VITA worth for this ??

Natsuu24

Hi guys!!
First of all, i will try to write my best, my english is not "soooo goood" :D, so, sry if i make mistakes!

In the near future, i will need to pass the weeks out of my house because work, so, i cant take my ps4 with me. I'm planning buy a VITA for gaming, and some music, movies, series, etc. My questions is:
- Is it worth for all of this ?? Gaming, watch some videos/series ??

- The VITA itself brings memory ?? Or i really need to buy one memory card ??
- For remote play, i will need a unlimited and fast internet ??
- I will always can earn trophies in VITA ?? Or maybe will close that option/psn soon on vita ??

The deal i'm looking is 135€. With some sells, i will can buy it for 55€, so, i think it will worth it! In other hand, i have a 3DS for 105€, but some people say that is not good for others things beside gaming!

16 minutes ago, Natsuu24 said:

- Is it worth for all of this ?? Gaming, watch some videos/series ??

- The VITA itself brings memory ?? Or i really need to buy one memory card ??
- For remote play, i will need a unlimited and fast internet ??
- I will always can earn trophies in VITA ?? Or maybe will close that option/psn soon on vita ??

1. Gaming? Yes, absolutely. Watching videos? Probably not. I think most video services on the Vita are no longer supported, but I could be wrong. I never used them.
  2. The Vita 2000 (also knows as the slim) has 1GB of internal memory, but you're going to need to buy a memory card as well. I'd recommend going with a 16GB at least.
  3. I've never tried remote play, so I can't answer that one.
  4. Yes, you can earn trophies on the Vita, and you most likely always will be able to. From what people have said, the PSN on Vita, PS3, and PS4 are part of the same thing. You can't shut down one without shutting down the others.
21 minutes ago, Natsuu24 said:

The deal i'm looking is 135€. With some sells, i will can buy it for 55€, so, i think it will worth it! In other hand, i have a 3DS for 105€, but some people say that is not good for others things beside gaming!

Honestly, if you're looking to do anything else besides gaming on the Vita, you're probably gong to be disappointed. I can wholeheartedly recommend people a Vita for its great library of games, but not for the video services and whatever else people do on consoles these days. You can listen to music on there just fine, though.

• Like 2

You can watch videos and listen to music yes. But Vita irself has not much of internal memory. So make sure you buy a Vita memory card. I have one for 8GB and it does its job and costs around 20€. As for remote play you'll need more a stable than fast connection. Make sure you pair your ps4 and vita before you leave. You can also test it by going to a place with free wifi and trying to connect. Yes you'll earn trophies for games you play on your vita. Either it will be from remote play from you ps4 or from a vita game. 
I think 135 is a good deal. I got mine for 150 and it was worth every cent.

Vita also has lots of fun games to play. You can check what games you own from ps plus so you won't have to buy new ones. 
Good luck on your trip and have fun with Vita!!

oh and btw you cant watch youtube on your vita anymore...

Edited by BlueBerry_1337

1. If you can get it for that price, it's certainly worth it. I love using my Vita when I travel and commute to work on trophies when I'm not home and mostly just for gaming as opposed to other stuff, as the battery life isn't the best for extended use watching a ton of movies/ listening to music without charging it up at least once a night or every second night depending on how much you use it. To be honest, the vita is pretty crap for surfing or watching stuff online as the controls and navigating is quite gimmicky, so much easier to just use a phone. You can download psp games as well so if you have any favourites from then, it's another bonus although they are not trophy supported. 
  2. The memory is very small, barely enough for one game, so I recommend getting either a 16BG or 32/64GB depending on whether you prefer physical or download versions. But the PSN store has a host of great niche games and Japanese games too, so it's a great console if you are into those kind of games.
  3. I've never tried remote play, but I heard other people use it and it's useful if you have to share the TV with other household members. I have a personal monitor in my room for my ps4 so I never had to use it. 
  4. For trophies it's great, you can work on games even when not at home so it's handy if you like collecting trophies. 

Not to prematurely judge but based on your profile if most of what you play are big name Western blockbusters then the Vita may not be a viable long term solution as most of its titles are made up of Western indies and Japanese games these days.

It still has some great Western games from 3 years back, but if you're expecting a robust library like on PS3/4, you'll be disappointed.

It's also a very underwhelming media device. It can still play videos and YouTube through its HTML5 browser, but for whatever reason, it has a cap of < 60 minute video lengths so forget streaming movies and such.

• Like 2

If you like japanese made games Like JRPGs,  VNs , hack n'slash and indies then in long term is a suoer viabel system with tons of games to try out . But since you appear to have much more taste on Western based games according to your profile , then it might be a hard buy for you after awhile . You have some high budget and more appealing to masses games like Uncharted GA , Killzone Mercenary,  Resistance Burning Skies , AC Liberation,  Unit 13 , Gravity Rush , Tearaway,  NFS most wanted , COD Black Ops Declassified ( heard was not that good tho) however not many more to choose from .

Others mentioned important points so I'm just going to dive into less important ones.

