Is the story good?

I liked it. It's a little annoying skipping through a lot of the same scenes when going for all the endings, but otherwise I found the concept of the story and everything to be interesting. Also keep in mind that I played this before watching the anime, so I couldn't compare the two at the time. But playing this did get me interested in the anime, even if the stories aren't really connected. The general idea is still there and I think it's pretty cool. But that's just me, the game received rather mixed reviews, which, look at how you will. Visual novels don't generally get showered in praise very often.

Story is okay at most, the worst part being the "different" endings (which are 90% the same and contain the same UNSKIPABLE scenes). It's a good reading for the first time, but going for all endings makes you hate the game writing so much.

The story is good just a bit repetitive going for all endings I liked this story more than season 2 of the anime

44 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

It's the VN story the same as the anime ?

If I'm reading this correctly no it's not. It takes place around the time frame of episodes 1-6 

i liked the anime, i heard the 2nd season and over on gamefaqs that the VN aren't that great. the first season was really entertaining though for me. but i'd definitely be waiting for a budget price in a flash sale or something for the game.

The story is really good. Especially if you go through the first time .... but using the guide I made, that's on this site, you take care of all the paths for each character and end with the best ending, which is great.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the story and it's quite long compared to other VNs, but there is so many endings and branching plot lines and to see them all you have to make a ton of saves and skip through a lot of the same stuff repeatedly which takes ages as the skip function is really slow in this game. There is also two characters to play as, so there's like 20 endings. The guide on this site gets them all though and signposts where you have to save and reload to save time. 

It's awful. It's not even Psycho Pass.

On 8/16/2017 at 5:06 PM, RJP_X said:

i liked the anime, i heard the 2nd season and over on gamefaqs that the VN aren't that great. the first season was really entertaining though for me. but i'd definitely be waiting for a budget price in a flash sale or something for the game.

The second season was great. So was the movie.

• 4 months later...

I like the story a lot. I have no connection to the anime, so take from that what you will. 

However, you'll probably want to text skip when you are re-reading a lot of the stories with different choices. It's pretty much the same thing, with only the most minor of variations. But each character admits one good story read.

On 8/17/2017 at 8:42 AM, Maisy said:

The story is really good. Especially if you go through the first time .... but using the guide I made, that's on this site, you take care of all the paths for each character and end with the best ending, which is great.

Your guide has, thus far, been nothing short of excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-08-17 at 11:42 AM, FlareZero said:

It's possible to skip the scene I have already seen?

Late reply, but to clarify: you CAN skip the scenes you've already seen. But there are many scenes that are only sliiiiightly different based on the choices you made previously, and you CAN'T skip those: you have to mash X to go through them. If you intend to read the story, it means you'll sit through the same text over and over again and/or miss some new text by mashing too far.

As far as the story goes, I thought it was pretty trite myself. It's one cliché after the other, the characters are flat, and the choices you make are inconsequential. I started it so I'll try and go for all endings, but it's definitely no Steins;Gate or Danganronpa.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, visighost said:

Late reply, but to clarify: you CAN skip the scenes you've already seen. But there are many scenes that are only sliiiiightly different based on the choices you made previously, and you CAN'T skip those: you have to mash X to go through them. If you intend to read the story, it means you'll sit through the same text over and over again and/or miss some new text by mashing too far.

As far as the story goes, I thought it was pretty trite myself. It's one cliché after the other, the characters are flat, and the choices you make are inconsequential. I started it so I'll try and go for all endings, but it's definitely no Steins;Gate or Danganronpa.

Got it, thanks for the response.

As a fan of the first season and the movie (but not the second season), I found this VN to have some decent moments, but mostly it's not great. There are a bunch of endings, but IIRC there are really only three main endings with minor changes that make up the remaining endings. The mini-game is fun, though.

• Like 2

I found it not quite as good as the original Steins Gate, but much better than Steins Gate 0.

This is an original alternative story based on the first 6 episodes of Season 1 Psycho-Pass.

I made the walkthrough here so as to get all the trophies and story out in a pleasing manner. FWIW.

On 23-1-2018 at 4:43 PM, visighost said:

Hey, I'm pretty sure there's a mass skip button (I believe, I used either R1 or R2). It auto skips scenes faster than mashing X does and stops at the moment you have to make a choice. Atleast you won't be getting a sore thumb this way. lol

Edited by DaveyDino-99

54 minutes ago, DaveyDino-99 said:

Hey, I'm pretty sure there's a mass skip button (I believe, I used either R1 or R2). It auto skips scenes faster than mashing X does and stops at the moment you have to make a choice. Atleast you won't be getting a sore thumb this way. lol

^ This. You go into settings and change the skip option to Force (I think) and then press R1 to have it go through the scenes very quickly. It only stops when there's a decision you need to make, after which you just press R1 again to start skipping again.

Of course, this will skip over all the text whether it's repeated or new, so if you actually want to read the new stuff then pressing X is the only option.

Story-wise, as my second visual novel game, I thought it was ok the first time through, but I honestly didn't have much interest in repeating each character's actions over and over just to get to the different parts. It did get me interested in the Anime though.