And This Is Where I Quit...

TheJadedJay

At least for me this was just another update that halted my progress and tested my patience... 
And I stayed with this game from the beginning... but this time pushed me a bit far.

The main problem is that my base has become fused with another player's base on the planet I settled on.
Everything is overlapping with someone else's building... I put so much work into this base incredibly recently and it was near completion... probably well over 60 hours of work.
Even though the planet has changed it's too draining to pack up and move.
I'm so disappointed...
I can't delete their building and I assume they can't delete mine... though the habitable base mainframe still appears to be mine... or at least has my name still.
I teleported back to it from a space station.

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but I think I'm just going to warp back and forth mindlessly 20 times to get the platinum I'm missing then quit.

no_man_s_sky_20170815153136_by_thejadedj

The circular towers and storage containers outside, and save point etc are not from my base...

no_man_s_sky_20170815153042_by_thejadedj

It clips through inside too. Not to mention the grass...

It's sad since this should be a good update. But it feels kind of ruined for me now...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thekiffer21 said:

Shit mate, sounds like you got fucked over pretty badly. How could this even happen?

Like did you both build a base in the same spot an d Hello games then merged the worlds or what

We had separate bases on the same world. Their's was about 2 days away from mine by foot. So I think we were in different spots. I can only guess one location got erased and they were both combined? Or multiple people can't stay on the same planet anymore maybe? I don't know...

Changed my home planet from a water world to a desert planet, deleted all 50 of my automated mining units, and moved the base to the opposite side of the planet. That part I know for a fact because my freighter was parked in orbit directly overhead when I left it last. Just as well, I need an excuse to make a run at Permadeath Mode. First I need to tear myself away from Elite: Dangerous.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Changed my home planet from a water world to a desert planet, deleted all 50 of my automated mining units, and moved the base to the opposite side of the planet. That part I know for a fact because my freighter was parked in orbit directly overhead when I left it last. Just as well, I need an excuse to make a run at Permadeath Mode. First I need to tear myself away from Elite: Dangerous.

Man... this update really screwed over anyone with bases it seems...
I personally won't be running Permadeath Mode. I'm happy with my plat for enjoying the game before this happened. Not going to put myself through that. xD
Never heard of Elite: Dangerous before. That looks really cool... I think this is going on my need to buy.

4 minutes ago, ConspiracyGuy92 said:

Fuck I just read all this & I started No mans sky yesterday morning haven't earned any trophies yet maybe I should delete the list. Opinions on this please I don't know much about the game!

Why would you? There are no trophies related to base building anyway, if completion is what worries you.

5 hours ago, ConspiracyGuy92 said:

Fuck I just read all this & I started No mans sky yesterday morning haven't earned any trophies yet maybe I should delete the list. Opinions on this please I don't know much about the game!

If you literally just started you won't really be affected. This stuff happened with the newest update to people with pre-existing buildings because planet generation was changed.

5 hours ago, MojoNJojo said:

Why would you? There are no trophies related to base building anyway, if completion is what worries you.

If you care about DLC trophies there's the build an Exocraft trophy which requires building at least a basic base. Unless that changed.