No PLAT

DominicanGlory

I think every game should have had a plat from day one. People gonna hunt easy plats anyway, not like it would really destroy the reputation of trophies by giving every game a plat. 

... but what do I care, I'm getting it and every other game I can on the Switch instead. Hell, I'm paying 2 bucks more for the Switch version over the PS4 version, I'm paying more to have no trophies while y'all ain't gonna buy it because there's no plat. 

18 minutes ago, GameOverComesAll said:

What I don't understand is the "It's sad that people don't think like I do or do what I do" people that inevitably show up in these threads. Does it really matter if random people buy games for a different reason than you do?

I think you miss their point.. Some posters were interested in the game, planned to buy it, but changed their minds over a trophy list? If it was based on bad reviews/price, that'd be one thing. But over a trophy list just doesn't seem logical. Maybe the devs didn't put a Plat in, to find out who the real Sonic fans are. Imagine if I didn't buy a Dragon Ball game, because it didn't have a Platinum. Some "fan" I'd be. 

As I said, waiting for a sale I'm fine with. I don't buy anything at full price, myself. But not buying it at all, because of the lack of something so insignificant as a trophy? That's just crazy. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I think you miss their point.. Some posters were interested in the game, planned to buy it, but changed their minds over a trophy list? If it was based on bad reviews/price, that'd be one thing. But over a trophy list just doesn't seem logical. Maybe the devs didn't put a Plat in, to find out who the real Sonic fans are. Imagine if I didn't buy a Dragon Ball game, because it didn't have a Platinum. Some "fan" I'd be. 

As I said, waiting for a sale I'm fine with. I don't buy anything at full price, myself. But not buying it at all, because of the lack of something so insignificant as a trophy? That's just crazy. 

It seems more like you have missed my point. Who decides what is significant or not? You? Why is it illogical to buy a video game for the reason you want? You actually think the developers care who the "real fans" are? I don't think you, or anyone else posting here, is in any position to say who is crazy.

• Like 1

If this game were to have a platinum (considering this game has 18 trophies) it would easily be able to have one. Firstly, you will need to change the grades for the trophies. Make the three silver trophies all gold, then make five out of the 15 bronze trophies gold and make the rest of the bronze trophies silver which adds up to 1020 points. Then secondly, add a platinum trophy to it (which has 180 points, then add the 1020 points which equals 1200 points). Then the game will end up having 19 total trophies and lets just say it has one platinum, eight gold trophies and 10 silver trophies.

But no, SEGA, or Sony (depending on who decides whether a game has the chance of have a platinum or not) basically pointed the the middle finger at the PSN trophy hunting community by making it only an 100% only game with 18 total trophies, 3 silvers and 15 bronzes with the full point cap for an 100% game (which is 315 points, any more would mean the game would have a dlc trophy pack with it, which will most certainly never be the case for this game).

Sorry if it was confusing to understand what I said above, I did try to make it as simple as I could make it.

2 hours ago, mrobinson91 said:

Can't believe the amount of people who don't want the game because it doesn't have a platinum...!! It sucks that it doesn't but I'm still good to enjoy the game

Ikr?? The game is shaping up to be the BEST Sonic game ever made with the best stages in the series +4 new ones(?) And there are still people complaining about the game not having a platinum... I am disappointed too but I am so hyped to play one of the best looking and best sounding Sonic games ever since Sonic 3 & Knuckes

18 minutes ago, Venocide said:

Digital only Sega games never have plats. Stop crying over it. 

Most digital only Sega games don't have a $70 collector's edition with a statue.

Sure, the game will probably be 4 hours to 100%, but it's not as if Sonic Forces is getting a special edition like that.

Some of the hardest, long grinding games out there have no plat. '10 Second Ninja' to name one. I don't think I'm gonna invest hours and hours into a game that doesn't have a plat. Call me what you want but that's how I feel. I'd prefer it if a plat was awarded based on difficulty because some of them without are the hardest games out there.

11 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

Some of the hardest, long grinding games out there have no plat. '10 Second Ninja' to name one. I don't think I'm gonna invest hours and hours into a game that doesn't have a plat. Call me what you want but that's how I feel. I'd prefer it if a plat was awarded based on difficulty because some of them without are the hardest games out there.

I completely agree with your point there! :highfive: I couldn't have worded that better myself.

2 hours ago, mrobinson91 said:

Can't believe the amount of people who don't want the game because it doesn't have a platinum...!! It sucks that it doesn't but I'm still good to enjoy the game

ill get it but i have a firm Dont pay over $15 if it doest have a plat rule, whats angering is apparently to get your game to have a plat all a dev has to do is say they want a plat in their game and sony will let them 

Edited by Brink-2-Chaos
  • Like 1

Why would you expect a 2D Sonic game that could belong in the era before PlayStation even existed to have a platinum? This isn't Sonic Forces. Also, 1, 2 and CD didn't get plats either. I'm glad this one didn't get one because it'd devalue the one in Forces.

People who let this stop them from getting the game despite the fact it looks like a true Sonic 4 probably didn't really want the game in the first place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

People who have 100 plus plats will say "This should of had a platinum" I'm one of them who is disappointed in no plat.

Then you get the gamers who have 30 plats and say "Stop with the nagging and enjoy the game regardless of no plat" 

xDxDxD Fickle 

What? I have 100+ and I certainly don't believe this should've had a platinum.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Why would you expect a 2D Sonic game that could belong in the era before PlayStation even existed to have a platinum? This isn't Sonic Forces. Also, 1, 2 and CD didn't get plats either. I'm glad this one didn't get one because it'd devalue the one in Forces.

People who let this stop them from getting the game despite the fact it looks like a true Sonic 4 probably didn't really want the game in the first place.

2017-08-13_10h38_02.png

Edited by MMDE

7 hours ago, doordie19822015 said:

sales won't hurt them just because there isn't a plat.:dunno:

Shitty games sold like crazy just because thwy had a ridiculous easy platinum like the mayo jar game and that puzzle game that had to be pulled from the store because Sony realised it was a moneygrab for trophies.

Anyway, most of the gamers don't care about trophies (but these gamers are often the ones that only buy Fifa/CoD games on release day and just play those). 

For those who care about trophies, naving or not having platinum can be really important. In my case it doesn't really matter, but if Crash trilogy hadn't had 3 separate platinums, I wouldn't have bought it on day one and have waited for a sale or price drop.

With this Sonic game, I'm waiting for a price drop because there is no extra motivation of a possible platinum.