Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

@donut_plz I played through Unravel last year. For me, the hardest level was the snow one, because I kept getting blown off that hill. But at least the levels were fairly short, and I remember the game being beautiful to look at.

Yeah it took me a good while to figure out that hill but once you know how to do it it’s not too hard. Other pain in the butt was the level with lightning on the power lines. This one frustrated me good until I stopped to figure out the pattern. 

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Know what else is beautiful to look at? Monkey Tavern at 100%. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am, I'm going to get drunk now.

Congrats. I’m not familiar with this title but sounds like I shouldn’t bother look it up. :unsure:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

If I had any complaints, it'd probably be that I'm not really into sci-fi stuff, so the later parts of the game weren't as interesting to me.

I like sci-fi quite a bit, which is probably why I enjoyed the direction it took. I could see where it's not for everyone though.

20 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, I forgot about the hydra (and that whole area). Every time I've played Dark Souls, I've played as a mage, so I never got to fight that thing head-on. I think I'll go for a more standard sword-and-board character on my next playthrough, like I did with the later Souls games.

Sounds like you're making good progress, though. Quelaag shouldn't present too much of a problem.

I would have liked to play as a mage probably...I'm just not too keen on the spell limit thing. I haven't really tried though and with bonfires being able to refill them it'd probably not be too bad. So far I've been using my bow to pick things off and have them run to me, then using the shield to block and counter attack with my sword. It's works pretty well, except in some of the more confined areas. My sword hits the walls a lot. I did beat Quelaag last night. It took a couple tries until I saw she got stun locked when you hit her human part. Then I just kinda cheesed it by stun locking her with arrows until she went down. She looked really cool though. Now I'll explore some of the new areas a bit before I tackle the next section I think.

Super Meat Boy raged me last night. I got through 17 levels without dying and then like glitch died or something while I was standing on an elevator. I went under something and I randomly died. I was so mad that I downloaded a new game to play while my wife watches her wedding shows called Space Hulk. Only 66 people own the game. It's in the spirit of Xcom, but much more clunky. It took me an hour to figure out the controls. Some of it is touch screen and some of it is using the normal control pad. If you can get past the controls, it's kind of fun. It was a nice change of pace from SMB...

17 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Fuck Monkey Tavern. This piece of crap game glitched out on me on level 7. My save file got corrupted or something because I wasn't able to move, so I had to load a save from three hours ago to continue. I'm finishing this crappy game tonight and getting back to real games next week. This was NOT what I needed to de-stress myself.

That is the WORST...something like that happened to me with Civ II. My memory card got in the Vita got corrupted and I had to replay like 6 hours of the game. I'm glad to see you beat it though and can move on. I hope the next one isn't too maddening for you.

19 hours ago, Spaz said:

I rarely see you post anywhere else but your own thread. 

That’s completely fine, I’m just curious why you aren’t on other threads.

I know this was directed at Cassy, but for myself. I tend to read the forums on my phone and I refuse to type out a response from my phone (unless it is really quick reply) since I am the slowest texter ever. I will only reply when I am at my PC. I only reply like once a day since I would rather spend my time gaming than typing on my PC. I generally only reply to this thread since it seems like we're a group of pretty similar gamers so it's worth my time to type something. I usually only check this thread and the game dispute threads since I'm always curious the motivation that would cause someone to cheat a trophy. It seems like such a waste of effort. I'm also fascinated by the people that are knowledgeable enough about trophies that they can tell just by looking whether it's save file use, etc. I never know enough to post, but it's usually pretty interesting.

15 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am, I'm going to get drunk now.

What's your poison? I like brown ales myself. I'm starting to like red wine a little, but I don't really like any hard alcohols.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, donut_plz said:

Congrats. I’m not familiar with this title but sounds like I shouldn’t bother look it up. :unsure:

Heroes of the Monkey Tavern is based on old school dungeon crawlers, like Eye of the Beholder or, more recently, Legend of Grimrock. I normally love games like that (I think they've extremely underappreciated), but HotMT is about as bare bones as it gets. I expected some tough encounters and tricky puzzles, but the fights seem very unfair on the highest difficulty -- to the point that I'm pretty sure you could permanently screw yourself over if you don't save up on potions or have the right party members -- and the puzzles are laughably easy. The only time I really get stuck was the "five, not less" puzzle, but only because "five" could have been referring to all sorts of things.

It's not a bad game, but it's a bad example of games that belong to that genre.

1 hour ago, Br1ste said:

I would have liked to play as a mage probably...I'm just not too keen on the spell limit thing. I haven't really tried though and with bonfires being able to refill them it'd probably not be too bad. So far I've been using my bow to pick things off and have them run to me, then using the shield to block and counter attack with my sword. It's works pretty well, except in some of the more confined areas. My sword hits the walls a lot. I did beat Quelaag last night. It took a couple tries until I saw she got stun locked when you hit her human part. Then I just kinda cheesed it by stun locking her with arrows until she went down. She looked really cool though. Now I'll explore some of the new areas a bit before I tackle the next section I think.

Super Meat Boy raged me last night. I got through 17 levels without dying and then like glitch died or something while I was standing on an elevator. I went under something and I randomly died. I was so mad that I downloaded a new game to play while my wife watches her wedding shows called Space Hulk. Only 66 people own the game. It's in the spirit of Xcom, but much more clunky. It took me an hour to figure out the controls. Some of it is touch screen and some of it is using the normal control pad. If you can get past the controls, it's kind of fun. It was a nice change of pace from SMB...

