Just got married!

AdventjX

forgot to add "enjoy your honeymoon" if you're going on one...been married like 12 years or something and my relationship with my wife is still excellent...not wishing you bad times at all or trying to be a killjoy but something seems to change after 3 years...then another change when kids enter the picture...not necessarily positive or negative evolution, just change...

• Like 1

You sir, are my new senpai haha My wife and I are actually in the middle of a dilemma right now. Whether or not we should try to have a "honeymoon baby" or give it a few months... but I don't want her to have a rough time during labor and everyone's been saying we should at least have our first right away. Not sure how many babies we want in the long run though..

Thanks for the advice! Any tips are appreciated lol

• Like 1

haha...that's really personal stuff, honeymoon babies...banal statement: you'll know you're ready when you're ready and I'm sure you'll discuss it with your wife properly...

my wife and I are like complete opposites but our goals for our future, both personal or for our relationship, haven't changed since we before we got married so add some consistent, quality communication and it's been smooth sailing for us...in our case we waited a few years before having kids and thank god we did in a sense...looking back those years of just us two were great and we travelled and partied a lot...i also love having kids in our family so I stick with what I first said: only you and your wife can decide and your instinct will tell you when you're ready...there are no bad decisions in life, only opportunities for evolution that you may or not understand as they happen..enjoy the ride..haha..

Thanks man. I appreciate the genuine advice. My wife and I consider one of our strengths to definitely be our open channel of communication with each other. We may not always agree on things together, but when we disagree, we try to understand each other as best we can and figure it out together, one way or another. As far having kids are concerned, it's somewhat complicated. I'm a very family-oriented, traditional individual, so I always dreamt of having a son and a daughter. My wife, on the other hand, naturally doesn't "like" kids and is okay with having them or not having them. And after being a relationship for so long, we basically influenced each other's thoughts and now our attitudes are swapped. We both even consider the possibility of not having kids at all, but the idea is just so mind-boggling to myself and everyone around me. Like you said, it's our decision. I just don't want to have kids solely because we feel it's "the right thing to do". Not to affected by what society tells us, but what we really feel will make us happy. And based on my experience, having a family brings out about happiness. It has its ups and downs, of course, but yeah... very complicated.

And thanks for wishes everyone! It means a lot.

Edited by adventheorex
  • Like 1

I feel where you're coming from and kind of understand what traditional means to south koreans...my wife is japanese, we lived in japan 10 of the last 12 years and have many friends in korea...have been there several times to see our friends (including two weddings)...

we got lucky with the million dollar family stuff and had a daughter then a son two years later (then a vasectomy for bam at wife's request...haha)...

unfortunately, you're already a premium member or I would've bought if for you as a wedding gift...digging your style...gonna refrain from further posting here as I think this thread should remain all about you...

again, best wishes and, honeymoon baby or not, I'm sure you'll have some pretty restless nights in the near future (the good kind)...haha..

p.s. now I hope you really do update this thread regularly...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

And it shall be updated, as you say. And thank you for the premium offer haha It truly is the thought that counts, and I definitely receive it as sincere.

Best wishes to you and your family as well. Our brief conversation on this thread has given me some greater insight about what's in store for me, and I look forward to my married life.

Take care of yourself, good sir!

• Like 1

Congrats on marriage. This is my personal opinion so don't take this the wrong way

Once I find my love of my life gaming will slowly diminish as I get older. I'm 28, so possibly 2 or 3 yrs of  free time to enjoy on video games. Sadly there's one game i can't give up on MAPLESTORY??. Once I start a family my Gamecube  will be the first system introduce to my son/daughter.

19 hours ago, LOVEKuroyukihime said:

Congrats on marriage. This is my personal opinion so don't take this the wrong way

Once I find my love of my life gaming will slowly diminish as I get older. I'm 28, so possibly 2 or 3 yrs of  free time to enjoy on video games. Sadly there's one game i can't give up on MAPLESTORY1f60d.png1f911.png. Once I start a family my Gamecube  will be the first system introduce to my son/daughter.

I haven't stopped playing Maplestory yet either haha. Although I'm in the phase of being a little bored of it at the moment and haven't logged on much the past few months. 

Grats on your marriage and those are some slick dance moves! Really nice to hear your wife accepts your gaming. :) I have a couple of colleagues at work whose wives don't like them gaming or won't even let them play...

@Mesopithecus Heh, your situation is very much like mine. I've been married for nearly 8 years and gaming is a mutual hobby of ours. When we don't play PC or consoles together, we give each other advice in single player games. And my husband doesn't think it's weird that I ask for a game as my wedding anniversary / birthday / Christmas gift. The answer is always "yes, you can have it" when I ask if we can go buy me a new game at any time. :D

• Like 1

I'm married into a forced wedding from my strict religious parents, she has now gone missing and I've never been so happy,, oops I mean upset, really really upset, so upset that I needed to rip up all the carpet and have the swimming pool filled in.

Ok, So none of this happened :) But hey, great post right there and I hope your wedding lasts. Fun wedding video.

Thank you everyone, for all your sweet comments! I am currently enjoying my honeymoon in Cancun with my wife.. and tbh I really miss my PS4 lol

Again, thanks all. Look forward to staying in touch with all of you eventually down the road.