Scam Alert

greenthumb727

6 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am just curious...how does visiting a site enable someone to steal your credit card info.

I mean are people stupidly putting their CC info into random sites now?

The ones I've seen posted ask you to go to a webcam site, but claim that you need to enter your credit card information as an age-checking measure.

So yeah, they are

2 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

The ones I've seen posted ask you to go to a webcam site, but claim that you need to enter your credit card information as an age-checking measure.

So yeah, they are

Well then that is their fault. I mean that is like clicking the "sexy singles in your area" link and not realizing it is weird that 42 women all of a sudden want to meet and have sex with you.

7 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

So yeah, they are

How stupid do you have to be to fall for something like this? How does putting in a credit card number verify someone's age? lol.

24 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

So yeah, they are

If I had to guess there's probably some way they're hacking your account from the messages. Considering everyone is saying not to respond to them at all. Might be kinda like the ps3 when people on your friends list could hack into your account.

I've got a few messages on PSN (I'd say like 2 or 3) simply saying "hi" from users with the default psn squared smiley face avatar and level 1 or 0 of trophies.

All I simply do is:

Delete messages and move on with my life.

Edited by Crzy Minus

44 minutes ago, Kubanga said:

If I had to guess there's probably some way they're hacking your account from the messages. Considering everyone is saying not to respond to them at all. Might be kinda like the ps3 when people on your friends list could hack into your account.

I'm not an expert on all this hacking bullshit, but i find it hard to believe that they can do it so easily. I might do exactly what Geodood said and block everyone but friends from sending me messages just to be safe anyway. 

Edited by hpknight

the guy in the video looks like a younger one of the main singer from talking heads.

Also I must ask this, who does add people who have no trophies at all or games? As the only time I see that happening is if you know them and they just got started with games and so on.

Edited by KANERKB

I get these on my alts (I have 8 of them over three consoles) sometimes...recommendation: just ignore...the same bot never seems to message more than once and ignoring hasn't had any negative repercussions...it's possible they tend to target new accounts and ones that have fewer trophies...maybe this symbolizes "noob" meaning more potentential for naiveté to them?...no idea...theory could be wrong...never got any on my main...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, White_Key_86 said:

I just had a back & fourth with a bot on my 2nd account I've only had for 3 days. I've never had a scam message on my main acc I've had for 3 years, are the scams region based? USA vs AUS?

Not sure. I'm in the US if that helps. But I doubt it would only be limited to one region. 

On a side note, these credit card theft tactics have really gotten out of hand. It's just ridiculous how far these thieves will go to take something that isn't theirs, no matter how stupid some of these tactics are. Like say, messaging people on PSN.

• Like 1

I just made an account yesterday and that account I have received an annymous message saying "Hey I saw your name on ps4 and I would like to be your friend. I have so many games to share with. Add me ok? How old are you are you a girl/boy?"

This is getting out of hand. How in the world knows my id name when I just set that new account no friends added.. really creepy..

• Like 1