Question About Buying Physical Atelier Games

TheJadedJay

I decided I would like to try this series at some point. I'd like to try them on the Vita when I do since most of the games seem to have extra content on Vita.
But asides from Shallie all the physical copies seem to only be from Japan or Korea...
If I buy these copies will they have any options for English or English subtitles? I don't care about English voice-overs, just so long as I can read what I'm doing and what's going on.
I just would really prefer to play these on Vita over PS3. But PS3 seems to have at least most of them released in PAL...

Also I really didn't know where to put this topic as I'm asking about a series of Vita games, not just one. So I don't know if this topic will need to be moved. I didn't know where else to put it.

Well there were some english physical releases but it was limited. 

This link is for Shallie

https://store.nisaeurope.com/collections/limited-edition/products/atelier-shallie-plus-limited-edition or 

http://www.play-asia.com/atelier-shallie-plus-alchemists-of-the-dusk-sea/13/70aolx

The couple others might have to find on Ebay or Amazon or something. Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Well there were some english physical releases but it was limited. 

This link is for Shallie

https://store.nisaeurope.com/collections/limited-edition/products/atelier-shallie-plus-limited-edition or 

http://www.play-asia.com/atelier-shallie-plus-alchemists-of-the-dusk-sea/13/70aolx

The couple others might have to find on Ebay or Amazon or something. Hope this helps.

That second link is actually a much better price than what I was finding on Ebay. Thank you.
Sadly I didn't find any of the other games in English on Ebay and I'm hesitant to check Amazon as that site never ships here... so I don't really want to find one then be told it won't ship at the checkout... That's a shame they were limited as it might limit me to the PS3 if I can't find them or there is no subtitles/English text...

3 minutes ago, KittiBear said:

Do you absolutely have to have them physically? Cause I see them on sale quite often on PSN if digital was an option for you. If not you may be limited to the PS3 versions.

Well, preferably for sure, but not absolutely I suppose. Usually though, even with a sale, buying physical is cheaper than buying off PSN here. Even really old games can stay in the $50 - $70 margin. (for example I went to get Persona 3 and it was a little over $60, same for 2) I also have a very limited cell phone data-type internet plan because of my location, though I doubt they are too much to download, it is a constant concern over how much data I have left for a month. And then I just like having it in hand in case I need the money or don't like the game, so I can sell on.

Just now, AlchemistWer said:

Would you like try with PS3/PS4 games? You can find all 8 on Amazon without a problem and some have a good price.

I'm starting to think that's my best option. I feel the style might look a bit better on Vita, but the main concern is how much content I'm going to miss...

Just now, TheJadedJay said:

I'm starting to think that's my best option. I feel the style might look a bit better on Vita, but the main concern is how much content I'm going to miss...

Nothing, because Atelier on vita just have a little bit content extra but the story in each game it is same. the different are like dlc character or additional time but nothing really relevant, if is the first time you play maybe will be better start with PS3 games because you can follow guide without a problem and I think you can find PS3 games more cheap in your country or websites. On vita each game are a little bit expensive.

On 8/11/2017 at 0:10 PM, AlchemistWer said:

Nothing, because Atelier on vita just have a little bit content extra but the story in each game it is same. the different are like dlc character or additional time but nothing really relevant, if is the first time you play maybe will be better start with PS3 games because you can follow guide without a problem and I think you can find PS3 games more cheap in your country or websites. On vita each game are a little bit expensive.

I guess I'll be playing them on PS3/PS4 by the sound of it... Though I tend to not follow or use guides unless I'm truly stuck, so I feel I may run out of time, and I mean that regardless of the system I play on. xD 

Edited by TheJadedJay
Typo

11 hours ago, TheJadedJay said:

I guess I'll be playing themon PS3/PS4 by the sound of it... Though I tend to not follow or use guides unless I'm truly stuck, so I feel I may run out of time, and I mean that regardless of the system I play on. xD 

Keep in mind almost all Atelier games, you must play with guide if you want see all and get the platinum, especially Arland serie (Rorona, Totori and Meruru) 

Unfortunately, physical copies stayed in the glorious land of Japan.

Only Escha and Logy and Shallie Plus got physical copies. And E&L only in the US which is shit because you can't download proper voices.

Arland trilogy has to be played digitally or on PS3 :) 

Fun fact, I own all possible physical versions apart from any kind of Ayesha which is my favorite Atelier :/ (And E&L+ for aforementioned reasons) 

I guess I may buy Japanese copy just for collection reasons =D

On 8/13/2017 at 7:42 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Unfortunately, physical copies stayed in the glorious land of Japan.

Only Escha and Logy and Shallie Plus got physical copies. And E&L only in the US which is shit because you can't download proper voices.

Arland trilogy has to be played digitally or on PS3 :) 

Fun fact, I own all possible physical versions apart from any kind of Ayesha which is my favorite Atelier :/ (And E&L+ for aforementioned reasons) 

I guess I may buy Japanese copy just for collection reasons =D

That's such a shame. They looked more at home on the Vita than PS3 to me. (except maybe the open world one)
Wow! That sounds like an impressive collection. I won't lie, I have wanted to buy physicals before just for collection reasons and probably will too. xD