What is your favorite Final Fantasy game?

Mr_MovieMan29

Favorite Final Fantasy?.  

348 members have voted

1. 1. Pick it!

• Final Fantasy
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VIII
    • Final Fantasy IX
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Final Fantasy XI
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy XIII-2
    • Final Fantasy XIV
    • One of the Final Fantasy Legends
    • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
    • Final Fantasy Tactics

Due to the release of the Final Fantasy week on PSN, where all Final Fantasy games are 50% off, I have decided to buy my first FF game! So, vote on your favorite and the winner is what I will buy, but this is mostly for you guys to share your opinions. If you feel like, it would be awesome if you state your reason why. I tried and named as many as I can, if I missed one, I can edit it in....polls will decide my game on Friday 8pm CST USA. Thank you for voting, this unicorn is all I can give.

post-37347-0-14542600-1360113850_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr_MovieMan29

I liked VII, IX and XII, but X is my favorite out of the entire lot. I spent hours on end playing Ten. I loved the characters, upgrade system battle system and the story. It never felt like a grind. Out of all the mini games from all the FF's I've played, Blitzball is by far my favorite. I even stuck around after beating Sin to max out all my character stats.

FFX is by far the most memorable game, not just FF, that I've ever played and I can't recommend it enough.

FF2 (known to fanboys as IV but it will always be 2 to me)

Revolutionized video games as a story-telling platform. First game I remember playing where beloved characters die (oops, spoilers!)

3 aka VI is a close second.

and LOL at Mystic Quest haha I completely forgot that even existed.

Edited by lporiginalg
  • Like 2

• Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VII: The Dirge of Cerberus
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2

These are my favourites in order but a quick question how will some of these titles help you in regards to the Final Fantasy sale?

I'd say with what you can probably get off the PSN Store get VII and VIII off the store with IX if possible and grab XIII and XIII-2 as physical copies as they're relatively cheap now but that is just my opinion.

• Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VII: The Dirge of Cerberus
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2

These are my favourites in order but a quick question how will some of these titles help you in regards to the Final Fantasy sale?

I'd say with what you can probably get off the PSN Store get VII and VIII off the store with IX if possible and grab XIII and XIII-2 as physical copies as they're relatively cheap now but that is just my opinion.

If a game that wasn't on PSN was voted #1, I would get it via Internet.

FF2 (known to fanboys as IV but it will always be 2 to me)

Revolutionized video games as a story-telling platform. First game I remember playing where beloved characters die (oops, spoilers!)

3 aka VI is a close second.

and LOL at Mystic Quest haha I completely forgot that even existed.

Well it is known to a lot of people as 4 and 6 because that is what they are called. Final Fantasy 2 and 3 are completely different games so you should really call the games by their proper names to avoid confusion.

I absolutely adore the serious face xD I don't know ANYTHING about Final Fantasy. So I just put Mystic Quest there because it said to on Wiki....what's so special about it?

I don't remember too much about it (I played it once back when it came out) but what I do remember was there was no open world and you just clicked where you wanted to go. It is why I always got annoyed when people complained about 13 being linear and I would ask if they played Mystic Quest. I really should go back and replay it because I honestly can't remember anything more about the game.

VIII is my favorite game of all time, so I'm slightly biased towards it. It has an amazing soundtrack, great story, the best main character in the series, and I really liked the whole world they created. (I would love a prequal one day :<)

I would also highly reccomend XII (best game in the series imo),

X,

XIII (criminally underated),

X-2 (see XIII),

XIII-2,

V,

IX,

VI

and the original.

Although to be perfectly honest, they are all amazing and I would highly reccomend all of them. But those are my top 10. :)

Best series of all time tbh. I hope you enjoy whichever you decide on.

Well it is known to a lot of people as 4 and 6 because that is what they are called. Final Fantasy 2 and 3 are completely different games so you should really call the games by their proper names to avoid confusion.

That's what they became called, years after the original SNES release, when Squaresoft (which was really Square, which then changed their name to SquareEnix) decided to change the name back to the original japanese version. I think if there's any confusion, we can agree I'm not the one to blame.

I have plenty of thirty-something friends who also played those games as children and if I talk to them about FF2 and FF3 they will know exactly what I'm talking about, because they are casual gamers who never knew it by any other name, not hardcore fanboys that downloaded emulators of the japanese only releases.

If it makes you feel better I voted for IV in the poll.

And if you are really just wanting to know the most popular FF game, this poll is pointless, anyone can tell you it's VII ;)

And if you're going to include Mystic Quest in the poll you should also include Final Fantasy Tactics, so we can have some more lols

That's what they became called, years after the original SNES release, when Squaresoft (which was really Square, which then changed their name to SquareEnix) decided to change the name back to the original japanese version. I think if there's any confusion, we can agree I'm not the one to blame.

I have plenty of thirty-something friends who also played those games as children and if I talk to them about FF2 and FF3 they will know exactly what I'm talking about, because they are casual gamers who never knew it by any other name, not hardcore fanboys that downloaded emulators of the japanese only releases.

If it makes you feel better I voted for IV in the poll.

And if you are really just wanting to know the most popular FF game, this poll is pointless, anyone can tell you it's VII ;)

And if you're going to include Mystic Quest in the poll you should also include Final Fantasy Tactics, so we can have some more lols

I added Tactics, and surprisingly, ten is winning. I thought that the seventh was the most popular...

Hmm tricky question as all are quiet different. i say it depends on what you as a gamer are looking for and willing to compensate for FF VII is a popular one and a good starting point and at the sale price you can't go wrong but if you can't stand dated visuals this is were it suffers. Great choice otherwise, but if you want one with better visuals which can be said to be close/equally good then FF X is a good one to go for although i feel alot more time has to be put into ten because of its leveling up system. not a bad thing but if you like to just jump into a game and play then might not be the one although as soon as you get to grips with it then its a blast. Now if you don't mind or prefer older visual style of the SNES then i would say FF IV (many would argue FF VI but the amount of characters may be over whelming to some). overall i would personally say FF X but i could be biased as it was my first FF. All i would say is because they are so different if you pick one and hate it still give one more a try as you may have just picked that one out of the lot you were never going to like. which ever one you pick i wish you much fun.