Watching videos on Vita: It's brilliant AS LONG AS you don't expect streaming like Netflix or other so called 'modern' ways of watching. You need the old fashion download -> move to Vita -> Watch

Remote Play: You need stable, fast is... well, probably required if you want to play some AAA crap :awesome: , as for unlimited... well, it does obviously eat data as any stream would

Closing PSN: Oh great, this question again... No, for the 10,350,847th time, Sony can't shut down servers for one console due to common environment

I don't use my Vita for anything besides games actually . Don't tend to browse the internet , don't use remote play cause no PS4 for me to use however to you it might be useful but only if you got good and fast internet connection , i don't also don't listen to music or watch viddso on it and that's cause i can do all other of those things on other devicrs like my phone , tablet or PC so i tend to save the battery usage of Vita fof what really matters for me and where i can get the best Portable gaming experiences in which i rarely find on phones or tablets and it 's fine by me and totally worth .

I use remote play frequently & you'll need stable internet if you plan to leave your PS4 at home & game on the go. Just know that you will need to leave the PS4 on Rest mode as remote play cannot turn on the system, rather it logs in. You can shut down the PS4 using remote play though. 

As for gaming at home, no internet is required to remote play as long as the two systems are in close proximity to one another (nothing farther than one room). 

Hopefully you do get the Vita, it's great for trips or just gaming on the go. 

Tbh depends on your library of games that you already have (if you picked PS+ Vita games before) -- if not then well, buying the console and adding bunch of games to that on top might be a bit pricey. I love my Vita but I doubt that I would get it without 20+ games from PS+ that I already had prior buying the console.

A lot of people suggested getting 16gb memory card right away, and while they might be right, if that's pricey for you -- you can live with 8gb but do keep in mind that you will pretty much have to complete a big game and delete it (or just delete it) before being able to download another one.

As for remote play -- useful as hell when it comes to games that require 2 controllers (and yes, you do need a pretty good internet speed but it doesn't have to be an unlimited one).

19 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

@Natsuu24 , if you're interested in a Vita,  k'm selling a model PCH 1004 for 50€ with charger and a 4GB memory card . Here's my post on OLX , talk to me if you're interested and want to make a deal 

https://www.olx.pt/anuncio/ps-vita-consola-porttil-playstation-carto-memria-4-gb-IDAHGFH.html

You are replacing a working Vita?

9 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You are replacing a working Vita?

Yes totally working and good to go my old one . I got a new one cause my old one was a bit used with scratches and i'm nitpicking cause of that but it plays normal like any other Vita no problem there .

I'd recommend a 32GB memory card if you intend to download games digitally from PS Store. I was surprised how quickly my 32GB memory card was filled up and I only had a few digital games installed. 64GB memory cards I wouldn't recommend as I hear they are very prone to corrupting saves and becoming completely unusable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I'd recommend a 32GB memory card if you intend to download games digitally from PS Store. I was surprised how quickly my 32GB memory card was filled up and I only had a few digital games installed. 64GB memory cards I wouldn't recommend as I hear they are very prone to corrupting saves and becoming completely unusable.

I never knew that fact about 64GB cards , i have a 32 GB that i mainly use .

On 8/10/2017 at 6:06 PM, Undead Wolf said:

1. Yes, you can earn trophies on the Vita, and you most likely always will be able to. From what people have said, the PSN on Vita, PS3, and PS4 are part of the same thing. You can't shut down one without shutting down the others.

PSN does not affect your ability to earn trophies, only sync them. PSN is indeed one connected network, but you can earn trophies regardless of PSN status.

8 minutes ago, Star Butterfly said:

PSN does not affect your ability to earn trophies, only sync them. PSN is indeed one connected network, but you can earn trophies regardless of PSN status.

I know that. I've played offline on Vita many times. :P Earning trophies won't do you much if you can't sync them, though. I assume that's what the OP was referring to.

11 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Weeeeeeell... that was a disappointing conclusion.

Especially considering you were asking about using handheld as a multimedia device.

The 3DS has a Youtube app I think... but why anyone would use it for that is beyond me.

Then again, I don't even use the Vita for multimedia, it's for gaming only, just like the 3DS. I have a tablet for multimedia. But I like well-defined portable devices. My smartphone is for checking email, web browsing, and phone/texting. I don't need to drain the battery with gaming, that's what my portable consoles are for. That said I have been playing the stupid Knack's Quest mobile game on it, since it makes the trophies easier in Knack on PS4.

But anyway, the 3DS is a solid choice; it has lots of great games. But the Vita makes a great complement to it. Their games have some overlap but both systems have games you cannot find much of on the other one.

25 minutes ago, chellesan said:

My 64gb memory card still works great after a few years but is allready complete full lol

My 64GB card was great for several years, until it suddenly started behaving erratically (mostly needing to restart to Rebuild the Database all the time). I hope you never have that problem, but I didn't want to believe there were issues until it happened to me. I am now joining with others here to recommend the 32GB card to new purchasers instead.

• Like 1