What are Your Current PS4 Must Haves?

A1-Franksauce

for me I would say:

Darksiders 1&2

Akiba's Trip Undead and Undressed

Witcher 3 Complete Edition

Shadow or Mordor Game of the Year Edition (and i am not even a LotR fan)

Resident Evil Origins collection

Nier Automata

Dead Rising 1

Now if only Bamco would do PS4 port of Ace Combat 6 and bring the Tales of Destiny Director's Cut stateside.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

2 minutes ago, Ibracademy69 said:

cant tell if srs

Number 1 is 7.55 on PSN right now. 7.55 for hours upon hours of Crash Bandicoot cosplaying as Iron Man in a suit made out of Toblerone pieces is well worth it. Must have.

I'm not kidding though. It's dirt cheap, and it's severely underrated. It's a genuinely fun game and the second looks to be a shitload better. Knack is really good, and considering it's launch day presence, it's the PS4's first good exclusive* (Killzone underwhelmed the shit out of me personally) and it just didn't deserve the hate it got. Sure it's not perfect, hell, it's kind of outdated as fuck, but that's not the problem, the problem was that it wanted to be full price, something the second entry has already fixed. If Knack dropped for 40 or 50 bucks day one (baring in mind I'm talking prices in a country where the RRP for a new game is 100 bucks, so adjust accordingly) I think it'd have been much better received. 

*first good retail exclusive, Resogun was day one I think and that game was also a really good exclusive, even though it later dropped on PS3 and Vita.

Also there's plenty more must have games on PS4, and I'll probably do a genuine list later if I remember, but I'm just really in the Knack 2 hype at this point. Honestly more keen than I am for Uncharted Lost Legacy, both of which I already have ordered though.

This list deeply saddens me, because most of the games are just remasters, ports, or were also released on PS3...

1. Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
  2. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
  3. FFXIV
  4. Tales of Zestiria
  5. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
  6. Ys Origin
  7. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  8. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
  9. inFamous First Light
  10. Dust: An Elysian Tale
  • Like 2

The only exclusive every PlayStation 4 player absolutely needs to play is P.T..

Otherwise, my favorite games on the system that I could not go without:

• 1001 Spikes
  • Another World
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • Downwell
  • Fez
  • GNOG
  • Inside
  • Journey
  • Limbo
  • Linelight
  • Nidhogg
  • Night in the Woods
  • OctoDad: Dadliest Catch
  • Risk of Rain
  • Road Not Taken
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Spelunky
  • TowerFall
  • Valiant Hearts
  • VVVVVV
  • Wonder Girl: The Dragon's Trap
Edited by Spelunkette
  • Like 2

For me it would be:

1. The Last of Us: Remastered
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Horizon Zero Dawn
  4. Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
  5. Dust: An Elysian Tail
  6. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
  7. Shovel Knight
  8. inFamous Second Son
  9. inFamous First Light
  10. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  11. Fallout 4
  12. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Like 2

I'll add my two cents in the discussion.

I also took the the liberty to have a look at your PSN profile to see which game I could recommend that you haven't played yet.

I also added a commentary for each to help you understand why I'm recommending these games.

So, here's my list:

1. Persona 5 (JRPG): my top pick for game of the year. It's an amazing game, bar none. It's a stylish RPG with a robust gameplay and story that can even hook RPG nonaficionados. I'm currently on my 2nd playthrough to hopefully get the platinum before the end of the year!
  2. Ratchet and Clank (action/platform): this is the game that took me by surprise last year. I wasn't expecting it to be that good. But when I played it, I enjoyed every last bit of it. It's also beautiful with a lot of nice visual effects.
  3. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (3 platform games in 1 remastered collection): I bought it out of nostalgia but I was gladly pleased to play again 3 games that stood the test of time; well, the 1st one still had a lot of bullshit and trial and error moments, but Crash 2 and 3 were great, except for the bike and jet ski levels. The remaster is well made and it has enough replay value with added time trials and other collectables.
  4. Rayman Legends (platform): not an exclusive game to Playstation, but a 2D platform game everyone should have in their library. I stopped caring about Ubisoft games since Assassin's Creed 3, but I was so pleased with Rayman Origins. Naturally, I had to play its sequel. It's oozing with charm and it's just a well made game.
  5. Unravel (platform): with Shovel Knight and Dust: An Elysian Tail, this is among one of the best indie games I've played. It has a cozy feeling with its music and atmosphere that's just unique and rare in the video game industry. I'm also a big fan of the main character.
  6. Tekken 7 (fighting game): a really fun and accessible fighting game. I haven't played Tekken since Tekkeng Tag Tournament 2 and its' good to be back with my man Paul Phoenix. It lacks a bit in terms of content (although not so much like SFV), but it's really fun to play online and with friends.
  7. Injustice 2 (fighting game): I played the first Injustice and while I enjoyed some aspects of it, I had some issues with the game. Thankfully, most of them were solved in the sequel. The game just looks great and it really raises the bar when it comes to cinematic presentation in fighting games. The story mode, while a bit short for my taste, was well done and is noteworthy. It has also some good replay value with the gear system. You're always looking for new stuff to equip your favorite characters with and make them look cooler and/or stronger.
  8. Yakuza 0 (action/adventure): this was my first time with the series and it's one that manages to cleverly balance seriousness in the yakuza world and sillyness in the side quests, without being too inconsistent. Speaking of side quests, there are a lot of them and expect spending a lot of time solving goofy and stupid stuff if you want to complete the game.
  9. God of War III Remastered (action/adventure): a remaster of the original on PS3, but if like me, you jumped from Xbox360 to PS4 and you haven't played yet all of what the PS3 offers, I'd recommend buying this one instead of the PS3 version. Sure, it doesn't add much when compared to GoW3, but the 1080p/60fps gameplay is worth the price of admission. It really enhances the spectacular aspects of the game.
  10. Day of the Tentacle Remastered (point & click): I played some Lucas Art games before (Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Monkey Island...) but this one remains my favorite because I think it's the most goofy one and I really like the characters in it. Plus, it was free on PS plus a few months ago.
Edited by omarbanzai
  • Like 3

1. Tales of Berseria: Great battle system, interesting characters and heavy story. I really liked Velvet as a character, she reminds me of Lightning. 
  2. FFXII TZA: As an FF fan, no FF goes unmissed, even FFXV for all it's worth. I love the world of Ivalice, I really hope they make a comeback
  3. FFX/X-2 HD remaster: My favourite games ever
  4. Nier Automata: Great battle system, visuals, music and story.
  5. Life is Strange: Fantastic and evocative story
  6. Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 and 2.8: I'm a huge fan of the KH series and played all the original games. Best battle system and great characters despite the overly complex story.

Upcoming

Life is strange before the storm

KH3 and FFXV whenever they come out

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...