Okami HD Coming to PS4 on December 12th

Parker

They achieved 4K for Okami on PS3, imagine what they could do now with the power of the Pro :o

Took me a while to get into it on PS3, but once I did it was fantastic. I might consider stacking it if it's ever on sale at a good price (if this is even real)

20 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I'll buy this if there's a physical version, otherwise, I don't really care too much tbh. I still have my digital copy on the PS3.

I imported the physical edition of Okami HD for PS3 because I liked the cover art so much. The rumor is the PS4 edition will get a physical edition for all regions which would certainly be nice. 

Parker

I mean are you developers really out of ideas now. Okami is a PS2 game that ported to PS3 with 'HD' graphics and now PS4? Look at the total sales for PS3. It is only 140k. Do they expect to sell more than a million copy. Hahaha what a bullshit. I'm sick of all these remastered bullshit. Who the hell cares about Okami anymore. I played it on PS3. I also used to play it on PS2. Enough is enough. I'm super excited to see how many copies will be sold LOL.

Edited by Abysm_Nucleus

I can't believe capcom would just throw money away like that, but we will see what happens. 

Just in case you don't know what I'm talking about, The Okami series for all it's releases has never sold a million units. That really bad for a game that been released on 5 different systems.

Edited by soultaker655

Yeah now I can get the Platinum again whenever I get to my last platinum that is which might be a while
Going to get the game on Xbox one as well.
Would like to see Viewtful Joe 1 & 2 and Killer 7 brought over to PS4 as well. 
Well I'm assuming it will have a separate trophy list from the PS3 anyway if not would get it regardless.
Since Okami is one of the few games I would buy for every system

This is great news if true! Okami is one of my favourite games; definitely in the top 10. I missed the game back on PS2, but I fell in love with the PS3 remaster. I'd jump at the chance to own this on PS4, especially if they are releasing it physically this time around. I NEED this in my collection! ^_^

4 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

I can't believe capcom would just throw money away like that, but we will see what happens. 

It's not like this is the only game Capcom is up-porting from PS3 to PS4 this year.  It's probably a cash grab and a nostalgia lure, because it's easier to re-master and re-release old games than it is to come up with a new IP that isn't garbage.

35 minutes ago, Zarakai1989 said:

Here's to hoping Capcom remaster the Onimusha series next.

This would be awesome, but instead they prefer remastering the same games over and over again. I'm not against them doing that, but come on Capcom! Give some of your other beloved IP some attention too. :( It doesn't even have to be a remaster; releasing them as PS2 classics on PS4 would be good enough.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

I've never played Okami, but I've always wanted to, ships in the digital night I guess, so I'd definitely pick this up on PS4, but part of me thinks Capcom are getting a bit out of hand with all the remasters and ports.   I can't slam them for MH any more, which is looking fantastic btw (MHW), but I'd really like to see either new IPs or at least re-imaginings of old, dormant, franchises, like Onimusha and Dino Crisis, or expanding on Chaos Legion or Asura's Wrath etc...   

• Like 1

I downloaded Okami on PS3 a few years back, but have yet to start playing it.  However, with regards to a PS4 version, I won't be giving Capcom any more money until they bring Onimusha back.  I'm tired of them basically just releasing endless Resident Evil games and the masses of Street Fighter rehashes.

If Onimusha is ever resurrected in any way, shape or form, I'll buy it on day one.  But Capcom will get nothing from me until that happens.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

This would be awesome, but instead they prefer remastering the same games over and over again. I'm not against them doing that, but come on Capcom! Give some of your other beloved IP some attention too. :( It doesn't even have to be a remaster; releasing them as PS2 classics on PS4 would be good enough.

I agree with you 100%, they have so many great, dormant ips like Onimusha and Dino Crisis that I'd be buying without a second thought. Okamiden would be cool too as I've never played it.

• Like 3