Nice job on Souls and SMB. You got my attention with the XCOM comparison...and immediately lost it with clunky controls. But it's good that those lesser known games get some plays. I was laughing a bit to myself when playing HotMT because I noticed there was only one recent player, and it was me.

Yay me.

1 hour ago, Br1ste said:

I know this was directed at Cassy, but for myself. I tend to read the forums on my phone and I refuse to type out a response from my phone (unless it is really quick reply) since I am the slowest texter ever. I will only reply when I am at my PC. I only reply like once a day since I would rather spend my time gaming than typing on my PC. I generally only reply to this thread since it seems like we're a group of pretty similar gamers so it's worth my time to type something. I usually only check this thread and the game dispute threads since I'm always curious the motivation that would cause someone to cheat a trophy. It seems like such a waste of effort. I'm also fascinated by the people that are knowledgeable enough about trophies that they can tell just by looking whether it's save file use, etc. I never know enough to post, but it's usually pretty interesting.

I pay attention to that forum too -- if only because some of the drama that goes on there is interesting. Personally, I'm surprised that many people care about trophies, even on this site. I've always thought of them as just as an added bonus to playing video games, but it seems a lot of people view them as the most important thing about video games.

The only time I've posted is when it's a game I know well -- like RER -- but they're usually shitty multiplayer games that I couldn't care less about. I feel bad for the people that get screwed over by hacked lobbies, though. It really makes me not want to play online games. (As if I needed any more motivation for THAT.)

1 hour ago, Br1ste said:

What's your poison? I like brown ales myself. I'm starting to like red wine a little, but I don't really like any hard alcohols.

I mostly drink Yuengling, since it's a local brew, but I don't drink very much. I just needed it after this week...and maybe the week to come.

For tonight, I might look through my backlog again. Since I already hit my 100th platinum milestone, I don't really care if I play something with or without a plat. I guess my next big milestone isn't until 5k trophies... Hopefully by then, we'll finally have custom milestones. I'm really hating how big my milestones category has gotten. To me, they lose all meaning if my profile is flooded with them.

• Like 1

@Br1ste Super Meat Boy is extremely difficult. It took me 12 hours to beat Demon Boy and around 12 - 14 hours for Zombie Boy. That’s over 24 hours just going for those two trophies. 

I reckon for the Cotton Alley runs, it’s going to be a lot tougher. 

Just keep trying. 

• Like 1

You got my attention with the XCOM comparison...and immediately lost it with clunky controls. But it's good that those lesser known games get some plays. I was laughing a bit to myself when playing HotMT because I noticed there was only one recent player, and it was me.

Same for me. I'm the only player on this game right now. I guess it is based on a board game. You are a team of 'Terminators' (guys wearing suits that look like the mech suits in Avatar) and you are being attacked by aliens in a ship. You get 4 moves per turn and an additional 1-6 moves from the 'community pool' of moves. The weird thing is that changing the direction you are facing uses up a move. It is very claustrophobic and the animation moves very slowly at the default setting. I got rid of the shooting animation that shows up sometimes and put the speed up to very fast and it has made it a little better. The load times are still pretty slow, but so was it for XCOM. It's not terribly hard, but I'm having fun with it. It will take a long time to Plat since one of the trophies is for 40,000 kills. I might get like 20-40 in a level. There is a way to undo your last move without having to save scum and apparently those kills still count so I just have to get a bunch of aliens together, flamethrower them and have them die and then redo the turn. Based on my math, that will take about 14-15 hours when I get to that point....yuck.

I feel bad for the people that get screwed over by hacked lobbies, though. It really makes me not want to play online games.

Me too. Especially if they never knew this site existed until after they were hacked. I've always kind of wanted to play a CoD game or something since I loved the campaign portion of Ghost Recon and Golden Eye back in the day, but the multiplayer always turned me off. And now that I see people can hack your trophies and it could affect your profile, I have no desire to touch any of them. It's too bad that people have to play those games with a specter over their shoulder about whether the trophies are legitimate.

I mostly drink Yuengling, since it's a local brew, but I don't drink very much. I just needed it after this week...and maybe the week to come.

My wife enjoys Yuengling too. She has family in VA and before Yuengling started distributing to more areas, they used to stop at a liquor store in PA to pick up a couple of cases when they would come to visit as a gift. I think it's fine, but I'm pretty picky with my beers. I don't like drinking enough to drink bad beer. I hope this week is a better one for you!

15 hours ago, Spaz said:

Super Meat Boy is extremely difficult. It took me 12 hours to beat Demon Boy and around 12 - 14 hours for Zombie Boy. That’s over 24 hours just going for those two trophies. 

I'm probably up to about 8-10 hours on Demon Boy. I tried for about 4-6 hours in October and was getting burned out after Missile Boy. I have a good strategy for each level in Hell Dark World and can consistently beat every level without dying...I just haven't been able to string one together yet. I would have gotten it the other day if it wasn't for that ridiculous death on the elevator. On 4-18X, I was through the hard part, just standing on the elevator and when I went under the arch just before the end, I randomly squished...I beat the next three levels without dying so that would have been my trophy. I was so pissed I downloaded that new game. I'll probably go back to it tonight for a bit while everything is fresh in my head, but I've decided I won't let that game frustrate me. I may have to just play 30 minutes to an hour at a time at most.

