Kicking my @ss!

Wade_VC

This is probably the first game in years I've almost threw my controller. Got Freeflow Gold and Predator Gold trophies respectively, after no less than 100 attempts at them. Tried the challenges last summer in July, failed miserably, gave up, tried again in October, failed again, gave up for three months, then got both trophies through the skin of my teeth.

Now I have to do Hard difficulty which is like doing some of the combat challenges all over again. Over six hours into it and I'm rushing through the story. Just awesome. The God of War series never gave me this much trouble. I might just put this game on standby for a bit until I have the nerve to pick it up again. Poison Ivy was a pushover on Normal difficulty, what the heck happened?

Hard difficulty hasn't been as bad for me as the combat challenges, but until I read this thread today I only watched the videos. Did the four normal combat challenges and the first extreme combat challenge all on my own, predator challenges I needed to see the surroundings and scenery to get a good idea of fulfilling the three objectives to each one.

All in all enjoyable game, bit of a shame I never got around to it when it came out. Arkham City is going to be an absolute nightmare, especially if I want to 100 percent it.

Edited by Ian Lee
  • Like 2

This is probably the first game in years I've almost threw my controller. Got Freeflow Gold and Predator Gold trophies respectively, after no less than 100 attempts at them. Tried the challenges last summer in July, failed miserably, gave up, tried again in October, failed again, gave up for three months, then got both trophies through the skin of my teeth.

Now I have to do Hard difficulty which is like doing some of the combat challenges all over again. Over six hours into it and I'm rushing through the story. Just awesome. The God of War series never gave me this much trouble. I might just put this game on standby for a bit until I have the nerve to pick it up again. Poison Ivy was a pushover on Normal difficulty, what the heck happened?

Hard difficulty hasn't been as bad for me as the combat challenges, but until I read this thread today I only watched the videos. Did the four normal combat challenges and the first extreme combat challenge all on my own, predator challenges I needed to see the surroundings and scenery to get a good idea of fulfilling the three objectives to each one.

All in all enjoyable game, bit of a shame I never got around to it when it came out. Arkham City is going to be an absolute nightmare, especially if I want to 100 percent it.

The game is relatively simple of hard mode, I did it in like a day on my first try, the only difficulty I had throughout the game was defeating the two titans before the final boss lol but I think its because I was going for the Mano-o-mano trophy or whatever its called at the same time as managing them xD

The game is relatively simple of hard mode, I did it in like a day on my first try, the only difficulty I had throughout the game was defeating the two titans before the final boss lol but I think its because I was going for the Mano-o-mano trophy or whatever its called at the same time as managing them xD

Did that on the Normal difficulty. I landed a few hits then evaded when the titans were about to ground pound.

I know I'm almost done because I already been through the story mode once, but the platinum is well deserving. Arkham City is going to be a nightmare though.

Edited by Ian Lee

The best way to improve your skill in combat is to try to complete the requirements for the "Flawless Freeflow" trophy every time you have a combat encounter. You will memorise every move Batman has which will increase your score by a tonne when you get to do the extreme combat challenges. I did this for both Asylum and City, and I actually didn't finish the Extreme version of Shock and Awe (Arkham Asylum) until after I'd started playing Arkham City. It sounds lame, but practice is the key. Learning all of his moves is a lot easier in Asylum because there's less of them and don't start the Extreme combat challenges until after you unlock all of his upgrades in the story mode. Good luck :)

• Like 1

Kinda nervous now ..,.... Ne really played an Arkham game before, started asylum yesterday on hard mode loser first fight 5 times ( yep no idea what i was doing. But fine then on fairly smooth. Just on halfway through and finding it fairly ok The challanges Sound tough though

The best tip I can give you for playing an Arkham game is this... 

hit the enemy with square, double tap x facing another guy to flip over him and press square again, keep doing that to build up a combo and face the camera towards another goon to strike him. It will be extremely unlikely that you will be hit if you continue to do that :D

Did that on the Normal difficulty. I landed a few hits then evaded when the titans were about to ground pound.

