Persona director leaves the franchise after the success of P5

Zenpai

15 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Maybe Project Re: Fantasy will be like an alternative final fantasy, but a JRPG again since SE don't seem to want those any more.

Kingdom Hearts 3? Final Fantasy XV? World of Final Fantasy? Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

He's probably just bored. Since P3, they've used essentially the same formula. He probably wants to be able to do other things, than just the same game with slight variations over and over. And really, now that they have an established formula, there's really no reason for him to stay anyway. 

1 hour ago, kuuhaku said:

World of Final Fantasy is the only one you listed that would be a JRPG. Just ask @Satoshi Ookami :awesome:

This guy knows :awesome: 

This is just my assumption but Atlus probably wants to release new Personas more often and that's something Hashi doesn't want to do.

We have seen how long he worked on P5 and how brilliant it ended up. If he were to be given tougher deadlines, his Personas would still be good but not Hashi-quality.

2 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

Maybe Project Re: Fantasy will be like an alternative final fantasy, but a JRPG again since SE don't seem to want those any more.

You mean, except for WoFF, Bravely Default, Bravely Second, I Am Setsuna, Dragon Quest XI, and Lost Sphear, right?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is good news, I mean I love the SMT games though the P series is getting a bit stale. The changes from Persona 1 and 2 made in Persona 3 and 4 are a great move, Persona 5 is a nicer looking game, the dungeons are more interactive but it's essentially a very good persona 3/4.

I got bored with it pretty quick.

4 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

This is good news, I mean I love the SMT games though the P series is getting a bit stale. The changes from Persona 1 and 2 made in Persona 3 and 4 are a great move, Persona 5 is a nicer looking game, the dungeons are more interactive but it's essentially a very good persona 3/4.

I do see what you mean. While personally Persona is a pretty recent find that I still can't get enough of, as I said, I was never a fan of stuff dragging on forever. Might as well leave while you're on top.

8 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Don't worry, Persona Karting will change everything :awesome: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 2:58 AM, Z1MZUM said:

>says it's a very good game

>gets bored very quickly

This is not parsing.

19 minutes ago, Freelancer Tex said:

>says it's a very good game

>gets bored very quickly

This is not parsing.

Sure, but you wrote it like that, not me.

The game is well written, it's very similar to the previous 2 games, I don't see how this is difficult to get.