Undertale Trophy Discussion Thread

demonoid321

1 minute ago, NetEntity said:

Looks at Dog Shrine trophies: ...This is like the Accomploshrine of Don't Starve all over again.
-sigh-
No Genocide run trophy, no reason for me to buy it again.

I feel like encouraging players to do a genocide run would invalidate the whole point of the genocide run 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kurorac said:

I love the choices he made for the trophies xD

Toby said he hates achievements/trophies and it was pretty obvious he wouldn't do trophies for different playstyles (no spoilers here :P )

Can't wait to play the game

And this list just proves he's a hypocrite. There's no reason to give this game a full platinum list if he disapproves of the trophy system. He should've made his point by giving it a smaller list with unmissables that pop right at the start of the game to remove any influence they might have had. But no, he goes and gives it a full list for people to hunt.

This reminds me of Telltale trophy lists, because with games that have alternate paths, many folks will take the paths that lead to them getting trophies as fast as possible. I threat at the number of people who played Until Dawn with a guide to ensure all characters survive first time without an "organic playthrough." (Do other people say "organic playthrough" or is it just me?)

40 minutes ago, madbuk said:

And this list just proves he's a hypocrite. There's no reason to give this game a full platinum list if he disapproves of the trophy system. He should've made his point by giving it a smaller list with unmissables that pop right at the start of the game to remove any influence they might have had. But no, he goes and gives it a full list for people to hunt.

You can dislike trophies and not be  outright spiteful about it like Klei was with Don't Starve. If dog shrine doesn't require a specific ending then that still falls in line with him not wanting people to play a specific way other than just getting people to waste money on dog shrine. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

i feel like the plat Name is Mocking my life choices 

I feel like I need this plat to be a milestone trophy for exactly this reason.

I think I just found platinum #450 for me :)

35 minutes ago, Shana Alter said:

Yeah because not like you give it an easy platinum to make fun of the trophy system and still give people what they want at the same time...

Next you'll tell me that 2D games don't deserve a platinum or anything less than a AAA shouldn't have a platinum

madbuk doesn't like games to have platinums unless it meets specific criteria. I think he used to work for Sony in the platinum trophy merit deciding department :P

Fortunately, the rest of the world doesn't care.

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

As someone who knows next to nothing about Undertale, the trophy list doesn't give me much to go on. It's a pretty uninspired list tbh, and the trophy images look really bad... Oh well, I'm sure the game itself will make up for that. At least it has a platinum.

I guess this is something only people who already played it can appreciate or at least find funny.

Take a look at this list again after playing it ;)

And the game will more than make up for it.

Edited by Kurorac
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'll hold you to that. :P I don't know what to expect tbh.

I'd recommend not searching for anything related to it

Go to it without knowing anything, and you'll get the best experience

Edited by DesmaBR
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

I'd recommend not searching for it.

Go to it without knowing anything, and you'll get the best experience

That's great advice.

I played it the first time without knowing anything, just a recommedation from a friend, and my mind was blown away :D