I know I'm almost done because I already been through the story mode once, but the platinum is well deserving. Arkham City is going to be a nightmare though.

Not looking forward to City's DLC lol, the rest of the trophies look easy. I've already platinumed Arkham Origins which is arguably the hardest of the Arkham games to platinum due to constant game crashes, glitches and missable challenges, essentially you need to be an expert at the game on your first try or you are easily looking at between 5-7 playthroughs total. 

The best way to improve your skill in combat is to try to complete the requirements for the "Flawless Freeflow" trophy every time you have a combat encounter. You will memorise every move Batman has which will increase your score by a tonne when you get to do the extreme combat challenges. I did this for both Asylum and City, and I actually didn't finish the Extreme version of Shock and Awe (Arkham Asylum) until after I'd started playing Arkham City. It sounds lame, but practice is the key. Learning all of his moves is a lot easier in Asylum because there's less of them and don't start the Extreme combat challenges until after you unlock all of his upgrades in the story mode. Good luck :)

For Flawless Freeflow I kept repeating the normal Rumble in the Jungle challenge until I obtained it.

A rookie mistake I made was I kept using Counter instead of Evade. What makes most people fail at these challenges is a goon will strike you just as your hitting the Strike button (Square on the PS3), so you not only failed to get the Perfect Knight bonus and Freeflow bonus, your combo is broken, meaning a lot less points for that round. You can't Strike and then expect to Counter the goon who happened to time his attack exactly when you pressed Strike. This happened to me at least a hundred times in a couple challenges, and believe me I tried at least 40-50 times in the Extreme Rumble in the Jungle challenge before I finally netted 50K+ points. Mostly because the Titans broke my combo. I also didn't read on any guides, only watched videos until a couple days ago.

Shock and Awe (Extreme), not as terrible as I thought it was. I made top priority to use Takedown on the Knife goons and Stun Baton goons, evaded around a couple times, used a combination of Batarang/Batclaw when there was only 2-3 goons left, then used the Ground Takedown to get a good amount of points. I often find it better for the one goon to get the gun, because he has to climb back down into the area where you are fighting the other goons. The biggest challenge is the timer, because if there are still goons left when the timer hits 0:00 (if you hadn't just finished the round by then), you fail and have to start over.

Long story finished, I feel proud to have earned that trophy. Now I just need to finish story mode and I'll have that platinum. By far the most rewarding platinum compared to the other games I've finished.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It's amazing for its time...really fun and engaging. Finished the story and Predator challenges. Started the Combat challenges, and MY GOD wtf! What a load of crap! Now I know what the fuss is about -_-

Edited by Lord Bolton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 13/6/2016 at 5:11 PM, ee28max said:

I have a tip for the newcomers in the Combat Challenges!

• Round 1 - Get a Flawless Bonus (Defeat the entire Round 1 with only 1 combo. Use different moves as possible! You'll not worry about the other rounds after obtaining the Flawless Bonus.
  • Round 2 - Just use the evade ( :cross:) and the batclaw (tap  :r2:) + the batarangs ( :r1:) and then ground pound ( :r2::triangle:)
  • Round 3 - Repeat what you did in Round 2, but use the stun ( :circle:).
  • Round 4 - Combine everything!    

I can't beat combat challenges, I only have 3/8 with 3 ''stars'' :(
I will try this, thank you! :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm happy I plat this game today", Shock and Awe (Extreme) & non extreme are the most interesting because it has timer", I beat the 4th wave with 0:00 time remaining with 2 henchmen remaining; I batarang & ground pound the 2 remaining before it totally close the stage(Extreme)", I spent more or less 5hrs practicing & learning the weaknesses of Shock and Awe (Extreme) & non extreme. You should at least 26,000 when you reach 4th wave because it's hard to perfect a small ring with many enemies!

Edit: I beat all extreme challenges using batarang most of the time after ground pound or evade+batarang especially those who grab guns and boxes", 

Edited by ReverzerO

• 1 year later...