Post the last trophy you DIDN'T earn

IntroPhenom

The last trophy I didn't earn was Council Trouncer, from Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.  It happened just last night!

I was playing, of course, cruising through the last dungeon due to some egregious over leveling, and had the final boss down to just a wee bit of health, but then suddenly Esther fell, then Swaine took a digger, and in a blink of the eye, the final boss's little battle buddies ganged up and played a overly pokey version of pin-the-tail-on-the-Oliver.  And that was that.  Game over.  Went to bed full of grumbles.

• Like 2

Hmm, not entirely sure how to approach this question. I guess I'll go with all the Rise of the Tomb Raider Endurance trophies I didn't earn. I got the plat and was going for 100%, but when I got to Endurance Mode I was just like "Fuck this, I'm done" so I left the rest of it alone and didn't even touch Co-op Endurance.

3 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

@Satoshi Ookami I think the idea of the topic is a trophy you were on your way to earning before something went wrong.

I didn't earn :bronze:Fear Not the Flame from Pyre because the requirements are only possible to perform with one of the nine-or-so party members and I had her leave my party before I realized that..

You are exactly correct, regarding the idea behind the topic.  I thought the circumstances behind not earning a trophy could be humorous and fun to share. :) 

24 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

This... is a weird topic?

I didn't earn Hundred Holder from ACvsSAO because it's hella grind.

Something like this?

Something like that, yes. :) 

Ghost In The Cemetery from Uncharted 4 was one of the trophies that I didn't earn on my current playthrough the story mode. In order to obtain the trophy you have to avoid killing anyone or being spotted in a specific section of the game.

I reached the encounter, and was very stealthily making my way around the game space avoiding enemies and lines of detection. Sam, one of the NPCs that is following you around at this point in the game, killed one of the guards and in my confusion I poked my head out and ended up having a guard become suspicious. Making it to the door to proceed on with the game, I found out that I didn't obtain the trophy.

At that point I had already spent a good amount of time on the section, and have left this achievement for my next playthrough on Crushing. What a night...

15 minutes ago, Lawless_Llama said:

Ghost In The Cemetery from Uncharted 4 was one of the trophies that I didn't earn on my current playthrough the story mode. In order to obtain the trophy you have to avoid killing anyone or being spotted in a specific section of the game.

I reached the encounter, and was very stealthily making my way around the game space avoiding enemies and lines of detection. Sam, one of the NPCs that is following you around at this point in the game, killed one of the guards and in my confusion I poked my head out and ended up having a guard become suspicious. Making it to the door to proceed on with the game, I found out that I didn't obtain the trophy.

At that point I had already spent a good amount of time on the section, and have left this achievement for my next playthrough on Crushing. What a night...

Wow nice! Lol I actually attempted to yesterday and got it :P . I just watched a video and copied the steps exactly and was done in like 2 mins. 

And well it's practically impossible on crushing(believe me I tried) because of their heightened senses. I did my attempt on explorer after I beat the story once on crushing. 

I didn't earn:

Committed To The Cause

Reach level 55 in Multiplayer.

All Rounder

Play on every game mode, and use every ability and ranged weapon once in Multiplayer.

from Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.

I'm close but been playing it all night and is just too tired. 10 levels to go. ?

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

7L995700.png

:silver: Charted! Speedrun :silver:

I was really bummed when I did not get this. I did everything right, with at least 10 minutes to spare but the trophy did not pop up.

I did not go back to Uncharted 4 since it happened.

Edited by ab4h4r4k1

2 hours ago, Lawless_Llama said:

Just as @PooPooBlast Said this is nearly impossible on crushing. I ended up doing it on Explorer also.

As for the trophy I didn't earn is Becomes the Master from Titanfall 2. I have been trying for a few nights now and I keep messing up on the last part of it.

• Like 2

This is kind of a odd topic, but ok

I didn't get the bronze trophy Learned of the ancient past because it took forever for me to reach the city of Meridian, mainly because I was killing every robot that was on my way, but also all the side mission. Then after solving a crime scene I'm told to go to another area to continue the main quest of the game. I knew this game was big and progress would be slow but this is getting alittle much for just a story related trophy.

Edited by Pershing24

Thread for failed attempts at earning a trophy, I guess?

Which is appropriate, because I just failed spectacularly in Muramasa Rebirth. While running around the post-game map looking for barriers to break, I ran into the Giant Centipede(s) boss. I figured it was a good a chance as any to get the 999 hit trophy out of the way, seeing as I nearly did it with Kisuke the first time I was there. Sadly I couldn't get a good combo going until the very end of the fight, when the centipedes are much shorter and it's tougher to chase them around without running into one of the heads. Still, I got to 998 hits... only to miss the last one and lose the combo because I ran out of roof and the boss went off-screen.

It's a piss-easy trophy and I saved just outside the boss area so I'll probably get it next time but good lord, I was fuming.

• Like 2

I was reading this thread and it reminded me of the simpsons.  I was thinking that this sounds like a way to nail stupid/unsuspecting cheaters and get them to admit to their cheating. 

It seems like something the crooked incompetent cops on the Simpsons would try to bust criminals and Homer would be stupid enough to get busted.

The last trophy I DIDN'T get was Great Dane from MGS2. After every boss fight you get full health back but after I beat the Metal Rays I went straight to Solidus fight with the mm of health I had left. It took ages to beat the Rays and I didn't want to risk doing it again so I saved straight away. Solidus kills me straight away because I've barely any health so I'd need to start from the beginning again - which I'm not! Because of that I decided not to put myself through any more of the Virtually Impossible grind. I was so close too! If I'd only saved in a different slot. Right now I'm drained from Metal Gear but I'm sure I'll go back and try again... in a few years ?

17 hours ago, dmsleight said:

I was reading this thread and it reminded me of the simpsons.  I was thinking that this sounds like a way to nail stupid/unsuspecting cheaters and get them to admit to their cheating. 

It seems like something the crooked incompetent cops on the Simpsons would try to bust criminals and Homer would be stupid enough to get busted.

Paranoia!  I like it.

Super Meat Boy

20Lc58943.png

:gold: Zombie Boy :gold:

Beat the Rapture dark world without dying

0.15% Ultra Rare

Made a lot of attempts on this trophy after I got Demon Boy months ago. Eventually gave up because it was so damn difficult. 5-9X is a real pain in the ass. 5-17X through 5-20X are no joke either. I'll come back to this eventually, currently got a backlog I want to clean up a bit.

Edited by Spaz

I get this!

Last weekend I fired up Back to Bed. About the same time, the buzzer went off on my clothes washer. I paused the game (I thought), got the clothes drying, put in a new load, grabbed a cold drink, returned to the game. Not one but TWO trophies! Apparently game was not on pause and I earned a trophy for 10 minutes on a level and make Bob walk over the edge 10 times in a level. Incompetence was never so easy. Hah!

• Like 1