You can earn "Spring Roll!" without owning the DLC

SlyAceZeta

I just tested this myself and it works. I don't have the DLC The Journey Home, but I just earned the :bronze: Spring Roll! trophy through Community levels. I saw I had 2/100 progress on its related pin, and realized I had used the Springinator in a community level at some point, and wanted to see if the trophy was earnable without the DLC. It indeed is!

The community level I ended up finding to help with this was "Spring with Oddsock (Platformer)". Just get into the Springinator and spring off the ground 100 times for the trophy! You can, of course, use any level that has the Springinator in it to accomplish this task.

LBP2 had some DLC trophies that you could earn even without owning the DLC, so I was surprised to see this was still a thing in LBP3. I hope this was insightful! ?

• Like 2

After reading this post I went and tried it out with my PS4 copy of the game and got the trophy just as advertised.  

However, whenever I went to do this exact same thing on my PS3 copy the My Pins section in the game said I had already accomplished getting the achievement on my PS3 save.  

Both copies have their own trophy list as well as separate saves from each other considering they're on different consoles.  Any reason this would have happened?  It's preventing me from unlocking the trophy now on my PS3 version and I'm bummed out by it.

Edited by MisterMystro

16 minutes ago, MisterMystro said:

After reading this post I went and tried it out with my PS4 copy of the game and got the trophy just as advertised.  

However, whenever I went to do this exact same thing on my PS3 copy the My Pins section in the game said I had already accomplished getting the achievement on my PS3 save.  

Both copies have their own trophy list as well as separate saves from each other considering they're on different consoles.  Any reason this would have happened?  It's preventing me from unlocking the trophy now on my PS3 version and I'm bummed out by it.

This type of thing is a pretty well-known issue with the two versions, although it's mostly been reported in relation to the Popit Academy trophies (i.e., you earn it on one system and it prevents you from earning it on the other). The good news is, you should still be able to earn the trophy on your PS3. The bad news is, I think you'll need to do it by erasing your game data and doing it offline before logging back on (which synchs pins). Not sure that part is possible without the DLC, so you may need to purchase it after all if you care about this.

• Like 1

Sounds good.  I've actually been playing the two versions along side each other keeping them at around the same spot in each (no real reason, just cause).  Sounds like perhaps I should just focus on one version than restart from the beginning with the other version.

Edited by MisterMystro