No PLAT

DominicanGlory

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

That's because of the quality of the games.  That has nothing to do if games have a platinum or not.

Apparently it does now. Poster after poster have said as much Steiner. Take all the people from this site and multiply that by however much around the world because it ain't just the ones from here that care about a platinum. Quality comes first but just like in any game everything else about it factors in. Story, characters, length, replayabilty and now trophies as well. You guys sound like these are new to you or something. Its a part of gaming now and it ain't never going away.

All the more reason why these developers and publishers should treat it like part of the whole package.

On 17/08/2017 at 9:08 PM, tonesdad0408 said:

Who cares? Why wouldn't they want more money? 

Its all fine to act cocky when things are going good but don't forget just a few years ago Sonic seemed on his last tired legs and during that period I'm sure Sega was worried about every last sale for their Sonic games. They're not in the clear yet as Forces could easily suck and knock the franchise right back down to Boom levels. In the end its foolish to assume their games will always sell because its Sonic.

Do that enough times and you piss off the real fans who aren't just casual players and then eventually your reputation is so shit even the casuals know to stay away. 

If Forces sucks, hopefully Sega will wise up and hand off future Sonic games to the Mania crew. Boom sold like shit because it was a spinoff series, and was console-exclusive to the Wii U, an already low-selling console. Forces will sell well because it's the first real Sonic game for PS4/Xbox One.

Edited by InsaneEnergy3

On 25/08/2017 at 7:49 PM, Drunk-x-Viking said:

damn i only play games with plats would have paid for this but no plat = less sales for them 

You would rather skip an amazing game instead of playing it(even if you want it) just because it doesn't have a platinum? 

• Like 2

While I would play a great game even if it doesn't have a Platinum, I wouldn't play a shitty game because it has one. Fun comes first, as it should be for everyone.

It does affect my choice in the case I'm on the fence about playing a game or not. If a decent game has a Platinum that is not that difficult to get but I'm unsure if I want to play that or something else, that Platinum can make the difference.

I kinda get disgusted when I check the highest ranked Platinum owners and see shit like Hannah Montana on their lists.

• Like 3

On 8/30/2017 at 6:47 PM, AndresLionheart said:

While I would play a great game even if it doesn't have a Platinum, I wouldn't play a shitty game because it has one. Fun comes first, as it should be for everyone.

It does affect my choice in the case I'm on the fence about playing a game or not. If a decent game has a Platinum that is not that difficult to get but I'm unsure if I want to play that or something else, that Platinum can make the difference.

I kinda get disgusted when I check the highest ranked Platinum owners and see shit like Hannah Montana on their lists.

Facts. Facts.

• 2 months later...
On 31/08/2017 at 0:47 AM, AndresLionheart said:

Or My name is Mayo x.x 

• 1 year later...

I'm not someone who is a hardliner when it comes to games having platinums or no platinums. I have a fair amount of sole 100%'s on my resumé (Brothers A Tale of Two Sons, Agatha Christie Murders, The Unfinished Swan, Tiny Brains) and I recently bought Risk of Rain which I'm going to play soon even though it has no platinum. That being said, I want to finally play a Sonic game again and yet this being on sale for $15 at the moment is still holding me back because of that one huge missing factor. I know what people will say in that "if it's a great game, who cares!" and I do believe that's fair but I hesitate spending more than $10 on games without platinums. Usually gotta be $5 or below even. I'll hold off for now but I hope in the future this happens less since it undoubtedly makes at least a few people hold back on deciding to make a purchase. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I wish Sonic Mania Plus would of had its own list or at least add on to Sonic Mania.

The other characters remind old school Sonic fans of Knuckles Chaotix, a bit of an obscure game that made it's way onto the SEGA 32X, which was a flop.

The Sega 32X sucked hard! I feel like I’m getting flashbacks of horrible gaming...thanks man! ?

• 2 years later...
On 8/12/2017 at 8:53 PM, angelgrievous said:

I know this is a site for trophies.  I understand most people here play games to earn trophies, but saying you're not buying the game because it doesn't have some little icon to give you is the strangest thing.  When the fuck did gaming become a checklist for you?  

I can't wait to play it.  I'll be getting it day one or soon thereafter.  I love me some Sonic.  

Likely when their brain had rushes of dopamine when they 100% a platformer on n64. That's what did it for me.