Okami HD Coming to PS4 on December 12th

Parker

31 minutes ago, Zarakai1989 said:

I agree with you 100%, they have so many great, dormant ips like Onimusha and Dino Crisis that I'd be buying without a second thought. Okamiden would be cool too as I've never played it.

Oh yeah, an Okamiden remaster would be great too. I haven't played it either, and that's a shame considering how much I love the first game. I hope the addition of physical copies this time around means it includes Okamiden on the disc as well, buuuut I won't get my hopes up. :P

18 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Read about it today and... I'm a bit conflicted. Me in HD is a glorious game (otherwise, I wouldn't allow them to use my name :awesome::awesome::awesome:) but seriously...? Remastering a remaster? 

Isn't that a bit too much?

You act like this is something new from Capcom. :P Both Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Revelations have been remastered multiple times, and there's probably other examples too. So no, it's never too much as far as Capcom is concerned. :giggle:

Edited by Undead Wolf

would have been better if they remakes Okamiden instead and later announced Okami HD for current gen, it's really annoying that the original started as a ps2 game but the sequel instead of been a ps3 it went 360 degree, not on what most people have and had hopped to be on but instead it goes to the DS, Capcom excuses was that the DS touch functionality fit the game play perfectly where the fact that the DS was the next money printing machine after it was the ps2 even though the original game didn't sold well on ps2.

I played Okami HD on the ps3 with the PS Move controller and man it was a good experience, drawing the shapes with the Move made the game a lot more natural and easier than a thumb stick, I don't feel like going back playing it with a thumb stick after I played it with the Move, maybe on the ps4 it will be using the touch pad as the drawing board or maybe it will still gonna support PS Move on the ps4 too.

Edited by yellowwindow7

17 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Read about it today and... I'm a bit conflicted. Me in HD is a glorious game (otherwise, I wouldn't allow them to use my name :awesome::awesome::awesome:) but seriously...? Remastering a remaster? 

Inception, man!

Anyway, I loved me some Okami, but my conflict is resolved easily. I won't be re-buying a re-buy.

On 14/08/2017 at 5:54 PM, Parker said:

I imported the physical edition of Okami HD for PS3 because I liked the cover art so much. The rumor is the PS4 edition will get a physical edition for all regions which would certainly be nice. 

Parker

I thought about importing the Japanese version, but it was pretty pricey, and I already had the game digitally, so decided against it. Hopefully that rumour is true though, I'd like to have a physical version of the game that I don't have to import (I've had to wait months for some imported games I've ordered before to arrive).

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody ever heard the term "Capcom be lazy?" Aside from RE7, DR4, MVCI and SFV, have they released anything new this gen? We all know the RE2 remake is not gonna happen, and neither is Deep Down...But at least we get this awesome remaster, and Monster Hunter World!:D

I'm hoping that this is the last generation of no backwards compatability, if so I really don't mind having the chance to purchase games I will be able use accross all future PS systems. I own a copy of the HD version on PS3 but it's still in my backlog ... one day I'd like to get rid of the PS3 and just have one library if this is the case they can remaster everything as far as I'm concerned!

On 15/08/2017 at 9:57 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X/X-2_HD_Remaster

Anyway, on topic, Ookami is my all-time favorite game, and while I would like all the pretty HD 4K graphics, I already have it on PS2 and it was good enough already for me to conider it perfect, so I think I'm going to skip it this time. I already unlocked everything anyway, so I'm good.

4 hours ago, dermarx said:

Seems to be true:

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/okami-hd-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Only for Japan announced, but a western release might also happen.

>PS4

>only for Japan

Yea, no chance of not being localized. I give it a week until they announce it.

3 hours ago, jrdemr said:

Ookami is my all-time favorite game

3 hours ago, jrdemr said:

Square loves PS4.

• Like 1

Yay, official announcement! I'm looking forward to playing this again. ^_^

3 hours ago, Xugashi said:

We all know the RE2 remake is not gonna happen

Do we? I mean yeah, we haven't heard anything about the game for a while, but the last time we did it was quite literally just starting development. Sure, they could give us updates every couple of months, but I'd much rather they waited until they had something substantial to show off. It's only been about two years - give it some time.

45 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Square loves PS4.

Yeah, they did the same thing with Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 - remastered a remaster. I doubt it's the last time we'll see it with a PS2-era game either.

I have Okami on PS3 but never got around to playing it. If the PS4 version is priced reasonably I'll probably just wait. Say what you will about Capcom, they tend to price remasters reasonably. I could see other publishers selling Dead Rising 1 PS4 for $40).

Edited by MosesRockefeller

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yay, official announcement! I'm looking forward to playing this again. ^_^

Do we? I mean yeah, we haven't heard anything about the game for a while, but the last time we did it was quite literally just starting development. Sure, they could give us updates every couple of months, but I'd much rather they waited until they had something substantial to show off. It's only been about two years - give it some time.

I feel like two years is enough for them to at least give us SOMETHING...This goes in the same category as Tekken X Street Fighter and Deep Down.You know the old saying: "In development the games may, to be released no one can say..."