Major Warning: Glitch Raid!

Warning to anyone who is trying to get the platinum: You will probably end up not getting the platinum until you do ten playthroughs of the main story because there are some major glitches that will force you to skip minigames. These are basically the minigames involving creating the potions in the hut and the one involving making over your character to disguise yourself as Lilly. YOU CANNOT RESET THESE MINIGAMES IF YOU SCREW UP meaning if you make a single mistake, you won't be able to complete the minigame and will be forced to skip it, voiding the trophy for no skipping. I found this out the hard way while playing the game on another account and now I am on my 6th playthrough. What's even more d**ksh is, unlike the other Artifex Mundi titles, to get the no skip and 100% puzzle trophies, you also have to do no skip and 100% of all puzzles in the bonus chapter. With Grim Legends 2 coming out this month, we need to warn Artifex Mundi about these problems or people will hate the Grim Legends series.

I just platted it this week and had no troubles. I'm not sure how you can screw up in the mini-games. If you try to combine the wrong ingredients, the controller will buzz and the game will say that you can't do that.

Also, why 10 playthroughs? The game is cumulative and counts your puzzles no matter what playthrough.

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Also, why 10 playthroughs? The game is cumulative and counts your puzzles no matter what playthrough.

Sorry I was exaggerating out of frustration. I redid the story five times. The makeup puzzle wasn't glitched after all, I didn't notice the eye pencil in the corner. The guide I was using had the numbers both on the jar so I thought I had missed something. The first two plays were my mistakes and the third was the part where you make the healing salve and I could find no way to remove the mandrake from the scales because I put too much on it. I learned from my mistakes but that bug should not be there, in Clockwork Tales messing up the bartending puzzle wasn't the end, you could drain the glass and start over. :(

Anyways, sorry to cause a panic attack, I finally got the platinum after 24 hours on the game. Worst timing ever.

10 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Sorry I was exaggerating out of frustration. I redid the story five times. The makeup puzzle wasn't glitched after all, I didn't notice the eye pencil in the corner. The guide I was using had the numbers both on the jar so I thought I had missed something. The first two plays were my mistakes and the third was the part where you make the healing salve and I could find no way to remove the mandrake from the scales because I put too much on it. I learned from my mistakes but that bug should not be there, in Clockwork Tales messing up the bartending puzzle wasn't the end, you could drain the glass and start over. :(

Anyways, sorry to cause a panic attack, I finally got the platinum after 24 hours on the game. Worst timing ever.

I got stuck on the eyeliner part too.  It's not obvious that the pencil is a tool in the mini-game. As for the mandrake, I discovered by accident that there is a dump bucket off to the side if you screw up your ingredients. You can pick up your mistake and toss it to begin anew. Hopefully, this information will help someone in the future.

But glad you got the platinum! I really enjoy Artifex Mundi games when I feel like having a relaxed, passive gaming session. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

I got stuck on the eyeliner part too.  It's not obvious that the pencil is a tool in the mini-game. As for the mandrake, I discovered by accident that there is a dump bucket off to the side if you screw up your ingredients. You can pick up your mistake and toss it to begin anew. Hopefully, this information will help someone in the future.

But glad you got the platinum! I really enjoy Artifex Mundi games when I feel like having a relaxed, passive gaming session. 

Thanks for the tip. I didn't see the bucket because I was too busy raging. Maybe my time would have been normal(5 hours) had I seen that the first time. xD

Anyways, working on the Nightmares from the Deep games. Will have the current collection finished, that is until Grim Legends 2 comes out this month. ;) (Actually, just on the eve of September, it's coming out on the 29th, which sucks as I have to go to the dentist on that date. September 26 is when we'll get Eventide 2.)

(If anyone wants to lock this thread, it's fine with me. It was a false alarm anyways.)

Edited by MidnightCJ

too hard unlocked fine today, beware of one nasty game ender. in the cave where you have to get the bean. make sure to grab both things (avoid the spirt until grab both items). it ended my game on chapter 2.

as i forgot to grab the other item it wouldn't let me click on it. reason why i'm putting this here.

Edited by kingdrake2

9 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

too hard unlocked fine today, beware of one nasty game ender. in the cave where you have to get the bean. make sure to grab both things (avoid the spirt until grab both items). it ended my game on chapter 2.

as i forgot to grab the other item it wouldn't let me click on it. reason why i'm putting this here.

I've had a similar glitch in Eventide when you have to make the fireworks. In the corridor, there is a spot on the right which has an electric fan in it. After you free the fairy(forgot his name, it was the chipmunk one) and unlocked the combination on the suitcase in the left side of the corridor, you need to zoom in on the fan and fix the cord, but the first time I played it glitched out and thought I had done everything in that spot and wouldn't let me zoom in on it, so I couldn't get the fuse and complete the game. I'm sure Artifex Mundi is working on fixing these glitches in future games.

But I never had any trouble with that problem you mention. Grabbing the fairy spirit shuts down the zoom-in on the moon bean and you can't get it? That's odd, never happened to me. Then again, I didn't grab the fairy until I got both items.

• 8 months later...