In Dark Souls, I killed the Lava sub-boss last night. He was the hardest boss for me so far. There was no margin for error because he would one shot me if I took any damage. His fire breath kept hitting me through the walls also which was pissing me off. I think I died about 12 times on him. I ended up going max fire resist and the sweat pyromancy. Eating the fire breath, doing some two handed sword damage and then healing. I needed all 10 of my flasks, and some luck but I finally got him down. I'm going to farm some souls for a little bit to buy up all of the spells and stuff available. From what I gather...NPC's disappear pretty frequently and I don't want to miss out on anything.

• Like 1

@Cassylvania You continue to impress. I look up your profile every now and then. But i have something I am curious about. What's the deal with Dragon's Dogma? I went looking for a post around the time you popped the last trophy saying you hated the game or something. I was just scanning but I didn't see one saying why you moved on.

• Like 2

@Br1ste Sounds like it's just a matter of time before you beat SMB. I MIGHT be willing to give 10 Second Ninja X a shot at some point (I think it's a similar kind of game, but much easier), but I've watched enough speedruns of SMB to know I'd never even attempt that. (OK, one speedrun. But that was enough.)

And yeah, some of the Dark Souls' NPCs disappear after certain events are completed. Were you fighting the Fire Demonsage or the *snickers* Ceaseless Discharge? I think they both have fire attacks and are really annoying bosses in that area.

@Toogie53 Dragon's Dogma and I have this thing where I'll start playing it for a few days, have a lot of fun, and then mysteriously forget about the game for long periods of time...before ultimately starting a new game when I pick it up again. (This has seriously happened like three times). I have nothing against the game. In fact, I think it's better than other games like it *coughSkyrimcough*. I just gotta sit down one day and get back into it. Preferably when I have nothing else to distract me.

So, I finally started Peggle 2, which is a game that's been on my backlog forever. It's a lot of fun. It reminds me a bit of Plinko (here I go showing my age again), except there's a little more skill involved. Still, it's my favorite kind of game -- one that plays itself -- and it doesn't look TOO hard to platinum, if I make use of the DLC. Kinda like HZD.

Tonight is what we call a pizza night.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

@Br1ste Sounds like it's just a matter of time before you beat SMB. I MIGHT be willing to give 10 Second Ninja X a shot at some point (I think it's a similar kind of game, but much easier), but I've watched enough speedruns of SMB to know I'd never even attempt that. (OK, one speedrun. But that was enough.)

And yeah, some of the Dark Souls' NPCs disappear after certain events are completed. Were you fighting the Fire Demonsage or the *snickers* Ceaseless Discharge? I think they both have fire attacks and are really annoying bosses in that area.

@Toogie53 Dragon's Dogma and I have this thing where I'll start playing it for a few days, have a lot of fun, and then mysteriously forget about the game for long periods of time...before ultimately starting a new game when I pick it up again. (This has seriously happened like three times). I have nothing against the game. In fact, I think it's better than other games like it *coughSkyrimcough*. I just gotta sit down one day and get back into it. Preferably when I have nothing else to distract me.

So, I finally started Peggle 2, which is a game that's been on my backlog forever. It's a lot of fun. It reminds me a bit of Plinko (here I go showing my age again), except there's a little more skill involved. Still, it's my favorite kind of game -- one that plays itself -- and it doesn't look TOO hard to platinum, if I make use of the DLC. Kinda like HZD.

Man I love peggle! I played the first 2 on PC so when I saw Peggle 2 on sale for PS4 I snapped it up, if you have the dlc its a super easy plat :) hope you enjoy it. who is your favorite master?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Were you fighting the Fire Demonsage or the *snickers* Ceaseless Discharge?

It was Ceaseless Discharge. Fortunately he is easy to get to so that each time I died, I just had a straight shot run to get back to him. It would have been much more frustrating if I had to navigate through part of the level each time. I have a little more farming to do and then I'm off to Sen's Fortress it looks like.

I'm glad you found a game that seems like a de-stresser for you :) Another game I've never heard of and the art looks pretty interesting. My experience with Plinko is from watching The Price is Right. I'm a little curious how they made a video game out of something like that, so maybe I'll check out youtube on my lunch break.

This is the most important topic we've covered so far...what kind of pizza do you get? I'm in the camp where vegetables don't belong anywhere near a pizza...my wife is in the camp that meat belongs no where near a pizza...which works out for both of us since it means more pizza for us. My general go to is pepperoni pizza, but if the pizza place has a good buffalo chicken pizza, that would be my favorite. I also prefer thin crust over Greek style pizza. However, there is a local Greek restaurant that has a great small pepperoni pizza...their large tastes different for some reason. 

Edited by Br1ste
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Dessane said:

Man I love peggle! I played the first 2 on PC so when I saw Peggle 2 on sale for PS4 I snapped it up, if you have the dlc its a super easy plat :) hope you enjoy it. who is your favorite master?

You know how much I love spooky themes, so I gotta go with Luna. Too bad her magic power is useless most of the time. Besides her, I really like Jeff. He has the best magic power, and I like the reference to The Big Lebowski.

8 hours ago, Br1ste said:

It was Ceaseless Discharge. Fortunately he is easy to get to so that each time I died, I just had a straight shot run to get back to him. It would have been much more frustrating if I had to navigate through part of the level each time. I have a little more farming to do and then I'm off to Sen's Fortress it looks like.

