Okami HD Coming to PS4 on December 12th

Parker

9 minutes ago, Mayadome said:

I was thinking about it but it's probably not worth the hassle. You're right there's still hope it could have a new trophy list. If you go to the trophy list for Okami it still only says PS3 so fingers crossed. I'm not holding my breath though.

It was updated a couple of hours ago. It shows PS4/PS3 now

It's always 50/50 in these situations, especially when a trophy list is either hard or very grindy. Some people love to get as many trophies as possible, others might not have gotten all trophies the first time around and see this as a good reason to revisit the game and finally aim for that Platinum - or they're just thankful they don't "have to" do something hard or grindy all over again and can simply enjoy a game they love in even better quality. Personally, I'm with the latter crowd. But if there's some kind of cross-save that allows auto-pop for the other port like MGS HD Collection then that's fine too.

2 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I mean surely Capcom has to know that there are sales in trophy whores. Why stop short of offering a new list for this one? 

I was thinking the same thing, surely this will heavily decrease sales? I personally will stick to the PS3 version that I have owned for years now but have not even started yet. No point purchasing this game again on PS4 for the same list.

4 hours ago, ddracarys said:

I was thinking the same thing, surely this will heavily decrease sales? I personally will stick to the PS3 version that I have owned for years now but have not even started yet. No point purchasing this game again on PS4 for the same list.

Well, I don't think HEAVILY but there are enough people out there who will buy it because of that. I mean it's hardly a quick completion so it's mainly existing fans who want an excuse to support it and play it again. Not including one would kind of defeat the purpose unless you want a minor visual upgrade, which for a remaster of a remaster of a PS2 game is hardly going to be noticeable. 

• Like 1

Well, that's a real shame the PS4 version won't be stackable. :( Still, I shall happily buy it and add it to the collection anyway as it's one of my all-time favourite games! :D Maybe it'll increase the chance of seeing Okamiden again.

I'll just play it again on Xbox One/Steam for that achievement fix. ;) 

18 hours ago, ddracarys said:

I got the PS3 version for $5 during a sale and haven't started it yet either. I'll probably still get the PS4 version so I can play it without having to hook up my PS3.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

The game looks beautiful! I've never played Okami before but have heard many good things about it and it seems to have gotten great reviews both in the West and Japan. Does anyone know it is from a Trophy Hunting perspective in terms of difficulty, duration etc? 

I would say it's about a 4/10, and 60 hours - the guide says 3/10. The mini-games take a bit of time and practice, and it took me 67 hours. For me, the game is a  bit overrated.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

The game looks beautiful! I've never played Okami before but have heard many good things about it and it seems to have gotten great reviews both in the West and Japan. Does anyone know it is from a Trophy Hunting perspective in terms of difficulty, duration etc? 

Easy platinum probably 2/10 in terms of difficulty. Only a couple of missable trophies to check out before playing and the fishing grind that can take a couple of hours.

Okami is one of the best games ever made. You can't miss it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadsfiskalen said:

Crossbuy if i bought ps3 version?

Probably won't happen as this was free on PS+

They wouldn't sell enough that way.

38 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

It is a great game. I already played through it on the PS2.

It's not that difficult and takes around 60 hours:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4520-okami-hd-trophy-guide

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kurorac said:

Probably won't happen as this was free on PS+

They wouldn't sell enough that way.

It is a great game. I already played through it on the PS2.

It's not that difficult and takes around 60 hours:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4520-okami-hd-trophy-guide

Take about 20 hours off of that I reckon. That guide is massively over estimate.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2017 at 8:27 AM, Edunstar84 said:

I would say it's about a 4/10, and 60 hours - the guide says 3/10. The mini-games take a bit of time and practice, and it took me 67 hours. For me, the game is a  bit overrated.

This the first time I've ever seen somebody call Okami "overrated".