ElMauricius

100% Difficulty - Original vs EX

44 posts in this topic

Are the exact score requirements known for each stage for A ranking score attack mode?

 

It feels like I’m trying too hard. After 2 hours of trying I got an A rank on score attack stage 1 with a score of 52 mil. (Haven’t played this game in 6 months hence the 2 hours) But when I went through arcade mode to practice and familiarize myself with the game again I also got an A rank with around 44 mil. That’s a pretty big difference. If I knew the exact score requirements I wouldn’t need to be as perfect on a run as I think I should be. (I tend to restart a lot if I think I’m doing bad on a run)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Are the exact score requirements known for each stage for A ranking score attack mode?

 

It feels like I’m trying too hard. After 2 hours of trying I got an A rank on score attack stage 1 with a score of 52 mil. (Haven’t played this game in 6 months hence the 2 hours) But when I went through arcade mode to practice and familiarize myself with the game again I also got an A rank with around 44 mil. That’s a pretty big difference. If I knew the exact score requirements I wouldn’t need to be as perfect on a run as I think I should be. (I tend to restart a lot if I think I’m doing bad on a run)

 

I kind of think i saw them in a guide when i did Sine Mora, but i can’t find them right now. I had the same problem, i restarted the run sooo often, and then i finished a not so good run an got the A ranking. But just think about it as practice for the Arcade and Insane run:).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeathShark22 said:

 

I kind of think i saw them in a guide when i did Sine Mora, but i can’t find them right now. I had the same problem, i restarted the run sooo often, and then i finished a not so good run an got the A ranking. But just think about it as practice for the Arcade and Insane run:).

Thanks. I’ll figure it out. If you happen to come across the scores you can always post them. What do you consider the hardest stages in score attack? So far I’ve only done 1 and 7. Haven’t tried the rest but I want to tackle them from easy to hard.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Thanks. I’ll figure it out. If you happen to come across the scores you can always post them. What do you consider the hardest stages in score attack? So far I’ve only done 1 and 7. Haven’t tried the rest but I want to tackle them from easy to hard.

 

Will do:). Hm, the hardest for me are stage 4 and 6 I would say, although I also struggled a lot on stage 2 because if you don‘t get enough firepower in the first part you have a much harder time later on. So it is a bit luck dependent I’d say.

 

Stage 4 is just in general difficult and stage 6 has Domus which can be a pain (I always practiced him until i could do the path consistently). You also need a specific pilot for stage 6 to kill enough enemies in the minefield before domus for the A rank. 

 

However the hardest part by far was the insane run for me, that really pushed me to my limits:D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeathShark22 said:

 

Will do:). Hm, the hardest for me are stage 4 and 6 I would say, although I also struggled a lot on stage 2 because if you don‘t get enough firepower in the first part you have a much harder time later on. So it is a bit luck dependent I’d say.

 

Stage 4 is just in general difficult and stage 6 has Domus which can be a pain (I always practiced him until i could do the path consistently). You also need a specific pilot for stage 6 to kill enough enemies in the minefield before domus for the A rank. 

 

However the hardest part by far was the insane run for me, that really pushed me to my limits:D

Thanks man, all I did today was practice bosses. I can get through Domus real quick now. I’m getting close to 100%. A few more challenges left...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Thanks man, all I did today was practice bosses. I can get through Domus real quick now. I’m getting close to 100%. A few more challenges left...

 

Good luck man, let me know how Insane went:). I uploaded a video and a short guide here on the forum, maybe some parts can be useful for you:)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don’t understand how to get A ranks on score attack mode. So you absolutely can’t have more than 7 penalties?

 

This is the score from the trophyguide over at .org:

WKqtkLf.png

 

This is my score:

YsZ6MiH.jpg

 

This just doesn’t make any sense to me. 

 

Edit: Ofcourse I’ve posted something and did it first try afterwards. Got an A rank with a score of 54.7 mil. This time I only had 3 penalties though, so that definitely plays a big role.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that Im trying to sell my YouTube channel or anything, cuz Im really not concerned about views and subs....but heres a full playlist of A ranks plus a no items run on insane difficulty.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

Not that Im trying to sell my YouTube channel or anything, cuz Im really not concerned about views and subs....but heres a full playlist of A ranks plus a no items run on insane difficulty.