Did you...not see the easy way to beat him? I don't want to spoil anything, but I wasn't sure if you're using a guide.

Sen's Fortress is a critical moment in the game, I think. Getting to the top of that tower is a truly epic feat.

8 hours ago, Br1ste said:

This is the most important topic we've covered so far...what kind of pizza do you get? I'm in the camp where vegetables don't belong anywhere near a pizza...my wife is in the camp that meat belongs no where near a pizza...which works out for both of us since it means more pizza for us. My general go to is pepperoni pizza, but if the pizza place has a good buffalo chicken pizza, that would be my favorite. I also prefer thin crust over Greek style pizza. However, there is a local Greek restaurant that has a great small pepperoni pizza...their large tastes different for some reason. 

I'm a veggie lover. To me, the ideal pizza is thin crust stacked with everything except mushrooms, as I really, really cannot stand mushrooms. But, of course, I have to live with my two siblings, who both like completely opposite things as me (my sister mushrooms and my brother meat everything). But because I generally only eat one or two pieces at a time, I never get to pick what we order.

But, because we live in Pennsylvania, we often get salad with French fries, which is one of my favorite things to have with pizza. And no, that's not a weird thing, you non-Pennsylvanians!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

But, because we live in Pennsylvania, we often get salad with French fries, which is one of my favorite things to have with pizza. And no, that's not a weird thing, you non-Pennsylvanians!

Assuming you don't mean salad and french fries on the pizza...

As far as pizza for me I usually eat whatever the little freeloaders will eat as its too much hassle to get them to eat stuff I prefer. xD

Heaven forbid they try something besides cheese or pepperoni.

Edited by donut_plz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

You know how much I love spooky themes, so I gotta go with Luna. Too bad her magic power is useless most of the time. Besides her, I really like Jeff. He has the best magic power, and I like the reference to The Big Lebowski.

Luna is actually really decent for the high score challenges, if you can build up your meter a bit then hit the green you'll get crazy points

• Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 6:32 PM, Cassylvania said:

I like the reference to The Big Lebowski.

This is one of those movies that gets better every time I see it. There is soooo much subtle humor that makes this movie brilliant. The first time I saw it, I didn't get what all the fuss was about, but this movie has easily creeped it's way into one of my top 5 favorites. When it comes to movies I have several lists. I have my Top 5 favorites and then like my Top 5 best, and they aren't at all the same thing. My favorites are movies I can watch over and over. They may not be the best cinema, but they are entertaining. There are about 15 movies in my Top 5 probably and they include movies like Snatch, Dumb and Dumber, A Few Good Men, Pulp Fiction, etc. An example of what a Best movie I've seen may be something like a Sixth Sense because of how blown my mind was by the end. It is not one of my favorites because it will never be as good as the first time I saw it.

Did you...not see the easy way to beat him? I don't want to spoil anything, but I wasn't sure if you're using a guide.

Sen's Fortress is a critical moment in the game, I think. Getting to the top of that tower is a truly epic feat.

I'm using the trophy guide on this site to make sure I don't miss anything trophy related as I go through so it is dictating which areas I'm tackling, but I'm trying not to use a guide for the game play. This is one of those games where there is a lot of satisfaction in solving something on your own. If I truly run into a wall, I know there are resources to see how to cheese by probably...but I'm trying to give it my best try before checking those out. With Ceaseless Discharge, I was trying to fight it like the Hydra up close. The first couple of tries I got him down to about 50% before I got smoked. Then I was trying to use the mountain passageway as a shield, but I kept getting hit by the fire through the wall. I found that when I went full fire resist gear with the sweat pyromancy, it was only taking down about 1/3 of my health bar per attack so I ended up using that method. I'm sure there is probably a way to cheese him using that corridor, I just didn't figure it out in the dozen or so attempts I tried. 

I just started Sen's Fortress last night for about 30 minutes before losing power to another Noreaster. We didn't get much snow, but it was very wet and heavy so there were trees and power lines down all over. Fortunately we got power back pretty quickly, but I went to bed on the early side because I knew I'd have to get up to shovel this morning before work. I'll do some more tonight.

Salad AND French fries or Salad WITH French fries? We get salad and fries often too, but it's never occurred to me that you could/should mix the two. Some things are a marriage in heaven...Macaroni and Cheese with Hot Dogs for example...Salad and French fries sounds a little scary. Is there dressing on the fries or a gravy on the salad? I'm pretty curious now.

My active game list is up to four, which is getting well outside my comfort zone. I'm considering removing Super Meat Boy as counting towards my active list since I feel like that will be more of an ongoing challenge that I maybe will never beat. I got 19 levels in a row last night before a vita frame rate hiccup caused a very frustrating death. I will get that trophy before this week is over...Final Fantasy XV just will not stop coming out with DLC's so now that game isn't 100% anymore. Once I finish Dark Souls, I'll have to get that one done (again...) before I tackle Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2. How's Peggle 2 treating you?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 7:02 PM, donut_plz said:

Assuming you don't mean salad and french fries on the pizza...

Well, there is taco pizza...

On 3/6/2018 at 9:43 PM, Dessane said:

Luna is actually really decent for the high score challenges, if you can build up your meter a bit then hit the green you'll get crazy points

Interesting. I'll have to look into that. I haven't quite figured out the scoring system (although I did beat all of the main levels).

