No PLAT

DominicanGlory

52 minutes ago, Dominican-Glory said:

Ummmmm... What? 

That user commonly complains about people complaining in an attempt to whore likes.

OT: No Plat means no full price purchase. Devs should try to understand that adding a plat will --at a bare minimum --increase sales among trophy hunters while not affecting their sales at all with non-trophy hunters.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

It's funny that you mention someone trying to whore likes while simultaneously expecting game developers to add platinum trophies to "whore" sales.  I remember when people bought games because they might, I don't know, be fun to play.  It's crazy I know.

There's nothing wrong with whoring likes if that's what you like  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They seemed confused so I tried to explain.

Increasing sales should be in a company's best interest though, so it confuses me that they release games without platinums.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

There's nothing wrong with whoring likes if that's what you like  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They seemed confused so I tried to explain.

Increasing sales should be in a company's best interest though, so it confuses me that they release games without platinums.

You're right, in a perfect world every game would have a platinum trophy.  I 100% support more options for people that has no effect on anyone or anything else.  I just wish potentially good games wouldn't get dismissed so easily because of a lack of a trophy.  

At the same time it's your/their money so I can't really be bothered by how it is spent.  

Edited by Stevieboy
Clean up for previous edit.

51 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I know this is a site for trophies.  I understand most people here play games to earn trophies, but saying you're not buying the game because it doesn't have some little icon to give you is the strangest thing.  When the fuck did gaming become a checklist for you?  

I can't wait to play it.  I'll be getting it day one or soon thereafter.  I love me some Sonic.  

Agreed. Games are NOT something to play for a virtual icon. Trophies are meant to challenge gamers who want to go the extra mile. I find it absurd that people won't pay full price for a game with no platinum. It's not like the game having a platinum makes the game any longer or any shorter than it already is; it just doesn't have the final satisfying, consecutive "dings" once you're finished. Could they have added more trophies? Sure, Sonic Mania and EVERY game that doesn't have a platinum could, but it doesn't change the quality of the game, does it?

It's probably the same length as the original Sonic game, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic Episode 1 or Sonic Episode 2 for the PS3. Hell, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 didn't have a platinum and DEFINITELY could have. So why is everyone so surprised here? I just don't understand the outrage here...

I won't be getting this day 1, but I do plan on picking this up once the backlog dies down. In the meantime, I will definitely be listening to that soundtrack though! :)

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

This statement is true. Even games like Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 which take HOURS and HOURS to 100% don't have platinums! xD

Wow... I hate games that do that, and its always the same formula for the ones I've played, its a bunch of mildly hard trophies and the one that always gets me for that 100% is the S-rank or 5 star rank trophy that always seems to be in these download games. Why not just make them with plats since they end up being harder anyway?

1 hour ago, angelgrievous said:

I know this is a site for trophies.  I understand most people here play games to earn trophies, but saying you're not buying the game because it doesn't have some little icon to give you is the strangest thing.  When the fuck did gaming become a checklist for you?  

I can't wait to play it.  I'll be getting it day one or soon thereafter.  I love me some Sonic.  

I agree. I love trophies and love getting 100% and all the plats I can, but if a game I love lacks a plat then I'm not gonna skip on it if the game still interests me. If anything I may just get it on Mac Steam where achievements are percentage/skill based rather than rank based, but for games like this that aren't on mac I'm still sticking with the PS4 version. (Have a switch but that has no achievement system so good luck on having me try that lol)

None of the TaxMan remasters had many achievements available for them, and as others said SEGA never puts out platinums for their digital only titles. There WILL be one for Forces, but I never expected one for mania. Bit bummed there's no gold trophy though like with CD, as I got nearly all the trophies on that one before PSNow ran out.

13 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

How much does not having a Plat really lower sales? Trophy hunters are such a minority, that I have a hard time believing companies care. Unless their sole intention is to sell to that demographic, like that 1000 Top Rated game... 

It's a small percentage, but it's more than 0. There are 2423 people who have 1000 Top Rated and somewhere between 20 and 26 thousand people who have my name is mayo (depending on the number of cross buys) and that's limited to gamers tracked by this site. That's a decent amount of potential customers who may be more enticed to buy the game if they decide to add a platinum.

I'll buy a game without a plat (half of my completed games don't have platinums) but if it's something I'm not completely sure I'll enjoy like Hatoful Boyfriend or Hatsune Miku then I can't justify paying full price for the game. If it ends up flopping, I don't even have a platinum to show for it.

• Like 1

games under 10 USD with platinum trophies.

games over 15 USD without platinum trophies.

not fair. another Resident Evil 4.

I'll go to cry while playing My name is mayo.

bye.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, doordie19822015 said:

Stop with the complaining already man.The game is 25 years old and older than half the members on this site.If you love Sonic you will get it regardless if not don't buy it ,no one is forcing you.If you owned a sega system im sure you owned a Sonic game be4 so the sales won't hurt them just because there isn't a plat.:dunno:

This is a brand new game. ?

---------------

And this game having no plat is absolutely bs imo. gg Sega

Still playing it obviously since I grew up with Sonic. Just disappointed is all

Edited by Stevieboy
Unnecessary comment
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

It's a small percentage, but it's more than 0. There are 2423 people who have 1000 Top Rated and somewhere between 20 and 26 thousand people who have my name is mayo (depending on the number of cross buys) and that's limited to gamers tracked by this site. That's a decent amount of potential customers who may be more enticed to buy the game if they decide to add a platinum.

Yeah, but would these same people buy this Sonic game? They only bought those, because they knew they were quick and easy Plats. And they were a buck. This costs 20 times that, and more than likely will not be nearly as easy of a completion. If they felt a Plat would up sales by a substantial amount, I would think they would add them..

• Like 3

THIS NEEDS TO STOP! EVERY GAME DESERVES A PLAT! NETFLIX SHOULD GIVE PLATS EVERY TIME YOU FINISH WATCHING A MOVIE WITH TWO STARS AND UNDER RATING!
I REFUSE TO BUY A GAME THAT DOESN'T HAVE A PLAT!
I REFUSE TO BUY A GAME THAT HAS MULTIPLAYER TROPHIES!
I SELL MY GAMES AS SOON AS I PLAT THEM but shh don't tell devs that LOL

This is, basically, the typical fuckboi trophy slut mentality. My god I love that Nintendo still doesn't have a trophy system.

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING LOVE IT. Every day I think more and more, I might be ready to invest in a Switch. After months and months of laughing at their launch and the handheld mode 720p screen. They're starting to win me over.

A large part is because they don't give a flying fuck about achievement this or platinum that. 

Oh Boo Hoo it doesn't have a plat, must mean it's gonna suck and it can't be bought then :blah::blah: 

If a plat is your reason for not getting something like this then that is just sad, hate to think how these people played games when trophies weren't around......

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jare said:

Oh Boo Hoo it doesn't have a plat, must mean it's gonna suck and it can't be bought then :blah::blah: 

If a plat is your reason for not getting something like this then that is just sad, hate to think how these people played games when trophies weren't around......

i still 100% the shit Out of games but couldnt brag about it to anybody Just takes alot of the replay value out of a game 

Edited by Brink-2-Chaos