100% Difficulty - Original vs EX

ElMauricius

On 13/08/2017 at 4:31 AM, maurocastronovo said:

For those who don't know about this version:

The arcade requirements like 1cc and "beat arcade using only the primary weapon" became a lot easier since you can play on an easier difficulty setting (the PS3 version you had to play on Hard, in this version you can play on Challenging), the differences in Challenging is that enemies have lower health, you get more time and getting hit only loses 5 seconds, on Hard getting hit loses 10 seconds.

However, the requirement for "beat a level on Insane without picking anything" is harder in this version because Insane mode is removed in Arcade mode so you have to do in Score Attack, unlike the ps3 version where it's easier IMO to just have to beat the first level picking power ups to deal the next level without picking anything in Arcade mode, you have to beat an entire level with just your pea shooter, 2 sub-weapons, limited capsule, no time extend and no shield. Level 5 is probably the easiest to do it IMO,  you may need to do some button-mashing..... and some luck with the RNG...

Another good thing about this version is that you can slow down your ship for more precise movement.

For the play time hours, if you have a second controller (changing profiles won't work here) select Versus, choose the minigame Domus Mea Et Praecepta Mea and leave it idle.

Oh, I recommend using 16:10 ratio because the 16:9 ratio is somewhat ****ed up with the left and right sides being cropped to the game area, just look at this:

16:10 Ratio:

Reveal hidden contents

vXKtyOt.jpg

16:9 Ratio:

Reveal hidden contents

7FofFfL.jpg

And no, I didn't cut anything.

I'm currently going for all the A's in score attack. Holy fucking shit it tough as balls! I barely manage to get to the end of some stages let alone get an A lol. God bless the reflect capsule is all I can say.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2017 at 4:31 AM, maurocastronovo said:

The arcade requirements like 1cc and "beat arcade using only the primary weapon" became a lot easier since you can play on an easier difficulty setting (the PS3 version you had to play on Hard, in this version you can play on Challenging), the differences in Challenging is that enemies have lower health, you get more time and getting hit only loses 5 seconds, on Hard getting hit loses 10 seconds.

However, the requirement for "beat a level on Insane without picking anything" is harder in this version because Insane mode is removed in Arcade mode so you have to do in Score Attack, unlike the ps3 version where it's easier IMO to just have to beat the first level picking power ups to deal the next level without picking anything in Arcade mode, you have to beat an entire level with just your pea shooter, 2 sub-weapons, limited capsule, no time extend and no shield. Level 5 is probably the easiest to do it IMO,  you may need to do some button-mashing..... and some luck with the RNG...

Another good thing about this version is that you can slow down your ship for more precise movement.

For the play time hours, if you have a second controller (changing profiles won't work here) select Versus, choose the minigame Domus Mea Et Praecepta Mea and leave it idle.

Oh, I recommend using 16:10 ratio because the 16:9 ratio is somewhat ****ed up with the left and right sides being cropped to the game area, just look at this:

Reveal hidden contents

vXKtyOt.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

7FofFfL.jpg

Jesus Christ. I'm only missing one requirement for Dies Irae. Complete a stage in insane without pickups. I'm using stage one. The furthest I have got is the tunnels and I nearly always run out of time. The only way it's possible is to kill every worm in the tunnel. I tried Stage 5 like you said but it seems ridiculously hard. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/12/2017 at 11:31 PM, maurocastronovo said:

Reveal hidden contents

vXKtyOt.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

7FofFfL.jpg

Is vita harder than ps4 version 

• 1 month later...
On 01/03/2018 at 7:00 AM, DeathShark22 said:

Holy shit, that game is hard as balls. I´m already struggling just to finish the story on challenging mode:D But other than that really an awesome game. 

Which version are you talking about. Ur profile is set to private.

30 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

Which version are you talking about. Ur profile is set to private.

Oh man, yesterday i changed my privacy settings by mistake ahahah. I´ll change it back tonight.

Im playing the PS4 version, right now i´m in the middle of chapter III on my challenging run of the story mode. I´m just having a hard time because when i start the stage i start with my weapon with no upgrades and im often running out of time. But i think i´ll have to practice a bit more:D.

I see. Keep at it. You will get through. When you get too doing the A ranks on score attack, you always start with a level 1 weapon anyway, so consider it good practice ?

I pretty much have a full playlist of the game if its of any use to you. Some gameplay is old though, so my performance is a little up and down as times, due to not being familiar sith the game at the time.

• Like 1

Dont worry, I wasnt even able to finish it on normal mode in my test run of the game. It's a genre I've never really played before and at the moment I dont really feel playing it. Will continue, when motivation is back.

Thanks for your vids, I'll definately will check them out, if I am stuck.