52 minutes ago, Br1ste said:

This is one of those movies that gets better every time I see it. There is soooo much subtle humor that makes this movie brilliant. The first time I saw it, I didn't get what all the fuss was about, but this movie has easily creeped it's way into one of my top 5 favorites. When it comes to movies I have several lists. I have my Top 5 favorites and then like my Top 5 best, and they aren't at all the same thing. My favorites are movies I can watch over and over. They may not be the best cinema, but they are entertaining. There are about 15 movies in my Top 5 probably and they include movies like Snatch, Dumb and Dumber, A Few Good Men, Pulp Fiction, etc. An example of what a Best movie I've seen may be something like a Sixth Sense because of how blown my mind was by the end. It is not one of my favorites because it will never be as good as the first time I saw it.

I have movies like that too. 8 Mile is a good example. By almost any standard, it should not be a good movie, but I love it.

I'm not sure I could make a top 5 movie list. They'd probably all be Disney movies anyway. But I'll name ten movies that I really, really like, that would probably be in my top 10, if I was capable of making such a thing: Gran Torino, Groundhog Day, Pitch Perfect, Moana, Inside Out, Coraline, Braveheart, Rocky, La La Land, and Kingsman, Goodfellas, Scarface, Music and Lyrics, Gone G--what do you mean I can't count?

59 minutes ago, Br1ste said:

I'm using the trophy guide on this site to make sure I don't miss anything trophy related as I go through so it is dictating which areas I'm tackling, but I'm trying not to use a guide for the game play. This is one of those games where there is a lot of satisfaction in solving something on your own. If I truly run into a wall, I know there are resources to see how to cheese by probably...but I'm trying to give it my best try before checking those out. With Ceaseless Discharge, I was trying to fight it like the Hydra up close. The first couple of tries I got him down to about 50% before I got smoked. Then I was trying to use the mountain passageway as a shield, but I kept getting hit by the fire through the wall. I found that when I went full fire resist gear with the sweat pyromancy, it was only taking down about 1/3 of my health bar per attack so I ended up using that method. I'm sure there is probably a way to cheese him using that corridor, I just didn't figure it out in the dozen or so attempts I tried.

It's actually more than a cheese. I think it's the "intended" way to beat him. Again, I won't spoil anything, but there's something the developers actually want you to do rather than face him like a normal boss. Either that, or they put it in there for people like me who never would have been able to beat him otherwise.

1 hour ago, Br1ste said:

Salad AND French fries or Salad WITH French fries? We get salad and fries often too, but it's never occurred to me that you could/should mix the two. Some things are a marriage in heaven...Macaroni and Cheese with Hot Dogs for example...Salad and French fries sounds a little scary. Is there dressing on the fries or a gravy on the salad? I'm pretty curious now.

It's French fries ON the salad. It's a Pittsburgh thing. Usually served with ranch dressing, which is what I like my fries with anyway. (Yes, I hate ketchup.)

1 hour ago, Br1ste said:

My active game list is up to four, which is getting well outside my comfort zone. I'm considering removing Super Meat Boy as counting towards my active list since I feel like that will be more of an ongoing challenge that I maybe will never beat. I got 19 levels in a row last night before a vita frame rate hiccup caused a very frustrating death. I will get that trophy before this week is over...Final Fantasy XV just will not stop coming out with DLC's so now that game isn't 100% anymore. Once I finish Dark Souls, I'll have to get that one done (again...) before I tackle Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2. How's Peggle 2 treating you?

I've done everything except the trials, the objectives, and the DLC. It's actually getting pretty tough now. The trials are tricky, and the objectives...well, there are 180 of them in the game (more if you count the DLC, I guess), and some of them are really hard to pull off. It's usually stuff like scoring x amount of points, clearing all the pegs from the board, or performing trick shots. Fortunately, a good part of the game is sheer luck, so I'll eventually break through if I just keep hitting my head against the wall enough.

(That would have been a good time for the banging-head-against-the-wall emoji, but I can't find one on this site, so enjoy this little guy instead: :dance:)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm not sure I could make a top 5 movie list. They'd probably all be Disney movies anyway. But I'll name ten movies that I really, really like, that would probably be in my top 10, if I was capable of making such a thing: Gran Torino, Groundhog Day, Pitch Perfect, Moana, Inside Out, Coraline, Braveheart, Rocky, La La Land, and Kingsman, Goodfellas, Scarface, Music and Lyrics, Gone G--what do you mean I can't count?

lol I can't count either which is why there are at least 15 movies in my Top 5...not to mention I count trilogy's like Star Wars or Indiana Jones as one movie. Of your top mentioned movies, I haven't seen Gran Torino, Pitch Perfect, Coraline, La La Land, Kingsman (wow this is actually a lot I haven't seen) Music and Lyrics or Gone Girl. Groundhog Day is in my favorite category but not best. Braveheart falls under my favorite and best category (I've seen that fifty times easy). Rocky is fantastic and it drives me NUTS that my wife won't watch it since it is a 'boxing movie'...it is so much more than that. I'm not as big into the mob movies as everyone else. I enjoyed Goodfellas and Scarface...but I never loved them as much as my friends (I also didn't really like The Sopranos either). I am also a sucker for Disney and have seen most of their animated movies several times over. I think I actually had kids just so that I had an excuse to buy and watch Disney movies all over again.