 

Thanks! This is a lot easier to watch than the video over at .org. I think the score grade is just based on hit ratio and penalties and the actual score doesn’t even matter. Can you confirm this? I just got stage 4&6 left, is it true you need to use Koss on stage 6 to get enough hit ratio? I’d rather use someone else for this stage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Thanks! This is a lot easier to watch than the video over at .org. I think the score grade is just based on hit ratio and penalties and the actual score doesn’t even matter. Can you confirm this? I just got stage 4&6 left, is it true you need to use Koss on stage 6 to get enough hit ratio? I’d rather use someone else for this stage.

 

I remember now what i read in the guide, here: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1794-sine-mora-trophy-guide

 

Complete every stage with an A rank (S.A.) - The next ridiculously hard requirement. Once again, A rank cannot be achieved without a 90% hit ratio and <= 4 penalties.

 

Stage 6 - WARNING: THIS STAGE CAN ONLY BE DONE WITH KOSS OR MULLER. The only way to reach 90% hit ratio is to destroy the ships that appear on the left side of the floating minefield, so you need subs that dodge walls and hit behind you, which are only found in these two pilots. Prequisite score is 66 million, trust me.

 

Since Muller is exclusively on the Vita you need to use Koss for Stage 6.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DeathShark22 said:

 

I remember now what i read in the guide, here: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1794-sine-mora-trophy-guide

 

Complete every stage with an A rank (S.A.) - The next ridiculously hard requirement. Once again, A rank cannot be achieved without a 90% hit ratio and <= 4 penalties.

 

Stage 6 - WARNING: THIS STAGE CAN ONLY BE DONE WITH KOSS OR MULLER. The only way to reach 90% hit ratio is to destroy the ships that appear on the left side of the floating minefield, so you need subs that dodge walls and hit behind you, which are only found in these two pilots. Prequisite score is 66 million, trust me.

 

Since Muller is exclusively on the Vita you need to use Koss for Stage 6.

 

Thanks. One last question 😅. Do you need to destroy all parts on Domus or doesn’t that count as hit ratio. That boss is so unforgiving on hard. If I could just use reflection and blast through it, it would be so much easier.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BB-BakkerJ said:

Thanks. One last question 1f605.png. Do you need to destroy all parts on Domus or doesn’t that count as hit ratio. That boss is so unforgiving on hard. If I could just use reflection and blast through it, it would be so much easier.

 

I honestly don‘t remember, but I think you can rush through Domus and don‘t need to destroy the lasers (hopefully). You just need to destroy the ships in the minefield. Maybe @KaKrackle remembers?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DeathShark22 said:

 

I honestly don‘t remember, but I think you can rush through Domus and don‘t need to destroy the lasers (hopefully). You just need to destroy the ships in the minefield. Maybe @KaKrackle remembers?

You can blast through it. Stage 6 done ✅.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

You can blast through it. Stage 6 done 2705.png.

 

Awesome, great job:)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BB-BakkerJ Thanks. Im glad they could be of use. I recorded them when I first got the game so my gameplay is a bit shitty in places, due to the fact that I was still getting used to the game. But If you try and follow my route through stage 4 though it should get you an A-S rank though. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

@BB-BakkerJ Thanks. Im glad they could be of use. I recorded them when I first got the game so my gameplay is a bit shitty in places, due to the fact that I was still getting used to the game. But If you try and follow my route through stage 4 though it should get you an A-S rank though. 

 

Thanks man. I just finished score attack. Got an S rank on stage 4. I never knew that at the very last part of Papa Carlos you can just hover above the ‘chimney’. That saved my run 😁. Only insane, no pick ups left.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BB-BakkerJ Thats great news.

Insane, no pick ups is quite a bit harder than all them score attack A ranks though so I highly recommend you use @DeathShark22s guide. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20-7-2019 at 2:12 PM, DeathShark22 said:

 

Good luck man, let me know how Insane went:). I uploaded a video and a short guide here on the forum, maybe some parts can be useful for you:)

That worm cave is really starting to piss me off. I can get to that part pretty consistantly now, but that cave is a hell. The first worm always seems to drop something, which makes it to so narrow to dodge, but the worst part is these pick ups seem to follow me around, just floating along with me. The first time I’ll get through this cave I’ll probably screw up Matouschka 😁. Sorry, just needed to rant a bit...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still pretty nuts.

 

I think if you can do Sine Mora on your own, especially the PS3/Vita ports, you can probably do all of Resogun's DLC on your own too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.