Have you beaten the boss? If so how did you do it?

bobjoehill

For me regular enemies in boss fight are the greatest threat so I would consider to pick up triple shot or noppy in order to clear them asap and stick to that weapons the entire fight (but before the fight you need to collect every weapon available it gives you charges even if you don't like the weapon you must pick it up for charges). You need gems into charge upgrade, magnetic gems and possibly that upgrade which can blows up corpses. Also laser and drone, jetpack maybe. Just stay in center kill all enemies and pick up their gems to shoot at the boss constantly, move away only when he shoot fireballs. In shops you need only health prefably +1max hp but any health would be good. If you have fork and knife upgrade in areas 1 or 2 try to move slowly eating every corpse you can, kill everything and eat their corpses you don't have opportunities for this in areas 3 and 4. In areas 3 and 4 try to build up 25x combo that will give you 1 hp and 1 charge everytime. With combos and hearts from the caves I have managed to build up 11 hp at the end of the game. It is not that easy in hard mode tho.

Edited by FalseSine280
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

arm spin master is what got me through the game - now stuck on area 3 in hard mode

other than that what falsesine said is pretty spot on. however during the bossfight, pick up any weapon with a heart symbol to gain health, even if they're not that good or your preferred one

Armspin mode.

And most important thing for me was to make 8-hit combos. After an 8hit combo you get 100 gems. In shops always buy all +hp upgrade if you can afford them. Of course preder the +max hp if possible. With this way if you know how to finish all levels, you have 8-10 hitpoints at the boss. Learn his pattern, really not that hard if you figure it out once.

I agree that Arm Spin style is super useful, getting plenty of health and charge upgrades.

The Knife and Fork upgrade is great since you can eat a lot of the enemies in the first three areas to upgrade your health.

For the boss itself I feel that the Laser weapon was the best, as it takes down all enemies in one hit and chunks down the bosses health pretty fast. This is how I beat the boss twice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have only beaten him on normal but what helped me is using arm spin style to make sure you have a really large ammo clip and then trying not to land much at all while shooting him. I was struggling because I would get paranoid I was going to run out of bullets and try to stay near a platform, but that resulted in me getting hit more often than not.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Got Platinum today. And the best combinarmos is, indeed, armspin style + Knife/fork upgrade. But It's only useful If you get It before área 2. Anywhere after that means yoi'll have a Hard time building a decente HP.

Also, I did find Shotgun And Laser modules to be the best

Triple is a waste, Specially on early stages.

• 1 month later...

I finally beat the boss on hard mode today, with 1/8 health remaining, and got the platinum. That's literally after hundreds of runs across several months. Thank God... I'm pretty hardcore about achieving every trophy in all of my games, but I have to say I was about to give up on this one. If you are reading this, just keep trying over and over again. Don't play this when you're tired, and just switch to some other game if you begin to lose focus.

Knife and fork is sure a nice perk to get early game, but don't underestimate Popping Gems (fires a bullet upwards for each collected gem) ! It's a life savior in the 1st, 3rd and 4th worlds. As for the 2nd world, the safety jetpack is pretty damn invaluable.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

• 3 months later...

I ended up getting the plat for this after six days of buying it. It's not that bad? I mean, yeah sure hard mode *is* hard and it cost me a bunch of resets in the first area (just to have a full health bar and the knife and fork upgrade) but like everyone said, practice makes perfect. 

That being said, I'd like to give some of my advice that helped me.

-Knife and Fork is a big necessity along with big apple and youth just so you can keep your HP up. I honestly recommend resetting the first area if you don't happen to get any of those.

-The Laser gun is a BIG help in the first, third, and boss area since you can basically insta kill any enemy that's below you. Get rid of those damn bats and red enemies.

-Laser Sight is helpful for the boss just so you can keep a distance from it while still dealing damage, along with the drone.

-Obligatory arm spin mode. It's a necessity.

-Popping gems is also really useful for upward enemies, along with any other gem upgrades

-Ignore the enemies in the first area, try to do the second area as slow and careful as you can, speed through the third area since you can get fucked very easily if you so much as go a little slow in one spot (oxygen meter is a pain), and just be mindful of the enemies in the fourth area. Those hearts you get from doing 25+ combos can be a real lifesaver. As for the boss area, the difficulty was pretty much the same as the one in normal mode, you just have to dodge two attacks from it rather than one and be mindful of the teeth he drops.

And above all else, don't give up. I remember getting to the boss on my fourth serious try and realized it was completely within my grasp to complete it.

I hope anyone reading this gets some form of help with getting the plat. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've made a few attempts on the boss on Hard mode with no luck so far.

Pretty easy to feel a bit overwhelmed because you spent a good 15 minutes getting to him trying to keep as much health as you can as you go into the fight.

This is definitely one of those fights where you're going to need a lot of preparation. Skill is involved with this fight and the entire game in general, part of the difficulty comes from how anxious you are to beat him.

Not an easy task, but far from impossible. This is why people rate this game an 8 out of 10 in difficulty.

Edited by Spaz