I'm extremely excited that my oldest son seems to share my passion for Disney movies and even more excited that he loves my personal childhood favorite movie...Flight of Dragons. My wife isn't into the fantasy stuff as much as me and I am definitely fanning the flames on my sons love for dragons and fantasy creatures. I bought him dragon figurines to play with and he pretends they are the different dragons from Flight of Dragons. I'll probably wait another year or so before I introduce video games. My wife is very concerned about screen time and I'm not actively looking for a reason for her to divorce me :)  I have a  Raspberry Pi and I may break him in with classic Mario or something and see how he does.

53 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

It's actually more than a cheese. I think it's the "intended" way to beat him. Again, I won't spoil anything, but there's something the developers actually want you to do rather than face him like a normal boss. Either that, or they put it in there for people like me who never would have been able to beat him otherwise.

Well I've already beat him so I don't mind if you tell me how you did it. I'm pretty curious now actually. I know you have a huge area to work with since he comes at you the moment you enter the fog gate.

55 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

It's French fries ON the salad. It's a Pittsburgh thing. Usually served with ranch dressing, which is what I like my fries with anyway. (Yes, I hate ketchup.)

I'm with you on the Ranch dressing on both...spicy fries with ranch dressing is the cats meow. Is it a regular tossed salad with like tomato's, onions, olives and cucumbers? Or is it a special kind of salad? I also hate ketchup (and tomato's in general). It is so damn sweet and I don't understand how people smother everything with it.

59 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Fortunately, a good part of the game is sheer luck, so I'll eventually break through if I just keep hitting my head against the wall enough.

Luck is the thing that drives me nuts about games. I used to play Candy Crush years ago and I was at like level 150 or something and I ended up quitting the game because the randomized boards used to piss me off. Sometimes it would generate a board that was simply unbeatable and it felt like I was wasting time. I always wished that it was a set board and that I just had to figure out the course to win it. I guess so long as the game is fun the luck thing would be less of an issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Br1ste said:

lol I can't count either which is why there are at least 15 movies in my Top 5...not to mention I count trilogy's like Star Wars or Indiana Jones as one movie. Of your top mentioned movies, I haven't seen Gran Torino, Pitch Perfect, Coraline, La La Land, Kingsman (wow this is actually a lot I haven't seen) Music and Lyrics or Gone Girl. Groundhog Day is in my favorite category but not best. Braveheart falls under my favorite and best category (I've seen that fifty times easy). Rocky is fantastic and it drives me NUTS that my wife won't watch it since it is a 'boxing movie'...it is so much more than that. I'm not as big into the mob movies as everyone else. I enjoyed Goodfellas and Scarface...but I never loved them as much as my friends (I also didn't really like The Sopranos either). I am also a sucker for Disney and have seen most of their animated movies several times over. I think I actually had kids just so that I had an excuse to buy and watch Disney movies all over again.

I actually haven't seen most of the movies on your list (except Dumb and Dumber, but that was a long time ago), which is why I didn't mention them. Rocky is probably my favorite all-time movie -- second only to Forrest Gump, which I completely forgot to mention -- and is probably the only movie that I know by heart. I've seen Braveheart a lot too, just because I'll usually leave it on if I see it when I'm flipping through channels. I always forget how long it is, though. Like The Dark Knight, there are several times in that movie where you feel you're watching the climax, and then it keeps on going. Very epic stuff.

Well I've already beat him so I don't mind if you tell me how you did it. I'm pretty curious now actually. I know you have a huge area to work with since he comes at you the moment you enter the fog gate.

You're supposed to lure him back to the fog gate. If you do it right, he'll lunge at you, miss, and then you can simply knock him into the lava. It's not cheese because it gives you a special animation, so the developers must have put it there on purpose.

I've never beaten him the way you did.

l'm with you on the Ranch dressing on both...spicy fries with ranch dressing is the cats meow. Is it a regular tossed salad with like tomato's, onions, olives and cucumbers? Or is it a special kind of salad? I also hate ketchup (and tomato's in general). It is so damn sweet and I don't understand how people smother everything with it.

It depends what you get. Traditional Pittsburgh salads have lettuce, French fries, some veggies (usually cucumbers and tomatoes), shredded cheese, and grilled chicken strips. You can also swap the chicken for steak. Even though I'm very anti-Pittsburgh when it comes to sports, I love their food, even if it is terrible for you. (Same with Philly.)

Hey, look. It's snowing outside. What an f'in surprise.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I actually haven't seen most of the movies on your list (except Dumb and Dumber, but that was a long time ago), which is why I didn't mention them. Rocky is probably my favorite all-time movie -- second only to Forrest Gump, which I completely forgot to mention -- and is probably the only movie that I know by heart. I've seen Braveheart a lot too, just because I'll usually leave it on if I see it when I'm flipping through channels. I always forget how long it is, though. Like The Dark Knight, there are several times in that movie where you feel you're watching the climax, and then it keeps on going. Very epic stuff.

Forrest Gump also makes my best and favorite lists. I love the story and it has so many interesting characters. It also has an amazing sound track. Most of my favorite movies are there because they have great one-liners or awesome dialogue.  Snatch is loaded with good one liners and Bullet-Tooth Tony has one of my favorite monologues of all time in that movie. I actually just watched it again last week. I haven't watched Braveheart in a couple years now, but when I was in high school and college, it was almost a monthly watch.

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

You're supposed to lure him back to the fog gate. If you do it right, he'll lunge at you, miss, and then you can simply knock him into the lava. It's not cheese because it gives you a special animation, so the developers must have put it there on purpose.

