Pirate Queen's Quest

Xugashi

21 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

So when is this DLC getting released? And does anybody know if it will be for free?:D

On the Kickstarter page, they updated last on Jun 12th, saying they were aiming for a July/August release, so it'll probably come this month, but no definite word. As for being free, it'll only be free for those who backed the game, and everyone else will have to pay something for it, as they say it's a "Premium DLC Pack"

Edit: Huh, just saw the trophy list for the DLC was released. I wonder if we'll get a surprise and it'll be released tomorrow, haha. Wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

On the Kickstarter page, they updated last on Jun 12th, saying they were aiming for a July/August release, so it'll probably come this month, but no definite word. As for being free, it'll only be free for those who backed the game, and everyone else will have to pay something for it, as they say it's a "Premium DLC Pack"

Edit: Huh, just saw the trophy list for the DLC was released. I wonder if we'll get a surprise and it'll be released tomorrow, haha. Wishful thinking on my part.

Yeah when I started up my PS4 an update file was found for Shantae, and then I checked my trophies and I saw newly added trophies for the game. Naturally I got curious and checked the store for any potential DLC but nothing was found! :/ Which is why I made this thread! :P

9 hours ago, Xugashi said:

Yeah when I started up my PS4 an update file was found for Shantae, and then I checked my trophies and I saw newly added trophies for the game. Naturally I got curious and checked the store for any potential DLC but nothing was found! :/ Which is why I made this thread! :P

Huh, I didn't get the notification for the update until I just put the game in and started it up. The reason you didn't find anything is because the store hasn't update yet, it should today, I believe, so I'll have to keep my eye on it and see if the DLC gets a sneaky release.

6 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Huh, I didn't get the notification for the update until I just put the game in and started it up. The reason you didn't find anything is because the store hasn't update yet, it should today, I believe, so I'll have to keep my eye on it and see if the DLC gets a sneaky release.

Its a PS4 thing, not sure if it can be fixed in the settings but games that get further down the last played list do not update until you load it up again,
Vita updates are mostly manual and require you to click the update icon half the time.

12 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Its a PS4 thing, not sure if it can be fixed in the settings but games that get further down the last played list do not update until you load it up again,
Vita updates are mostly manual and require you to click the update icon half the time.

Alright, thanks for letting me know, I'll check the settings to see if I can change anything.

Edit: Doesn't look like it. I already have updated set to be automatic, so I guess if the applications do fall back a bit, I'll have to load them up to update.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

Well, the Kickstarter updated and has said the DLC is complete and been submitted to Steam, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. Backers will be able to play it before it's released to the public. Still no word on when exactly, but I imagine before the end of the month. They also said the Tinkerbat DLC is complete and the qualifying backers will get their codes this week. They go on to say it's exclusive to backers, but they may release it at a later time to the general public. Color Swaps + Drifter Blade DLC is also complete, and the Friends Mode DLC, featuring Bolo, Sky, and Rottytops is about halfway done.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2017 at 10:57 PM, TheFinalEmblem said:

Well, the Kickstarter updated and has said the DLC is complete and been submitted to Steam, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. Backers will be able to play it before it's released to the public. Still no word on when exactly, but I imagine before the end of the month. They also said the Tinkerbat DLC is complete and the qualifying backers will get their codes this week. They go on to say it's exclusive to backers, but they may release it at a later time to the general public. Color Swaps + Drifter Blade DLC is also complete, and the Friends Mode DLC, featuring Bolo, Sky, and Rottytops is about halfway done.

Wait, so we are getting more delicious DLC in the future!? :P

8 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

Sometimes dlcs have compatability issues on certain platforms that are ironed out in a 1-2 day delayed release but yeah, you're probably right

Really? Never heard that before. But it seems like WayForward is really good about testing and stuff, and they submitted it to all the companies at the same time, so it probably got through them all no problem.

3 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Really? Never heard that before. But it seems like WayForward is really good about testing and stuff, and they submitted it to all the companies at the same time, so it probably got through them all no problem.

You're right. WayForward has always given quality content and thus will be no exception