Ultimate Edit save compatible with Vanilla version of game?

Spudchip

I was thinking you wanted to share a save resigner with the "edit" in the title. However, no there's not a save transfer between versions, the Ultimate Edition is pretty much like a GOTY edition, all DLC is included but saves will not be compatible with each other. 

40 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

Yes it is compatible. I did it myself when the Ultimate Edition went on sale a while ago. 

I wasn't sure if the question was regarding PS3/PS4 transfers. However, it's good to know that it works for PS3 versions. However, for the OP, I recommend not getting the Ultimate Edition on PS3 if you want to get the trophies, because on the vanilla version you can delete the game patch, which makes AI opponents easier to defeat on PS3, thus making The Max and Impossible Battle in Battle Mode a lot easier, I heard you can just spam :left::right::triangle: with Hawkgirl with the unpatched PS3 version to do most battles much easier on the game. Of course, if you want to enjoy the game, get the Ultimate Edition but by looking at your trophies, you seem to care quite a lot about getting plats. 

• 1 year later...

It entirely depends on the game. RPG and story driven games often add new features in the DLC that is included in the Complete Edition. So for example Witcher 3 UE will not work with a base Witcher 3 because the content was included in the save from the get go(like new skills). Fighters are a diff story. Most if not all the content is just extra fighters and costumes. The save could work from a UE to a basic ver and simply just remove the content that is missing(if you own any of the DLC they will appear)

Edited by EmoKitten4