1 hour ago, KaKrackle said:

I see. Keep at it. You will get through. When you get too doing the A ranks on score attack, you always start with a level 1 weapon anyway, so consider it good practice 1f44c.png

I pretty much have a full playlist of the game if its of any use to you. Some gameplay is old though, so my performance is a little up and down as times, due to not being familiar sith the game at the time.

Oh wow, thank you for the videos:) Ah ok i understand, so it´s good im already practicing the A Ranks:). I´ll keep updating the thread on how it´s going. 

On 2.3.2018 at 2:23 PM, KaKrackle said:

Nice to see some love for this game again. Im thinking of doing the ps3 version soon for a full stack.

I wanted to play this for a long time, but since i didn´t have a Vita i waited (never knew it was out also for PS3). Now i´m happy that it´s also available for PS4.

Btw thanks to your videos i made it past Chapter 3, Papa Carlos was really difficult when you get hit a lot before fighting him and loosing the upgrades of your primary. Now i´m nearly finished with callenging Story mode, just missing stage 6+7.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 13.08.2017 at 7:31 AM, maurocastronovo said:

Any ideas how to do this? May be im blind, but cant find  video resolution settings in options. Its way harder to play when you cant see your ships and enemies lol. Changed settings on my tv, but even with the best resolution my screen isnt full. First game on ps4 and ps3 with such problem anyway.

4 hours ago, Tyrantraxus said:

Any ideas how to do this? May be im blind, but cant find  video resolution settings in options. Its way harder to play when you cant see your ships and enemies lol. Changed settings on my tv, but even with the best resolution my screen isnt full. First game on ps4 and ps3 with such problem anyway.

I remember the option to change the resolution is a bit hidden, but it can be found in the options menu, i just can´t tell you exactly where...

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 1-3-2018 at 8:00 AM, DeathShark22 said:

Holy shit, that game is hard as balls. I´m already struggling just to finish the story on challenging mode:D But other than that really an awesome game. 

Bump.

I just started the game but I have a question about story mode. I just played it on normal and got to the epilogue but ran out of continues so I didn’t finish it. (Need to do some boss practice) If I want to do story mode on challenging can I use stage select to unlock the alternative narration? Or do I need to beat it in one go? Is the epilogue required? Because it’s not on stage select...

4 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Bump.

I just started the game but I have a question about story mode. I just played it on normal and got to the epilogue but ran out of continues so I didn’t finish it. (Need to do some boss practice) If I want to do story mode on challenging can I use stage select to unlock the alternative narration? Or do I need to beat it in one go? Is the epilogue required? Because it’s not on stage select...

Just go to story mode -> stage select and then choose Stage VII (thats the epilogue). To unlock alternative narration you need to clear every stage on challenging. The game keeps track of it and you don´t need to beat it in one go. So for example you can die on Stage III and the game will track the first two levels as cleared on challenging. Go back to stage select and start from level III.

Nice to see someone playing this game, have fun:)

Edited by DeathShark22
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, DeathShark22 said:

Just go to story mode -> stage select and then choose Stage VII (thats the epilogue). To unlock alternative narration you need to clear every stage on challenging. The game keeps track of it and you don´t need to beat it in one go. So for example you can die on Stage III and the game will track the first two levels as cleared on challenging. Go back to stage select and start from level III.

Nice to see someone playing this game, have fun:)

Thanks. One more question though. Can I use stage select for the ‘finish the story using only your primary weapon’ too? So far I’m really enjoying this game, I actually wanted to get 2 quick trophies yesterday to get to an A rank, ended up playing for 8 hours straight ?.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

57 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Thanks. One more question though. Can I use stage select for the ‘finish the story using only your primary weapon’ too? So far I’m really enjoying this game, I actually wanted to get 2 quick trophies yesterday too get to an A rank, ended up playing for 8 hours straight 1f601.png.

Yes, you can select stage VII and clear it with primary only and it will count:). Let me now how it goes, i am sure you will have no trouble finishing the game=)

On 21-1-2019 at 4:25 PM, DeathShark22 said:

Yes, you can select stage VII and clear it with primary only and it will count:). Let me now how it goes, i am sure you will have no trouble finishing the game=)

I just tried this a few times and it didn’t work. I’ve looked at the guide at .org just now, (stupid, should have done it earlier), and it looks like you need a full run of story mode to get it. I’ll also try stage select to see if that works. Thanks again.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

10 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I just tried this a few times and it didn’t work. I’ve looked at the guide at .org just now, (stupid, should have done it earlier), and it looks like you need a full run of story mode to get it. I’ll also try stage select to see if that works. Thanks again.

Damn, sorry, you are right, you need a full run with primary only. I was thinking about clearing story mode without using a continue, that one you can cheese by doing stage VII without dying. You can do primary only on normal with alternative narration since you get more continues on that run.

Edited by DeathShark22