easy way for lvl 25 rune

• 3 years later...

Glad that I saw this trophy was much easier to get by just playing The Bright Lord DLC. I left it until the very last and got a level 25 rune to pop the platinum after about three hours of playing the DLC. The first three or four runes I got were level 22-24 and the right one dropped after those.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't have much trouble with either the lvl 25 or lvl 30 rune.  I did what the guide said in both cases (lvl 20 warchief for main game/lvl 25 warchief for dlc, NO death threat, got intel on him, exploited his weakness or hatred, and let him kill me once before I killed him), backed up my save once I set up those conditions, and then went to the 'Unfinished Business' mission and killed him.  Took 2-3 tries for each one before getting the appropriate non-epic rune.  Maybe you didn't meet all the criteria first?

You don't need the DLC to help you with my method.

What I ended up doing was going after a warchief who I death threated. Normally that would mean greater chances of epic runes EXCEPT you don't need to kill them yourself. Convert a few bodyguards to your side and get them to land the killing blow. Guaranteed not to be an epic. So warchief +2, death threat +1, Know their weaknesses/strengths +1 and let them kill you beforehand so that you get the +1 for revenge. As long as they're level 20 that will result in a level 25 rune. From start to finish it shouldn't take more than an hour.

I did this and got it on my first attempt. That was AFTER about 8 hours of grinding where I got about 25 epics in a row. I even spent about 2 hours reloading saves to save time and got epic after epic that way too. That was all without the death threats, I just couldn't get a non-epic rune.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 6:02 AM, LeeWatsonAstro said:

You don't need the DLC to help you with my method.

What I ended up doing was going after a warchief who I death threated. Normally that would mean greater chances of epic runes EXCEPT you don't need to kill them yourself. Convert a few bodyguards to your side and get them to land the killing blow. Guaranteed not to be an epic. So warchief +2, death threat +1, Know their weaknesses/strengths +1 and let them kill you beforehand so that you get the +1 for revenge. As long as they're level 20 that will result in a level 25 rune. From start to finish it shouldn't take more than an hour.

I did this and got it on my first attempt. That was AFTER about 8 hours of grinding where I got about 25 epics in a row. I even spent about 2 hours reloading saves to save time and got epic after epic that way too. That was all without the death threats, I just couldn't get a non-epic rune.

Hope this helps!

This worked perfectly for me! 

After getting nothing but Epic Runes for hours on end I had the bodyguards kill the warchief and got a level 26 rune on the first try.

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

On 24/12/2020 at 4:50 AM, GoosefacedKillah said:

This worked perfectly for me! 

After getting nothing but Epic Runes for hours on end I had the bodyguards kill the warchief and got a level 26 rune on the first try.

Thanks for the tip!

Glad the info helped you out! Wish I would have known earlier that epics only drop when you land the killing blow. Would've saved me a lot of time.

• Like 1