PS4 or Vita

MosesRockefeller

I haven't gotten this game yet. In general, I favor Vita versions for cross-platform games.

However:

1. The PS4 version is on sale all the time, for $20 or so.

2. The Vita version might have bad performance.

For anyone who has played both, or at least played the Vita version, what do you think? Is the Vita version worth getting?

One other thing, I finished the first 2 games in the series and I've played a little bit of 3. But I am open to the gameplay changes... I'm really only concerned with the performance of the game here.

More times than not, I go with the Vita version when presented with a choice of platform. Mostly due to having a fairly large backlog of PS3 & PS4 games and also playing games on a mobile platform gives me even more time to play the game while on the go.

Edited by merciful84

30 minutes ago, merciful84 said:

More times than not, I go with the Vita version when presented with a choice of platform. Mostly due to having a fairly large backlog of PS3 & PS4 games and also playing games on a mobile platform gives me even more time to play the game while on the go.

Yeah, same here. I like buying digital where most PS4/Vita games are cross-buy, but I always pay the Vita version.

• Like 1

I would go for the Vita version for sure, It is so much easier and better to play RPG games portably since you can play them anywhere and get through these long games quicker. Or if it supports cross-save then buy both versions and play it on your PS4 and play it on the go on your Vita :D

I will go for the Vita version when I buy it, unless it is full of glitches. I cant take my PS4 everywhere with me and I can always play a little during work break or after lunch with Vita.

That said, I believe you already have your answer seeing that PS4 version price.

If they had the same price maybe you would go for the Vita version, but since that is not the case...

I would say get the PS4 version, half the price. Vita version is full price and digital only.

If you end up not liking the game, you can always sell it off since it's physical.

If you like it and prefer the vita version, you can still sell the PS4 copy and buy the vita. The trophy list is shared and I heard the game supports cross-save.

I thought the Vita version was only available in Japan. This is news to me. :P Still, I would get the game physically on PS4 so it goes next to my copy of Valkyria Chronicles. Even if for whatever reason you don't care for physical games, the PS4 version is a lot cheaper, and it doesn't look like a game worth spending that much money on tbh.

• 3 weeks later...