No PLAT

DominicanGlory

Platinum or not, I just wish the trophy list made use of all the content available in the game.

There's a whole time trial mode that's completely gone ignored in the trophy list. It's Sonic, a game that's all about going as fast as you can.

There are three characters who can take different paths only accessible to them. There may even be unique boss fights if it's anything like Sonic 3.

A competitive racing mode, which may or may not be online. I know people don't like that sort of thing, but still.

And whatever else hasn't been revealed yet.

It doesn't even look like you need to see the true ending.

It's just a disappointing list all around. Adventure 1 and 2 didn't have platinums but at least you still had to do everything for 100%

• Like 1

Developers, please stop this. We know that its possible to give a platinum to any game, doesn't matter if digital only, 3 minutes long or a small indie title. I believe even Greg Miller talked with someone at Sony which stated this himself, its all up to the developers.

Trophies matters for a lot of people, to some it matters so much that they might not buy your game because of this and to some it just makes it so much more boring to not run for the platinum. I was hyped as hell to play this game and run for the platinum, but lo and behold...

Developers if you see this, trophies doesn't matter to all, but it makes a huge chunk of the audience happy or pissed off depending on how you do it. Please don't continue giving amazing games this treatment (Looking at you Mega Man Collection and Sonic Mania)

19 minutes ago, MarsipanRumpan said:

Developers, please stop this. We know that its possible to give a platinum to any game, doesn't matter if digital only, 3 minutes long or a small indie title. I believe even Greg Miller talked with someone at Sony which stated this himself, its all up to the developers.

do 

Trophies matters for a lot of people, to some it matters so much that they might not buy your game because of this and to some it just makes it so much more boring to not run for the platinum. I was hyped as hell to play this game and run for the platinum, but lo and behold...

Developers if you see this, trophies doesn't matter to all, but it makes a huge chunk of the audience happy or pissed off depending on how you do it. Please don't continue giving amazing games this treatment (Looking at you Mega Man Collection and Sonic Mania)

This is true, trophies matter to a lot of people (including me), but I don't agree with people saying they won't buy thegame just because it doesn't have a platinum...

I loved playing Hitman, Tokyo Jungle, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition, Hamster Ball and many other amazing titles that do not have platinums, if I'd skipped them I would have lost a lot of fun memories with those game

7 hours ago, GameOverComesAll said:

It seems more like you have missed my point. Who decides what is significant or not? You? Why is it illogical to buy a video game for the reason you want? You actually think the developers care who the "real fans" are? I don't think you, or anyone else posting here, is in any position to say who is crazy.

Sometimes people need to hear how ridiculous they sound. They're free to do what they want. They're also free to ignore anyone that questions their decision. But it just seems like a very petty reason to not buy the game. I could fire your question right back at you. Why do you care that we care? 

Your original point was this: "It's sad that people don't think like I do or do what I do." Did you ever think they're sad, because the game might not meet sales expectations? Leading to no more sonic games? I doubt anyone really cares whether someone here buys a game or not. But it's in the success of the game's best interest to do so. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dominican-Glory said:

Ughhhh. This needs to stop 

Yeah, you're right: these threads need to stop. Seriously, who cares if this games has a platinum trophy or not? The idea that having no platinum trophy devalues a game is outright stupid. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, OobiGod said:

This game looks hype af. I'm gonna get it anyway (on the switch cause i don't have a ps4/xbone) but it wouldn't matter to me if there's no platinum. I play games for fun then trophies come after.

This guy knows it ^-^

So Sad, :( i literally jumped with joy when they announced Sonic mania, I literally grew up with Sonic and the game was one of my first games ever. 

However like some mentioned, back then trophies weren't a thing but we didn't even know they could exist, fast forward to today and they're a big chunk of replayability for most of us, so seeing a great game like that without platinum really hurts my soul :(

Hope I wasn't so dramatic but I'm upset with then. 

14 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

It's even more disappointing the fact this is the first Sonic game to actually set foot on an 8th generation console (besides the Wii U, 3DS and the PS Vita) and also having no platinum trophy. I mean, isn't this just a port of the original sonic game with nothing new but just the game's title? Somebody can correct me on that if i'm wrong.

4 New stages with 2 acts each from Christian Whitehead himself, and then the other 8 levels are heavily re-done levels with new gimmicks/platforms/tweaks and such. It's both old and new.

7 hours ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

I'm getting this regardless. Completely avoiding a game based upon it not having a Plat seems silly to me ?

You want to hear the sad other side to that coin??? 

