Tech help with Android phone

Sundr0wn_

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 (horrendous condition, but still works), and i got all my music stored on a micro SD-Card. I use the standard music App that is preinstalled on android. Now because this App only allows for a certain amount of Songs in one playlist, i use folders on the card to assort my songs.

Only nuissance with this is that it displays the songs with the name of the file instead of the songtitel. In every other category (Titels, Albums, Artist, etc.) it displays the songtitel. 

Is there any way to display it in my folders like this too?

16 hours ago, thekiffer21 said:

Here's what it looks like

Rhcxr6.png

VPAUAc.png

Edit: well those came out tinier than a bloody pea

Hmm, I probably won't be much help then and maybe someone who knows more can chime in, but I don't think there would be an easy solution to this outside of manually changing each and every song. I remember I spent loads of times getting all the info correct in my iTunes library only to have it show differently when I ported the songs to Google Music. 

• Like 1

Yeah i use iTunes too to get everything perfectly well and standardized. But porting fucks it up yeah, that's why i just click and drag to the sd-card. It displays everything perfectly fine on my phone, except for when i go to the folders.

I dont wanna edit everything individualy since there are over 2200 songs on there x')

• Like 1

On 8/13/2017 at 10:31 AM, thekiffer21 said:

Here's what it looks like

Rhcxr6.png

VPAUAc.png

Edit: well those came out tinier than a bloody pea

It looks the song you're playing right now has a song name? I don't really see the issue, can you explain or send another screenshot? I've got a Samsung too, with the same app. And it displays file title only when there is no song title. The rest works just fine. 

It displays all the song titels fine, except for if i go directly to the folders on the app. There it displays the file names.

And since it asorted my music through the folders, that's where i usualy go to listen to stuff.

Here like this:

9m9pNy.png

LCgx29.png

Just thinking outloud, but is there a way in iTunes to choose how they name the songs? (Like song title="tracknumber songname")?

Otherwise, select your entire iTunes library and delete the track numbers. This is all assuming that iTunes updates song names, which I'm not positive on (it's been 5+ years since I used itunes) (gosh I'm old)

AKA I have no idea what I'm talking about but I have a desire to help