Undertale Trophy Discussion Thread

demonoid321

14 hours ago, madbuk said:

And this list just proves he's a hypocrite. There's no reason to give this game a full platinum list if he disapproves of the trophy system. He should've made his point by giving it a smaller list with unmissables that pop right at the start of the game to remove any influence they might have had. But no, he goes and gives it a full list for people to hunt.

I fully expected this to have the bare minimum of trophies with no plat considering his attitude towards them. 

1 hour ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Try logging out of your account on PS4, then play as a guest account but don't log in with any account just remain as guest, earn trophy, while on guest account log into your main account and sync trophy.

Not sure if it will work, just throwing it out there as something to try.

Worst that will happen is the trophy showing as missing time stamp.

Won't work unless they delete their normal profile from the system. The PS4 online lets you sign in onto one user account at a time on a system.

10 hours ago, Yoosurnaym said:

The Dognation trophies can be missed if you kill a specific character:

Reveal hidden contents

Papyrus, since he's needed to open the room the Dog Shrine is in.

I've gone past the done shrine as I didnt fancy grinding 350g at that moment, is it possible to revisit later on in the game?

1 minute ago, StilRh said:

I've gone past the done shrine as I didnt fancy grinding 350g at that moment, is it possible to revisit later on in the game?

Yes you can go back through the whole map. Once you get like 3/4 of the way through you find someone you can sell stuff to, and if you've been keeping the old weapons and equipment can get like 400 at once. 

• Like 1

While the trophy list looks easy, I kinda feel it's needlessly grindy, with the dog shrine. I get that Toby doesn't want to influence the player, by making trophies, specific to certain playthroughs, that's totally fine. And most of the trophies you'll encounter, on your way, through the story, regardless of the path you take. But couldn't there have been some other trophies, that were less grindy? Like finding the secret Waterfall Room and the legendary artefact? Or a trophy for acquiring Tem armour? Or one for eating a variety of food items?

Edited by James_Tonto
Spelling error

On 8/15/2017 at 1:16 AM, Izul said:

I love the game, so I'll probably make it my 200th platinum.

However, kinda glad there is no genocide trophy. I felt bad doing this route, never want to do it again.

#staypacifist

Kinda glad there is no trophy for beating the game. I saw them speedrun the original version of this game at AGDQ2017 and the final boss looks like a Lovecraftian Touhou nightmare. Certainly glad there is no "clear the game on this ending" trophy or a trophy for confronting "the final bosses." I might do this platinum on both of my accounts. ^_^

• 10 months later...

I understand the trophies are meant to waste time, tease us, mock trophies, and tell us “don’t you have anything better to do?” I don’t mind. ? Personally I think they are brilliant because they fit with one of the major themes of the game. 

You can either (1) take offense and be trolled. Or you can (2) enjoy it, once you realize the humor is just part of game’s charm. Go with choice 2. ?

Edited by liquidsol

• 2 months later...

Stupid trophies from a lazy developer. He hates trophies and doesn't want to make normal, adequate trophies for the game.
Instead of putting in the trophies all 3 endings, and all the events of the game, he just stuck in the trophies of some garbage.

Edited by DeckBlack22

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2018 at 6:34 PM, DeckBlack22 said:

Stupid trophies from a lazy developer. He hates trophies and doesn't want to make normal, adequate trophies for the game.
Instead of putting in the trophies all 3 endings, and all the events of the game, he just stuck in the trophies of some garbage.

Why would you make trophies that encourage specific ways of playing it, when one of the themes of the game is to not be obsessed with the game. Is it not better to incorporate trophies with the game in a creative and have ludonarrative synchronicity? (Ooh... look at me I can google complex words.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 03.10.2018 at 2:17 AM, breakingthegreen said:

Why would you make trophies that encourage specific ways of playing it, when one of the themes of the game is to not be obsessed with the game. Is it not better to incorporate trophies with the game in a creative and have ludonarrative synchronicity? (Ooh... look at me I can google complex words.)

I love when achievement cover the game 100%. Underdale's achievements don't cover even 1 playthrough.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2018 at 10:25 AM, DeckBlack22 said:

I love when achievement cover the game 100%. Underdale's achievements don't cover even 1 playthrough.

The purpose of the game is to play through it how you want. Having trophies for different endings pressures you into playing the game in one way or another which defeats the entire purpose. After getting the final story-related trophy, the game changes depending on what route you took. And yes, my profile is covered in Undertale.

Edited by Thornhorn7

• 2 years later...

Yeah, this game’s trophy list sucks. I really wanted trophies for the pacifist and genocide runs, but you don’t even have to beat the game for the plat.. Oh well. It could have been a 21 bronze no plat list, so it’s best to look on the bright side.

Edited by arcanehornet_

17 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Yeah, this game’s trophy list sucks. I really wanted trophies for the pacifist and genocide runs, but you don’t even have to beat the game for the plat.. Oh well. It could have been a 21 bronze no plat list, so it’s best to look on the bright side.

Personally I like the trophy list. The whole ethos of the game is that it throws normal gaming tropes out the window, so it makes perfect sense that the trophy list does the same thing