As much as I looooovvve Pacman, with a few platinums and 100% completions in my list from his games, I'm currently avoiding Championship Edition 2 BECAUSE it has a plat? Confused, let me explain.....

I'm avoiding it because I was all Gung Ho about it until I realized the plat is truly tough to get, not near unattainable but it seems to be. Other gamers on  here say it needs to be patched while others say its luck based and in the end it leaves the platinum with a 2.7 Ultra Rarity rating. 

I'm sorry but I'm at a point where I'm not about to play a game, especially one I was looking forward to and from a beloved character of mine, that is going to leave a big fat incomplete on my list. It sounds lame but I've got 7 years invested in my profile and I have a high overall completion % and I'm not going to bring it down very often with a game I know I can't complete unless it means that much and Pacman just pissed me off with that stupid difficulty spike in the Adventure Mode.

Told myself I'd have to get Level 256 if I ever have an uncontrollable urge to get some attainable Pacman trophies.....

10 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

As I said, waiting for a sale I'm fine with. I don't buy anything at full price, myself. But not buying it at all, because of the lack of something so insignificant as a trophy? That's just crazy. 

It's a concept in sales known as "voting with your wallet." If enough people stay away and don't buy the game, the publisher will eventually have a meeting with their marketing division to brainstorm solutions to drive sales. Then one genius will eventually say "How about giving it a real trophy list with a platinum? It don't cost nothing. . ." And voila, everybody wins.

Do I think the most recent Hitman game would have done better with a platinum? Absolutely! I actually would have bought it because I love the series. Sad to see IO Interactive go under too. But eventually  publishers need to figure out what their core audience wants. And no, I am not talking about casual gamers who buy 1.2 games a year. I am talking about trophy hunters who buy 14.7 games a year on average.

I have no problem playing games with no Platinums. My problem is actually paying for them. When Sonic comes to PS+ I will have fun with it. I have plenty of backlog to keep me going until then.

7 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

From the maybe 5 people who care about trophies. 

Based on the number of "My Name is Mayo" Platinums tracked on this site alone your estimate is extremely short. Speaking of which, I find it fucking hysterical that some people who have that "prestigious" platinum are posting here that trophies don't  matter. Hypocrite much?

If you base your decision to buy a certain game on whether or not it has a platinum trophy, then that's the point when you need to look in the mirror and realise that trophies have ruined gaming in general for you.. It's completely stupid. I respect the fact that people enjoy collecting trophies but seriously don't start knocking companies and throwing your toys out of the pram because they don't add platinum trophies to certain games.

Personally can't wait to play this game, been following it's progress for a long time.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

Based on the number of "My Name is Mayo" Platinums tracked on this site alone your estimate is extremely short. Speaking of which, I find it fucking hysterical that some people who have that "prestigious" platinum are posting here that trophies don't  matter. Hypocrite much?

Don't get em started now, I already did that and I learned a lot of things about a lot of people.........mainly how people who claim to not care about trophies are the main ones who grabbed pitchforks and had to rally to defend the honor of prestige personified! 

I didn't call anyone out personally yet people took offense to it like I was slapping their mother in the face! When you make people look in the mirror and they don't like what they see, they feel the need to defend themselves when no one ever called them out personally. 

I learned everything I needed to know about this website. Tread lightly and don't go against the grain lest all the babies get upset at something they aren't being forced to look at in the first place!!!

Edited by tonesdad0408
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Don't get em started now, I already did that and I learned a lot of things about a lot of people.........mainly how people who claim to not care about trophies are the main ones who grabbed pitchforks and had to rally to defend the honor of prestige personified!

I learned everything I needed to know about this website. Tread lightly and don't go against the grain lest all the babies get upset at something they aren't bring forced to look at in the first place!!!

47 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

PREACH my fellow brothers, PREACH xD Tell those babies. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MarsipanRumpan said:

"this treatment"? You can still have a lot of fun getting 100% in this game and Mega Man, why does it need to have a platinum to make you hyped? Megaman and Sonic Mania are both products of a different time and are smaller titles. There's nothing wrong with this. But it means they shouldn't have a platinum, platinums should be reserved for big games like Sonic Forces, the next mainline Sonic entry.

2 hours ago, Mah2c said:

So Sad, :( i literally jumped with joy when they announced Sonic mania, I literally grew up with Sonic and the game was one of my first games ever. 

However like some mentioned, back then trophies weren't a thing but we didn't even know they could exist, fast forward to today and they're a big chunk of replayability for most of us, so seeing a great game like that without platinum really hurts my soul :(

Hope I wasn't so dramatic but I'm upset with then. 

