aZombieDictator

Steam achievements and how ridiculous they are.

31 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

There has to be cloud save sync too like Sound Shapes. No way I'm working for those trophies 30 times over. Even if they're just a minute!

Oh yeah btw another stupid easy list just popped up... More energy balance/cycle lists. What the heck even is the developer doing and how did he get this many lists in such a short time?

You see, Energy Cycle looked like an actual game that just happens to have a glitch that makes the plat a joke... but then they released it in EU with the same glitch without any fixes.

Even without a glitch it still shouldn't have had a platinum though, it's a small puzzle game. Not every game needs or warrants a platinum.

Just now, madbuk said:

You see, Energy Cycle looked like an actual game that just happens to have a glitch that makes the plat a joke... but then they released it in EU with the same glitch without any fixes.

Even without a glitch it still shouldn't have had a platinum though, it's a small puzzle game. Not every game needs or warrants a platinum.

Yeah I really wish games like these didn't have Platinums, and when they do there's always multiple lists. Like world of nubla has like 6 lists. This is the the miniature version of the steam achievements.

This is part of the reason why I couldn't care less about Steam achievements, they're effectively meaningless, especially with some larger games having no achievements and small games having insane amounts. I'll list five of the bigger games in my Steam library that have no achievements.

• Saints Row 2
  • X-Blades
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • Conan Exiles (This is still early access, so that could be why)

The Steam game I have with the most achievements is Train Simulator, which was gifted to me by a friend, it has 979 achievements total, there's no way I would have the patience to try get that many achievements for one game.

Edited by Lady Blanc
Spelling errors.

I tried considering going for steam achievements but.. They just don't give the same satisfaction as trophies are for me.
There's no separation of what easy and difficult trophies are or such, there's no real care in it, just, here's a bunch of shit you can do if you want to.

If they made it more interesting, I'd probably try get more there as well!

On 8/11/2017 at 2:46 PM, aZombieDictator said:

"44,000 hours" I can guarantee you that's from going idle for achievements and trading cards lol

I should hope that includes idle. 44,275 hours is over 5 years.

Edited by pyrotempestwing
Post went wonky there

43 minutes ago, pyrotempestwing said:

I should hope that includes idle. 44,275 hours is over 5 years.

Well damn. I didn't bother to do the math lol. But that dude probably had like 5-10 games open at a time all the time.