I wish I had thought of that because I would have liked to see that animation. I'll probably do it that way in NG+ I just didn't think there was any cover there so I always sprinted to the area where he hangs out.

It depends what you get. Traditional Pittsburgh salads have lettuce, French fries, some veggies (usually cucumbers and tomatoes), shredded cheese, and grilled chicken strips. You can also swap the chicken for steak. Even though I'm very anti-Pittsburgh when it comes to sports, I love their food, even if it is terrible for you. (Same with Philly.)

Well it doesn't sound so bad with the chicken or steak on it too. I'm not much for vegetables when I get a salad. Most of the time, if I'm eating salad, I get a Caesar salad. My tossed salads general consist of Spinach, green olives, croutons and shaved carrots with either ranch or Italian dressing. If I'm feeling saucy, you might find some red or green peppers on there too. However, I'm typically a carnivore and I don't often run into salads. 

Hey, look. It's snowing outside. What an f'in surprise.

How many more weeks did the ground hog say we had?

• Like 1

@Br1ste Nice job! Only four more trophies to go. (I think you're a madman, but that's gotta be nice having a rarest trophy cabinet full of SMB.)

I'm up to 112/180 objectives and 48/80 trials in Peggle 2. At this point, it's really just going to be an annoying grind to finish up. It's like RER all over again!

Since the current rule is no more than four active games -- and I only have three going right now -- I might allow myself to play something new this weekend. I probably should point out that the newest PS4 update, if you haven't checked it out already, allows you to hide your PS store purchases. This is such an epic thing because I can finally organize my games. I've already hid all the games I've finished, and I'll eventually go through and hide the games that I'll never play. Like SMB. That'll never happen.

Never.

• Like 1

Nice job! Only four more trophies to go. (I think you're a madman, but that's gotta be nice having a rarest trophy cabinet full of SMB.)

I know I can get at least one more of them...maybe two. I really think I am going to have a hard time with the last two. I use "The Kid" almost exclusively and the only character you can use in the last two areas is Bandage Girl. I'm going to take a break from SMB again and try to finish up Space Hulk and then I'll try to beat the Rapture Light and Dark worlds. I knew when I started that this game might put my 100% in jeopardy, but I really wanted a challenge. So far I've died 14,484 times lol. I do like how they track that stat.

I'm up to 112/180 objectives and 48/80 trials in Peggle 2. At this point, it's really just going to be an annoying grind to finish up. It's like RER all over again!

I know you said a lot of these trophies are luck based, so hopefully you have a mini-shrine to the RNG Gods and can make the proper sacrifice so it's as painless as possible for you.

Since the current rule is no more than four active games -- and I only have three going right now -- I might allow myself to play something new this weekend. I probably should point out that the newest PS4 update, if you haven't checked it out already, allows you to hide your PS store purchases. This is such an epic thing because I can finally organize my games. I've already hid all the games I've finished, and I'll eventually go through and hide the games that I'll never play. Like SMB. That'll never happen.

Any ideas on what your next game will be? That is pretty exciting about hiding the purchases since I have a lot of free avatars and other random stuff that clutters my list. In general I buy physical copies since I like to have the disc, but the PS+ free games or big sale games I'll buy digitally. It's always nice when they come out with something like this. It's the little things in life that make us happy!

I haven't had much time for Souls the past couple of days so I'm still at Sen's Fortress. I got through most of it last night and then had a careless falling death so I decided to stop for the night. I'll probably get through that today. I'm thinking of going to the movies tonight to see Black Panther, but I haven't decided yet. It has received amazing reviews and I've seen every other comic book movie so far so I'm sure I'll like it. I'll just have to see if my desire to play Souls outweighs my desire for movie popcorn.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 8:41 AM, Br1ste said:

I am in Camp Pepperoni all the way, especially the classic slices of pepperoni. If they have some pork sausage I'm on with it and maybe mushrooms, but nothing else. I hated how Pizza Hut's sausage was filled with caraway seeds. :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Br1ste said:

I know I can get at least one more of them...maybe two. I really think I am going to have a hard time with the last two. I use "The Kid" almost exclusively and the only character you can use in the last two areas is Bandage Girl. I'm going to take a break from SMB again and try to finish up Space Hulk and then I'll try to beat the Rapture Light and Dark worlds. I knew when I started that this game might put my 100% in jeopardy, but I really wanted a challenge. So far I've died 14,484 times lol. I do like how they track that stat.

That...is a lot of deaths. I think the later Souls games keep track of that stat too, and I don't remember mine ever being that high. (I think 114 for Dark Souls 2.) Kudos to you for keeping your cool through all that.

Any ideas on what your next game will be?

I'm looking for something relatively short, not open world, and that I could juggle comfortably with Dragon's Dogma, since I think I'm going to try to get back into that. I'm not quite ready to face the Batman challenge, but hunting dragons or ogres or whatever you do in that ridiculous game might give me just the inspiration I need.

Looking over my backlog folder, I think Prison Architect, 10 Second Ninja X, or The Banner Saga might be fun. I also picked up some short (?), platinum-less (?) games like Toren, Chronicles of Teddy, and Galak-Z. Oh, and I should probably point out -- I added a category to the first post that includes all of the games on my backlog. And by "all," I mean like 30%.

