Plat rarity

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Rarity isn't often equal to difficulty. The fact that Crash 1 is the first in the series means that people would rather do them all in order, some people could have done Crash 1, started Crash 2 and got bored and decided they'll leave it until later, but I've also heard the games all sync at 0% automatically regardless of which one you start, so everyone who started Crash 1 on disc will also have Crash 2 and 3 at 0% on their trophy list and some of them probably didn't bother to delete the 0%. Also, by not playing it you never know if something might come along that makes people think Crash 2 is harder than Crash 1. 

I was about to say the same xD

Just happened to me yesterday, I started Crash 1 and I have all the games 0% in my list, so it makes the plat rarity higher than it should.

20 hours ago, SlaveBeastTaka said:

@Las_Plagas1

Nice name. ^ ^ I know this is kind of random. 

lol ty RE4 one of my favorite games.

and now that everyone has said that most people would like to do them in order it makes sense logically, cant brain sometimes

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Before it came out, I said that the second game is the hardest (except boss battles that meh).

Crash 1 has less levels than the others, so when you aiming for relics, the first one is faster to do, while in the third game they are 30, although they are not a challenge since its almost copy pasted from the original.

The second game they give you the Speed boots, so you need to be faster than the first game (where you just need to play it normally) but also use speedrunner mechanics, such jumping and spinning at the same time for longer jumps... I dont know if Im being clear, but I really found this second game much harder because of time trials and most levels than the other 2...

• 5 months later...
On 9/17/2017 at 9:46 PM, TurtlePM said:

Before it came out, I said that the second game is the hardest (except boss battles that meh).

Crash 1 has less levels than the others, so when you aiming for relics, the first one is faster to do, while in the third game they are 30, although they are not a challenge since its almost copy pasted from the original.

The second game they give you the Speed boots, so you need to be faster than the first game (where you just need to play it normally) but also use speedrunner mechanics, such jumping and spinning at the same time for longer jumps... I dont know if Im being clear, but I really found this second game much harder because of time trials and most levels than the other 2...

Completely agree with this, with the caveat that I haven't got around to doing C3 yet.  I was misled by everyone claiming C2, together with the third game, was "much easier" than the first game.  On a basic mechanical "pick it up and play" level, I suppose this is true.  But on the level of going for all the platinum relics?  IMHO, as someone who got all the platinums in C1 and C2, there's no comparison.  C2 was harder by orders of magnitude, and precisely for the reason you stated: it forces you to use pro speedrunner tactics and maneuvers to get many of the platinum relics.  

C1 is a game where if you take the time to learn each level, pick out where the time saves are, and so forth, you can do it.  C2... is another beast.  I think of a level like Snow Go (for me, personally, by far the hardest platinum in the game, and harder than any platinum in C1, including The Lab) - the entire thing depends on how quickly and smoothly you move, cut corners, slide, break boxes, hit elevating platforms, did you slide jump here instead of running?, did you bounce off the ! *into* a spin to break the time box?, etc., etc.  Truthfully that kind of stuff exceeds my capacity for precision with these games (although, I should note, in one of my runs I very precisely missed the platinum on Snow Go by .01 seconds).  Anyway, I didn't feel my platinums were riding on such things in Crash 1, probably because of simpler mechanics.  

• Like 2