dying: Reborn - picked it during the flash sale as it looked like campy horror fun. Also, more standard fare and easy Plat.

5- Goosebumps - shameless add due to it being PSNow.

I will keep an eye out on other lists for ideas. Never been into Resident Evil type games, but this theme really allows for some variety.

Aww man. I'm jealous of your South Park choice. Im tempted into buying a PS3 just for that specific game. I'm counting 100% or platinum so Diablo 3's base game should be fine. I also have your last 3 on my personal list. I feel you just got to be realistic about time. I'm not going to be able to plat 13 AAA games so some shorter titles are totally part of the plan so I can still hit my goal of 13. 

11 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I think incorporating the yellow is the best idea. I'm curious how the silhouette of the platinum trophy will look and I'll also try the PSN shapes logo with yellow interiors in the shapes and see if that improves it. I'll decide from there. Other than some improvement to the texture I think I am close to the final product, so I hope you all will enjoy having this particular badge. 

I finished. After experimenting with the different ideas, the yellow 13 still ended up being my favorite. I improved the look of the textures a bit and overall I'm satisfied but still admit it looked a little cooler in my head than I managed to get out of the final product. Anyway, I feel good about the result and I hope you all like it and that other people get jealous when you feature this sweet piece of flash in your signature. 

At the end of this event, you get a non watermarked or clipped off version. I just did those things to discourage people from borrowing it for other things. I'll give you a copy with just the badge and one with your username for each color variation you earn and from there you can use this however you like. I plan to customize the border color based on how many games you competed, but I actually really like the orange base tier coloring and I might use that one in my signature regardless of the trophy count I get personally. I can export it to whatever size you want but as it gets bigger it starts to show some of the tricks I used to get the texture. It will still be sharp and non-pixelated even if you request it huge. However, I'm guessing most of you will want it about the size that it already is for your signatures and that's about it.

nb0I5WS.pngUntitled.png

EDIT: SON OF A B^%$!!! I closed without saving so I'll have to redo some of the work from tonight. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 3

I'm swapping Dying Reborn into my list. It's kind of an "scary" hidden puzzle escape room type game. Gives a little bit of Saw vibes but there's not much tension and the voice acting is pretty bad. My daughter started it on my Vita and then I messed around with it last night a little bit. Saving the rest for this weekend when this event officially starts. 

22 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Aww man. I'm jealous of your South Park choice. Im tempted into buying a PS3 just for that specific game. I'm counting 100% or platinum so Diablo 3's base game should be fine. I also have your last 3 on my personal list. I feel you just got to be realistic about time. I'm not going to be able to plat 13 AAA games so some shorter titles are totally part of the plan so I can still hit my goal of 13. 

No need for a PS3, if you pre-order the new one: Fractured But Whole. I imagine it Stick of Truth will be part of the store after that. Really fun game with tons of fan service.

Giving a bit more thought and looking at trophy count, I think I will gun for the South Park plat to be trophy #1337. The math should work if I get some of it done on it a bit upfront.

Also, an updated list with some ideas from other lists and what I have available:

1) South Park: Stick of Truth

2) Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

3) Lone Survivor

4) Dying: Reborn

5) Goosebumps

6) Kholat

7) Murdered: Soul Suspect

8) Grim Fandango

Hope I can find 5 more decent options to add by the end.  New sale is up for the week, not many options but a couple stand out as possibilities.

Just in case it helps someone find a new addition to their lists, the NA PS+ Special Sale includes: 

Perception (PS4): Looks unique, but it appears the trophies are so glitchy the plat is unobtainable at the moment, hopefully the dev patches it soon. 

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide (PS4): FPS, co-op fare, seems to be on the very high end of difficulty for the plat.

Elsewhere there seems to be deals on (these appear on the deals page for me, YMMV)

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today (PS4): A bleak point and click game

The Town of Light: Psychological thriller, walking sim. Even the trailer carries a disclaimer cautioning against the subject matter.

Edited by blu3st4rdust305
  • Like 1

WOOOOO! This starts in a handful of hours. I'm excited. I've been eagerly awaiting playing these games for a while now. I've got the lot of them pre-installed and I'm rearing to go. People can still join now but I'm cutting it off in the morning. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 4

Can I sneak in with a last-minute entry? It's still August where I am.

1. Costume Quest 2
  2. The Walking Dead: Michonne
  3. Severed

I'm tentative about White Day...I'll be playing it, but I'm not ready to commit to platting it by the end of October. I'll come back and add more games as I dig through my backlog, though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GlennRhee said:

Can I sneak in with a last-minute entry? It's still August where I am.

1. Costume Quest 2
  2. The Walking Dead: Michonne
  3. Severed

I'm tentative about White Day...I'll be playing it, but I'm not ready to commit to platting it by the end of October. I'll come back and add more games as I dig through my backlog, though.

That's how I feel too. I have like five or six games I want to do for sure, but I might swap out the others with shorter/easier games, depending on how quickly Halloween creeps up on us.

Welp, I finished Destroy All Humans! 2, 24 minutes before midnight and just in time to start the event. ;) 

I am going to be away for a week but I will still be able to do some gaming. Also, I (think) I'll be starting my new job in the next 2 weeks (not 100% on that yet) but I will do my best to finish 13 games by the end of the event. Would be nice to have that sweet ass (platinum) badge in my sig!??

• Like 1

Just now, xMissFantasy said:

Welp, I finished Destroy All Humans! 2, 24 minutes before midnight and just in time to start the event. ;) 

I am going to be away for a week but I will still be able to do some gaming. Also, I (think) I'll be starting my new job in the next 2 weeks (not 100% on that yet) but I will do my best to finish 13 games by the end of the event. Would be nice to have that sweet ass (platinum) badge in my sig!1f601.png1f60d.png

Nice job! I just finished (beat the game, not the platinum) Crash Bandicoot, with 16 minutes to spare.

Hope everybody has their first game selected!

• Like 1

Hey if it's not to late to join, I really like this idea. I'd love to get in on this.

off the top of my head I've always wanted to try Cotume Quest and Costume Quest 2 but never got around to getting them. Same with the two SAW games because I love those movies. Those 4 would be my jumping off point and I bet I could easily come up with another nine games before Halloween.

is it too late to get in?

Wow it's the first of September already!? :o August went by fast! I'm so excited for this event! :lol: I'm going to make a start on my games then but I think what I'll do is play the story in each of them first, as I don't want to miss out on any games this year as that always happens to me, and then I'll go back and platinum them!