I haven't had much time for Souls the past couple of days so I'm still at Sen's Fortress. I got through most of it last night and then had a careless falling death so I decided to stop for the night. I'll probably get through that today. I'm thinking of going to the movies tonight to see Black Panther, but I haven't decided yet. It has received amazing reviews and I've seen every other comic book movie so far so I'm sure I'll like it. I'll just have to see if my desire to play Souls outweighs my desire for movie popcorn.

Make sure you use a guide to find the bonfire at the top of Sen's Fortress. It's hidden in a...very stupid place. I wouldn't want you to think you have to do all that again if you die at the next boss.

Also, I went to see the Black Panther for my birthday. I went to see it. I didn't actually see it. Apparently other people had the same idea to go see a movie during Valentine's Day weekend, as if they have something to celebrate. Pfft. That theater should have been mine, and mine alone.

So, I went to the mall instead. Got myself some work clothes and an Orange Julius. I regret nothing.

31 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I am in Camp Pepperoni all the way, especially the classic slices of pepperoni. If they have some pork sausage I'm on with it and maybe mushrooms, but nothing else. I hated how Pizza Hut's sausage was filled with caraway seeds. :(

I could do without the mushrooms, if I haven't mentioned that already, but there's nothing wrong with the classics. When in doubt, always go with pepperoni. Just call me... Classicvania.

(Don't call me that.)

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

So I was watching MSNBC and Fox News the other night and I’m still in awe at how overly judgmental, opinionated and adrenaline fueled these talking heads are. 

I already beat this subject on this on this thread and it was one of the main reasons why I went on a tantrum. 

But Jesus Christ is there any mainstream news outlet that can deliver the news without being overly sensitive? 

So much talk about Donald Trump and these talking heads make everything worse. 

ESPN, a station I used to enjoy for following sports has become particularly worse in the past few years. It follows the same getup as MSNBC and Fox News. 

Unfortunately I live with people who are still subscribed to TV. Otherwise I would cut it out completely. 

Then I watch old 1970s - 1980s news broadcasts people post onto YouTube and wow. Not only did these old school guys talk about the news in a neutral manner, they didn’t freak out and yell about it. 

——

For happier news it looks like I’ll be getting back to Unravel this coming week. Maybe getting the collectibles first is better than trying both with a no death run. 

Definitely enjoying Mafia 3, just got a few things left before I get the platinum. Then it’s on to the DLC, which hopefully isn’t so repetitive. 

The music, the voice acting, the story. All very solid.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2018 at 0:21 PM, Cassylvania said:

Make sure you use a guide to find the bonfire at the top of Sen's Fortress. It's hidden in a...very stupid place. I wouldn't want you to think you have to do all that again if you die at the next boss.

Thanks for the tip! I definitely wouldn't have found that on my own. I was able to defeat the Iron Golem yesterday and he either glitched for me or was the easiest boss I've faced so far. I rolled between his legs and then started hacking at him. He didn't really move until he fell on one knee. I kept hitting him and he eventually died. I think he maybe took two swings at me the whole fight. Beat him first try so I'm not sure if those are his normal mechanics. I'm in Anor Londo and will probably get some good time in the game tonight. Another Noreaster is set to hit us and they have forecast up to 18 inches of snow in my area. If I don't have to go into work tomorrow, I should be able to make a great dent into the game.

Also, I went to see the Black Panther for my birthday. I went to see it. I didn't actually see it. Apparently other people had the same idea to go see a movie during Valentine's Day weekend, as if they have something to celebrate. Pfft. That theater should have been mine, and mine alone.

That's a bummer. The theater down the street from me is a "Luxury" Theater with leg rests and assigned seating. I generally buy my seat in advance now so that what happened to you doesn't happen to me. As far as the theater being yours and yours alone...I recently found out I can do that at another theater in my area. They do birthday parties and for $50 you can rent out the theater and watch first run films. They also let you bring in a DVD or Blu Ray of movies that aren't in theaters to watch. You could have a private viewing of Braveheart on the big screen if you want! My son turns four next month and I'm seriously thinking of doing this for him and putting his favorite movie on the big screen for him. Maybe a theater near you does something similar.

So, I went to the mall instead. Got myself some work clothes and an Orange Julius. I regret nothing.

I had no idea Orange Julius was still in business! They used to have one in a Mall near me when I was a kid. That mall has since closed and I haven't had an Orange Julius in easily 25 years. That was a happy consequence of the movie being sold out! I didn't end up going either on Saturday night. My brother and sister in-laws came over for dinner. A few adult beverages were consumed and by the time they left the movie had already started. I may go Wednesday night now instead.

On 3/11/2018 at 0:13 AM, Spaz said:

So I was watching MSNBC and Fox News the other night and I’m still in awe at how overly judgmental, opinionated and adrenaline fueled these talking heads are. 

That's all those channels are now. There is no news reported...just talking heads spewing our versions of the "news" that further their agenda. I never watch any of these channels since they don't actually do any reporting. It's all opinion based and I don't care what they have to say. I try to stick to more local news if I watch anything...while it isn't perfect it is far less inflammatory.

On 3/11/2018 at 0:13 AM, Spaz said:

Definitely enjoying Mafia 3, just got a few things left before I get the platinum. Then it’s on to the DLC, which hopefully isn’t so repetitive. 

The music, the voice acting, the story. All very solid.

I may have to check this out too. My brother-in-law is playing this game right now and was telling me about it on Saturday. In addition to strategy/RPG games, I'm a sucker for any game with a good story.

• Like 1