WWE2K18 is actually looking....great

Miles_Warren

I think we can all agree that, in terms of graphics, wrestling games have never looked as great as other sport related games such as FIFA, NBA or even the UFC games by EA. But could that all change with the release of WWE2K18? Take Two, the developers behind the 2K franchise, have revealed that they have built an entirely new graphics engine that delivers spectacular new lighting, more realistic skin and new camera effects. There have also been other improvements such as more realistic chants and commentary. But it is the look of the game that strikes me as the biggest improvement compared to its predecessor 2K17. Have a look for yourself:

wwe-2k18.jpg

wwgwwe2k183-1013843.jpg

So far they have just released the above images and they also just happen to feature the cover star Seth Rollins so they were bound to look good. It will be interesting to see if they have made any improvements to the gameplay. I'm also keen to see what the other members of the roster will look like.

What are your thoughts on the new stills?

• Like 1

I was a massive wrestling fan back in the 90's. I used to have the action figures and the wrestling wring to go with it. I've watched wrestling games come and go since then but i'm pretty much 100% out of touch but i'd love to get back into it. Considering that, do you think that i would dig 2K17 or 18?

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
Removed typo

6 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I was a massive wrestling fan back in the 90's. I used to have the action figures and the wrestling wring to go with it. I've watched wrestling games come and go since then but i'm pretty much 100% out of touch but i'd love to get back into it. Considering that, do you think that i would dig 2K17 or 18?

I was more or less like you until a year ago when I began to watch the wrestling highlights on Sky 1 on Sunday mornings and I became hooked once more. I bought 2K17 when it came out last year and it was the first wrestling game I bought since Smackdown which was released in 2000. It is a good game that passes a few hours but it isn't without its faults. The online is full of lag and, if you are a trophy hunter, it can begin to feel like a chore after a while. But matches with friends can be a lot of fun and there is a lot of creative features introduced in the "Create Your Own Character". Plus, there are a LOAD of characters you can play as from all eras of wrestling.

Considering the improvements that are coming with 2K18 I would recommend you get that. But since you are on the fence about getting back into wrestling, I would recommend you wait until the price goes down. You could probably buy it in Smyths for like €20 come February or March so  would wait until then.

On 8/9/2017 at 1:48 PM, Razza said:

Graphics might look amazing but I seriously doubt they will fix the huge problem of the online part of this game :(

SO MUCH THIS

Not only is their online glitchy but they have no control of hacked movesets. AND playing against people with hacked move sets mean you lose the match AND it won't count towards trophies. AND they close servers more frequently than Trump posts on Twitter. AND their customer service is the absolute worst (Sorry EA but you couldn't possibly hold that title forever)

I lost the ability to plat 2K16 because even though I completed 276 matches with no disconnects I KEPT GETTING A DISCONNECT PENALTY. And disconnects negate trophy progress. Customer Services response? Delete/reinstall. After that didn't work? They ignored my emails.

Bottom line? Fuck 2K. I will start buying wrestling games again when another company takes the contract from them. . . 

2K have announced that they will be teaming up with the Rock, who will act as Executive Sound Producer for the game. They've also announced some of the songs that will appear in the game:

• Blues Brothers – “Soul Man”;
  • Boston – “Smokin’”;
  • Bruno Mars – “Runaway Baby”;
  • Disturbed – “Down With The Sickness”;
  • Eazy-E – “Boyz-N-The-Hood”;
  • George Thorogood & The Destroyers – “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer”;
  • Joe Walsh – “Rocky Mountain Way”;
  • Kanye West – “Black Skinhead”;
  • Kid Rock – “You Never Met a White Boy Quite Like Me”;
  • ¡MAYDAY! (feat. Tech N9ne) – “Last One Standing”;
  • Tech N9ne (feat. Krizz Kaliko, Serj Tankian) – “Straight Out The Gate”.