...Trophies are still there though? You can still get replayability via trophies? What even is this post.

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

It's a concept in sales known as "voting with your wallet." If enough people stay away and don't buy the game, the publisher will eventually have a meeting with their marketing division to brainstorm solutions to drive sales. Then one genius will eventually say "How about giving it a real trophy list with a platinum? It don't cost nothing. . ." And voila, everybody wins.

Do I think the most recent Hitman game would have done better with a platinum? Absolutely! I actually would have bought it because I love the series. Sad to see IO Interactive go under too. But eventually  publishers need to figure out what their core audience wants. And no, I am not talking about casual gamers who buy 1.2 games a year. I am talking about trophy hunters who buy 14.7 games a year on average.

I have no problem playing games with no Platinums. My problem is actually paying for them. When Sonic comes to PS+ I will have fun with it. I have plenty of backlog to keep me going until then.

Hitman not having a platinum makes perfect sense, it is a prime example of how Telltale should be doing their lists - episode 1 as the base game, which doesn't have enough content to warrant a platinum, with future episodes being listed as DLC packs, because that's exactly what they are - DLC.

You're going to skip an entry of a franchise you loved because it has more trophies than it would've if it had a platinum? What?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

If you base your decision to buy a certain game on whether or not it has a platinum trophy, then that's the point when you need to look in the mirror and realise that trophies have ruined gaming in general for you.. It's completely stupid.

Really? So any opinion that doesn't match yours is stupid? Would it be stupid if I didn't  buy it because I don't like the cover art? Because I'm  allergic to hedgehogs? Because I only play sports games?My reasons, whatever they are, for buying and not buying any game are my own and I am not going to blindly follow the consensus.

How's this for an opinion; I think it is completely stupid to be so presumptuous as to call another person's opinion stupid in an open forum.

Ruined gaming, are you kidding me? Oh no, Sonic is the only game worth playing and it has no platinum. Whatever will I do? NEWSFLASH - The vast majority of quality titles nowadays have a platinum! The impact of not playing a game with a 26 year old marsupial protagonist is minimal at best.

17 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Hitman not having a platinum makes perfect sense, it is a prime example of how Telltale should be doing their lists - episode 1 as the base game, which doesn't have enough content to warrant a platinum, with future episodes being listed as DLC packs, because that's exactly what they are - DLC.

You're going to skip an entry of a franchise you loved because it has more trophies than it would've if it had a platinum? What?

I completely disagree with you. I believe EVERY triple A release should have a platinum, including Hitman. Episodic or not.

You see, thats the beauty of opinions, if we all thought the same things opinions would be worthless.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, madbuk said:

"this treatment"? You can still have a lot of fun getting 100% in this game and Mega Man, why does it need to have a platinum to make you hyped? Megaman and Sonic Mania are both products of a different time and are smaller titles. There's nothing wrong with this. But it means they shouldn't have a platinum, platinums should be reserved for big games like Sonic Forces, the next mainline Sonic entry.

...Trophies are still there though? You can still get replayability via trophies? What even is this post.

If you read my post well, you will notice that I said plat hunting and more trophies in a game provides more replayability for "some" gamers that enjoy then. For me plat or a bigger list gives a extra push to look for all the secrets in a game, when they doesn't most of us trophy hunters won't bother to grind hundred of hours for a in game badge for example. 

If this doesn't apply to you, yay, but know that opinions exists and there's no need to judge anyone based in something that may not be a deal breaker for you 

Edited by Mah2c

4 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

If you read my post well, you will notice that I said plat hunting and more trophies in a game provides more replayability for "some" gamers that enjoy then. For me plat or a bigger list gives a extra push to look for all the secrets in a game, when they doesn't most of us trophy hunters won't bother to grind hundred of hours for a in game badge for example. 

But a well-constructed list will make you get all the secrets anyway, with or without a platinum. Games can still have shitty lists where you don't have to do much even when they do have a platinum.

For example, in Sonic Adventure 1, which doesn't have a platinum, you have to do all the missions, beat the story as every character, and do all the B/A rank courses too, and find every emblem, and do all the minigames, do all the Chao stuff.

And it still has decent trophy distribution despite the fact it doesn't have a platinum and asks a lot of you.

Assassin's Creed Unity, on the otherhand, has a platinum and also has a bunch of side stories and murder mystery missions to do, yet you have to do practically none of it for the platinum.

A well-crafted list isn't defined by having a platinum or not having a platinum.